UConn WHOC 23-24 Season | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn WHOC 23-24 Season

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn has gotten hosed on two calls in a row, but they still lead 4-2 with 9 minutes left.

Reaction Score
IMG_2764.jpeg

Reaction Score
Nice crowd today, first time I got caught in traffic after a women's hockey game

Reaction Score
UConn will play BC on Wednesday

BC is the only Hockey East team UConn does not have a win against this season (0-2-1)

Reaction Score
Nice win. Good crowd. Had not seen the UConn women play since the holiday tournament in 2012 when Clarkson and Quinnipiac visited Freitas. The standard of play has changed dramatically in those 11 years. The game has gotten much faster even though there were some players in the house then who are still playing Olympic hockey today for the USA and Canada.

I don't have much to say about the game other than the tempo was very high compared to 11 years ago and last year when I watched Clarkson play SHU early in the season. UConn was very disciplined and highly anticipatory. Centerman high at all times on offense. It was playoff hockey. Not trying so much to blow them out as to advance. That second HC goal UConn's goalie would like to have back. She has an awesome glove hand, but somehow it failed her on that shot. I suspect it sailed on her.

After the game I texted my good friend, Clarkson's VP for alumni relations. I told him that Clarkson could see UConn in the NCAA's. Hoping UConn gets past BC on Wednesday. I see the potential for a road trip on the horizon. But UConn has to take care of business first.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I should add to that review that Holy Cross was not playing like a regular season 10th place team. Indeed, they had taken down Boston University two nights before.

Reaction Score
Nice, but it is not gonna help them if they don't win on Wednesday night. If they lose in the semi game, league championship teams from the CHA and NEWHA who rank below them in the Pairwise will go to the dance instead. And if they lose in the HE championship game, an at large bid will also be problematical for the same reason. They would have to jump above QU in the Pairwise. The good news is that QU went out in the ECAC tournament already losing to Cornell last weekend. The bad news is that they played against better competition which bumped their rank up.

Bottom line: Just Win UConn Women!! Control your own destiny!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice, but it is not gonna help them if they don't win on Wednesday night. If they lose in the semi game, league championship teams from the CHA and NEWHA who rank below them in the Pairwise will go to the dance instead. And if they lose in the HE championship game, an at large bid will also be problematical for the same reason. They would have to jump above QU in the Pairwise. The good news is that QU went out in the ECAC tournament already losing to Cornell last weekend. The bad news is that they played against better competition which bumped their rank up.

Bottom line: Just Win UConn Women!! Control your own destiny!!
Sellout or bust!

Reaction Score
Attendance at the HE women's quarters:

Merrimack @ Northeastern: 483
PC @ BC: 589
UVM @ UNH: 724
Holy Cross @ UConn: 1,436

Let's show Hocket East and NESN that New England college hockey is alive and well outside metro Boston/Rte 495.
Fill Toscano on Wednesday.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Attendance at the HE women's quarters:

Merrimack @ Northeastern: 483
PC @ BC: 589
UVM @ UNH: 724
Holy Cross @ UConn: 1,436

Let's show Hocket East and NESN that New England college hockey is alive and well outside metro Boston/Rte 495.
Fill Toscano on Wednesday.
I went to the Championship game between UConn and Northeastern back in 2018. The crowd was sparse (see photo) to say the least. We already crushed that attendance with Saturdays showing.

IMG_2907.jpeg

Reaction Score
I went to the Championship game between UConn and Northeastern back in 2018. The crowd was sparse (see photo) to say the least. We already crushed that attendance with Saturdays showing.

View attachment 97258
Looks like it was at Northeastern though from the logo on center ice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom