Uconn will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL next year! | The Boneyard

Uconn will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL next year!

Reaction Score
Deep down I knew this team could win the Chip this year, but I really didn’t think they would. Just too young! But next years squad with the addition of Dorka, Azzi, and my pick for sleeper of the class Ducharme, there is simply NO EXCUSE for them not to cut down the nets! This will be the most talented and balanced team ever in terms of depth! With CW finally coming into her own, and the rest of the pieces, there is simply no weakness! As I predicted last year that the team would take off when Nika became the starting point guard, (by the way, if she would have stayed healthy I think we would have won this year) I‘m telling you Dorka was a game changer!!! If they stay healthy it’s OVER! Period! I understand the Stanford’s and South Carolina’s of the world, but Uconn‘s B game will beat them next year. I’m so excited I can’t wait They will be BAD FOR BASKETBALL!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wait until we add Cardoso.
I know we can’t talk about or even “suggest“ transfers leaving the team, so I’m not going to go down that road; even with respect to potential incoming transfers. Your post is the first I‘ve read about her possibly not being with Syracuse next season. Is there something in the wind here, or mere wishful thinking? ?

Reaction Score
Go to the general page and look under April transfers she’s In the portal

Reaction Score
I know we can’t talk about or even “suggest“ transfers leaving the team, so I’m not going to go down that road; even with respect to potential incoming transfers. Your post is the first I‘ve read about her possibly not being with Syracuse next season. Is there something in the wind here? ?
28FE51BF-3D02-4AEC-A2C2-CD9FEE647CEE.jpeg

Reaction Score
I know we can’t talk about or even “suggest“ transfers Leaving the team, so I’m not going to go down that road even with respect to potential incoming transfers. Your post is the first I‘ve read about her not being with Syracuse next season. Is there something in the wind here? ?
Supposedly transferring to either UConn or Auburn. Do we even have room to take any more players? I know Geno may be concerned about injuries, depth, transfers, etc. but at some point it just feels like you're recruiting over kids which I've never been a fan of.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Supposedly transferring to either UConn or Auburn. Do we even have room to take any more players? I know Geno may be concerned about injuries, depth, transfers, etc. but at some point it just feels like you're recruiting over kids which I've never been a fan of.
Agreed. But could he say no thank you to overtures from Cardoso’s camp? Especially if those inquiries were serious? 6’7” post players don’t ring your doorbell every day. I’m sorry. If she really wants to come to UConn, I’d take her and figure out how to make it work later.

I’m trying to win a championship next year. If she can help us do that, I’ve got to open that door. I’d have a meeting with my staff first before I made a final decision. Four heads are better than one. Bringing her in would be very tempting to say the least.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Center Cardoso, Dorka, DeBerry
Power forward Liv, Edwards for this year.
If Dorka doesn’t return next season we’ll have Cardoso, Edwards, DeBerry, Ice, and Patterson who can play more then one position. I don’t think we’re to deep. Only thing bad I see coming out of this is Westbrook or Azzi coming off the bench, but I guess that’s not really a bad thing is it.

Reaction Score
If Dorka doesn’t return next season we’ll have Cardoso, Edwards, DeBerry, Ice, and Patterson who can play more then one position. I don’t think we’re to deep. Only thing bad I see coming out of this is Westbrook or Azzi coming off the bench, but I guess that’s not really a bad thing is it.
Liv would get to play the high post of Cardoso comes. But, Liv isn’t consistent with that elbow shot...

Carnac

Reaction Score
Liv would get to play the high post of Cardoso comes. But, Liv isn’t consistent with that elbow shot...
If we can get Cardozo, I would implore the staff to figure something out. As I said, 6’7” post players don’t ring your doorbell every day. if she wanted to come to UConn, I would not say no. I’m of the opinion that Cardoso could help us win games in late March.

I would have a personal private meeting with each player to explain to them what we’re trying to do, how they fit in to that equation, and get their feedback on how they feel about this team and our aspirations going forward. I would hope everyone was on board.

If you are truly serious about winning a national championship and not just giving “lip service“, you leave no stone unturned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go to the general page and look under April transfers she’s In the portal
I know nobody really does but could she sit out a year. She really needs more stamina and to get stronger. Since she didn't lose a year last year she doesn't really lose a year.

Reaction Score
I know nobody really does but could she sit out a year. She really needs more stamina and to get stronger. Since she didn't lose a year last year she doesn't really lose a year.
With the way we’ve seen Uconn teams, I think she’ll have more than enough time to get her stamina up through condition and Uconn practices. I think Geno will play whenever can help us the most. If that’s her then she’ll get time and if it’s not she will be developed to be a star IMO.

Carnac

Reaction Score
With the way we’ve seen Uconn teams, I think she’ll have more than enough time to get her stamina up through condition and Uconn practices. I think Geno will play whenever can help us the most. If that’s her then she’ll get time and if it’s not she will be developed to be a star IMO.
I don’t think she’d be needed more than 25 minutes a game. She’d be in a rotation with other bigs.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Next year the only time Azzi comes off the bench will be during TO's.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I remember from the tournament game how easy it seemed for Syracuse to try and score on every inbounds play from under their basket. I know we have seen it with Liv but it seemed a bit easier for Syracuse when they did it. (At least until we were able to defend it.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom