UConn WBB 100% Vaccination Rate | The Boneyard

UConn WBB 100% Vaccination Rate

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, breakthrough infections are real and depending on what source you read, are increasing with the Delta and Mu variants. My wife and I are both dealing with that very issue now. We are both vaccinated. My wife is now recovering from bilateral pneumonia due to Covid (confirmed positive PCR test) and I am awaiting results of my PCR test.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, breakthrough infections are real and depending on what source you read, are increasing with the Delta and Mu variants. My wife and I are both dealing with that very issue now. We are both vaccinated. My wife is now recovering from bilateral pneumonia due to Covid (confirmed positive PCR test) and I am awaiting results of my PCR test.
So very sorry to hear that news. Praying for you and your wife to fully recover.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn has a vaccine mandate for students and employees. Wonder if there will be one for attending games.
I suspect UConn will roll out an indoor attendance policy by the end of October. I do note that on campus, regardless of vaccination status, masks are required indoors in classrooms and some other gathering locations.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Wifey is doing much better after the "pneumonia cocktail" (as my RN daughter calls it from her working on a ward that handles Covid patients). I'm sure being vaccinated reduced the seriousness of her infection. I have been fighting what I thought was a persistent head cold for about two weeks but had no other complications. Hoping for a negative PCR but considering that I have been in close proximity to my wife (yes, we still like each other) I suspect that I "got the bug" as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Wifey is doing much better after the "pneumonia cocktail" (as my RN daughter calls it from her working on a ward that handles Covid patients). I'm sure being vaccinated reduced the seriousness of her infection. I have been fighting what I thought was a persistent head cold for about two weeks but had no other complications. Hoping for a negative PCR but considering that I have been in close proximity to my wife (yes, we still like each other) I suspect that I "got the bug" as well.
Good to hear. The BY expects you to be back “game ready” by 1st game tip-off on Nov 14.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I am hoping that Gampel and XL will not require masks and will not impose "vaccine passports" (even though I am vaccinated), but I am not optimistic at all on either count.

Things are really strange in Connecticut right now. I need a mask to walk in and get a cup of coffee at the DD in my home town but I can work out at my gym one town over without a mask.

Reaction Score
I am hoping that Gampel and XL will not require masks and will not impose "vaccine passports" (even though I am vaccinated), but I am not optimistic at all on either count.

Things are really strange in Connecticut right now. I need a mask to walk in and get a cup of coffee at the DD in my home town but I can work out at my gym one town over without a mask.
I think it's because there are no state mandates. Individual businesses and towns are left to make their own rules. Gov. Lamont is exploring the adoption of a similar vaccine passport system like New York though with the state being 73% vaccinated I'm not sure how useful that would be.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Good health and good luck to both of you.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Not sure about XL, but UConn students are under a vaccine mandate and they are required to wear masks in classrooms, etc., so I would actually expect a vaccine mandate on campus at Gampel. It worked for the US Open tennis tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure about XL, but UConn students are under a vaccine mandate and they are required to wear masks in classrooms, etc., so I would actually expect a vaccine mandate on campus at Gampel. It worked for the US Open tennis tournament.
and Barclays is adopting that policy as of today Sept 13.

Reaction Score
UConn has a vaccine mandate for students and employees. Wonder if there will be one for attending games.
I would not want to take my seat wondering whether the people next to me are vaccinated. A mandate makes perfect sense. I am going to the theater in Austria and Germany in two weeks and will not be able to enter the hotel, a restaurant, train, museum or theater without showing my vaccination card.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My dad has been living with congestive heart failure for over 10 years and tries to be as healthy as he can be (low salt diet, exercise, proper meds, etc.). He's 83 years old. I can't stress how strongly I feel about letting NO ONE who is un-vaccinated anywhere near him. So I'm 100% in favor of a mandate.

I realize that even vaccinated people can carry the disease and test positive, but the more people who are vaccinated, the less likelihood that others will become infected.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
and Barclays is adopting that policy as of today Sept 13.
When I went to Barclay Center in mid-July to take in a game between the Sun and the Liberty just before the WNBA's Olympic break, I had to show my vaccination card to get in. It was the first and only time since the pandemic began that I have had to pull it out of my wallet.

I will have no problem if Gampel and XL require people to show vaccination cards to get into games.

Reaction Score

Is Hartford one the the places in CT with a mask mandate? I know that some big towns along the coast have such a mandate. As much as I dislike wearing a mask, such a mandate will not keep me from going to the XL center.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is Hartford one the the places in CT with a mask mandate? I know that some big towns along the coast have such a mandate. As much as I dislike wearing a mask, such a mandate will not keep me from going to the XL center.
Yes, effective on Aug 10 the City of Hartford required that people wear masks in indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, even though most businesses locally have signs up requiring masks for entry there are always maskless people in the stores and they are served. I think much of it is caused by confusion and lack of direction from Hartford.
Of course mask wearing would be moot if people would just get vaccinated.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Yes, effective on Aug 10 the City of Hartford required that people wear masks in indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
I don't care if there is a mask mandate or not, the important thing is that full attendance is allowed at Gampel and XL. The fans need to be there and the players deserve to have us there. Things may be different on the road as many states are not taking this virus seriously enough. The biggest question is what will the requirements be for our opponents that are not in the BE. Could be scary right off the bat with our first game against Arkansas, one of the states down south that has a continual problem with this. We can't hope for the best, we have to pray for the best.

Reaction Score

Very sorry to hear that. Hang in there! Breakthrough inventions are increasing. Hope you can get a booster shot. I'm waiting for mine for next month.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, even though most businesses locally have signs up requiring masks for entry there are always maskless people in the stores and they are served. I think much of it is caused by confusion and lack of direction from Hartford.
Of course mask wearing would be moot if people would just get vaccinated.
I would not want to take my seat wondering whether the people next to me are vaccinated. A mandate makes perfect sense. I am going to the theater in Austria and Germany in two weeks and will not be able to enter the hotel, a restaurant, train, museum or theater without showing my vaccination card.

In fact, America has the second highest current infection rate of any developed nation. We're double and triple the infection rates of most European countries. And, though we started out well ahead of Europe, not to mention Korea and Japan, European countries are now almost all at 70% vaccination rates for their total populations, while America is barely over 50%. Japan, which had extremely low vaccination rates at the time of the Olympics, has now equaled American rates, and vaccinations are going fast.

At least we can be thankful that we live in Connecticut, with near the highest vaccination rate of all the fifty states (on par with a Western European country), and the lowest infection rate of the fifty states. Shame our kids have to travel elsewhere to play basketball.

Reaction Score
Feel better! They definitely are real... one of my coworkers has been out since thursday... she is vaccinated and still tested positive :(

Reaction Score
Ozi, lots of prayers for you and wifey to get better, and remain healthy. This virus and its variants are horrible. Much love sent your way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom