UConn WHOC 23-24 Season | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn WHOC 23-24 Season

Reaction Score
Big missed opportunity there but Northeastern goalie is a brick wall so far.

Reaction Score
You get a 5 on 3 followed by a 5 min pen. Not scoring there is epically bad.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This is very stressful. Thank goodness…the refs wouldn’t have gotten out of there alive if they had overturned it

Reaction Score
Very very very close call.
I think she was probably in the crease about a tenth early.

Reaction Score
What a game!! So stressful. So proud of these women.
And a shoutout to the men’s hockey team who showed up, sat in the students section, and cheered like crazy for the women. Stayed for the celebration too. Great to see the support.
Pretty full arena. Great atmosphere.

Reaction Score
So I think this means an 8/9 game vs Minn-Duluth with the winner facing OhioSt or Wisconsin (whichever is the overall 1)

?

Reaction Score
What a game!! So stressful. So proud of these women.
And a shoutout to the men’s hockey team who showed up, sat in the students section, and cheered like crazy for the women. Stayed for the celebration too. Great to see the support.
Pretty full arena. Great atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Very very very close call.
I think she was probably in the crease about a tenth early.
Can anyone find the official rule in the book? That puck was well on its way towards the net before Woodworth's skate fully entered the crease. It's a good solid call by the refs given the closeness of what transpired and something that wasn't even seeable in real time. For a lot of reasons it was the right outcome by the refs, but we also know that this may not have held this game were played in Boston.

Reaction Score
Can anyone find the official rule in the book? That puck was well on its way towards the net before Woodworth's skate fully entered the crease. It's a good solid call by the refs given the closeness of what transpired and something that wasn't even seeable in real time. For a lot of reasons it was the right outcome by the refs, but we also know that this may not have held this game were played in Boston.
It also deflected off the Northeastern player’s shin. I would like to hear an explanation.

Congratulations to the women’s program and Coach MacKenzie. Before he took over, the program won a total of 7 games in 2 seasons. He has done a tremendous job building this program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm only going by what the announcer said -- that the puck needed to be in the crease before her skate was fully in. Again, it was very very close but when the did slo-mo overhead it did look like she was in the crease just before the puck was.

I'm glad they decided it was too close to overturn (or perhaps there were other factors?), but if we had lost on that, I'd be screaming bloody murder. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom