Uconn will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL next year! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL next year!

Reaction Score
UCONN will not dominate next year. South Carolina has a strong team back and picked up the number 2,3,and 4th. rated players out of the class of 2021. (Azzi being #1) When we play them it will be a war. Stanford will be outstanding with Brink, Jones, and Hull, and too many other good players to mention. Frankly, it's a good thing UCONN is picking up some quality transfers, epically Dorka. Without them, we would be lucky to make it back to the FF.
UConn made the Final Four last year, brings everyone back (except for Anna), adds the best/second best recruiting class and they would be “lucky” to make the Final Four. Talk about seeing the glass as half empty. Even without Dorka we are a prohibitive favorite to make the Final Four next year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Who do you see her starting over? I have a hard time seeing him sit CW or Evina. And I don’t see him playing four guards, I think it’ll likely be PB, CW, E, ONO, Lea/Dorka
This is the “dilemma“ Geno will have to figure out. Geno says he does not decide who starts or who plays. the players do during practice. He the girls know who the best players are and who should get the bulk of the minutes because they are the ones that will win or lose the game.

Reaction Score
Okay, I was scared until today's surprise.

Not "announced" - "SIGNED!"

The annual South Carolina vs. UConn series is GOOD for women's basketball - MAY IT LONG CONTINUE!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Deep down I knew this team could win the Chip this year, but I really didn’t think they would. Just too young! But next years squad with the addition of Dorka, Azzi, and my pick for sleeper of the class Ducharme, there is simply NO EXCUSE for them not to cut down the nets! This will be the most talented and balanced team ever in terms of depth! With CW finally coming into her own, and the rest of the pieces, there is simply no weakness! As I predicted last year that the team would take off when Nika became the starting point guard, (by the way, if she would have stayed healthy I think we would have won this year) I‘m telling you Dorka was a game changer!!! If they stay healthy it’s OVER! Period! I understand the Stanford’s and South Carolina’s of the world, but Uconn‘s B game will beat them next year. I’m so excited I can’t wait They will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL!!!
This forecast just changed. South Carolina signed the 6'7" Brazilian from Syracuse. She will have 4 years of eligibility and, in my view, will be better than either Boston or Wilson. She is taller, has longer reach and is much faster. That changes all formulae. Uconn will be their major competition, but I have to rank South Carolina as Number one. Which, by the way, means less than nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom