UConn wasnt built for the average and ordinary | The Boneyard

UConn wasnt built for the average and ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
First of all I don't think many fans really understand or conceive where UConn is compared to other teams. One thing I keep bringing up is UConn went through a stretch where they beat Stanford MD Duke Penn St with KML and Tuck seeing very little time and in most cases on the road seeing no time. How many teams could win those games and win them going away???? NONE. Fans don't understand the level that UConn is at. UConns team chemistry continuity and discipline are far above anything WCBB has ever seen. That's why they win and that's why they win with key players out of the lineup. No other team in WCBB can do that. IMO with Breanna in the lineup UConn will not lose a NC. Yes shes that good and getting better and only a soph. Surround her with key players and UConn will be very difficult to beat.
UConn is built for winners. There are a lot of very talented girls in WCBB. There are many talented teams in WCBB. But there is not TEAM like UConn. UConn is built to plug in players who can run plays and do what is expected whether its Breanna Bria or anybody else that's why UConn can win with top players and win without top players. Its Genos system, and his ability to have every player on the same page.
You've heard theres no I in Team. UConn exemplifies that. You can argue all the other teams and how good they will be but you need to understand its not going to happen over night. It takes Years to build a team like Geno has built. Yeah there are a lot of one year wonders and some who are great for 4 years but how many have won multiple NCs? How bout conference championships?
Winners come to UConn because its all about winning a NC, being the best you can be, wanting it all. For those who come they realize their dreams. For those who don't they don't. Michelle Wie said something I never forgot... " I don't want to be average and ordinary. " What did she mean by that? IMO she ment she will pay the price to be successful, be taught by the very best to attain that level, pay that price in advance with no guarantees and do a little bit more then anybody else. Unless you play for the best, with the best, and make a total commitment to yourself then your shorting yourself.

For those kids lucky enough to have Geno as their coach they have realized those Dreams. For those who chose another path, remember you could've been a UConn Husky and part of WCBB history.

Bottom line its all about duplication. Having Tierney Lawlor run the same plays as Bria Hartley ... everybody on the same page. Hey UConn isn't for those kids who want to be average and ordinary, who don't want to make a total commitment to the T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More). So for those kids who go elsewhere because the have other reasons whether it be playtime, a degree, be close to home, not wanting to be in the spotlight good for them and wish them luck. They're good people and their BB skills will help them attain their goals. But for those few who come to UConn the reality of their dreams can be reached too.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tony - nice post, but I do want to put one caveat on what you said above - Uconn has only won NCs when they had the best talent and or the best player in the country with maybe last year being the one exception.
95 - Lobo and Jen.
00 - pick em.
02 - Sue, DT and _____
03 - DT
04 - DT
09 - Tina, Maya, Rene
10 - Tina, Maya
13 - pick em (but Baylor had the best player and equal talent - they just never got there.)

Reaction Score
First of all I don't think many fans really understand or conceive where UConn is compared to other teams. One thing I keep bringing up is UConn went through a stretch where they beat Stanford MD Duke Penn St with KML and Tuck seeing very little time and in most cases on the road seeing no time. How many teams could win those games and win them going away???? NONE. Fans don't understand the level that UConn is at. UConns team chemistry continuity and discipline are far above anything WCBB has ever seen. That's why they win and that's why they win with key players out of the lineup. No other team in WCBB can do that. IMO with Breanna in the lineup UConn will not lose a NC. Yes shes that good and getting better and only a soph. Surround her with key players and UConn will be very difficult to beat.
UConn is built for winners. There are a lot of very talented girls in WCBB. There are many talented teams in WCBB. But there is not TEAM like UConn. UConn is built to plug in players who can run plays and do what is expected whether its Breanna Bria or anybody else that's why UConn can win with top players and win without top players. Its Genos system, and his ability to have every player on the same page.
You've heard theres no I in Team. UConn exemplifies that. You can argue all the other teams and how good they will be but you need to understand its not going to happen over night. It takes Years to build a team like Geno has built. Yeah there are a lot of one year wonders and some who are great for 4 years but how many have won multiple NCs? How bout conference championships?
Winners come to UConn because its all about winning a NC, being the best you can be, wanting it all. For those who come they realize their dreams. For those who don't they don't. Michelle Wie said something I never forgot... " I don't want to be average and ordinary. " What did she mean by that? IMO she ment she will pay the price to be successful, be taught by the very best to attain that level, pay that price in advance with no guarantees and do a little bit more then anybody else. Unless you play for the best, with the best, and make a total commitment to yourself then your shorting yourself.

For those kids lucky enough to have Geno as their coach they have realized those Dreams. For those who chose another path, remember you could've been a UConn Husky and part of WCBB history.

Bottom line its all about duplication. Having Tierney Lawlor run the same plays as Bria Hartley ... everybody on the same page. Hey UConn isn't for those kids who want to be average and ordinary, who don't want to make a total commitment to the T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More). So for those kids who go elsewhere because the have other reasons whether it be playtime, a degree, be close to home, not wanting to be in the spotlight good for them and wish them luck. They're good people and their BB skills will help them attain their goals. But for those few who come to UConn the reality of their dreams can be reached too.
So then, you like our chances of 4 BS NCs. YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom