Uconn-Washington | The Boneyard

Uconn-Washington

Reaction Score
Just a reminder of 2006 sweet 16 game. On cbssd on comcast at 6:00 tonight. This was quite a game I believe Austrie and Rash hit big shots to save us.

Marcus, not Austrie, along with Rashad IIRC. Was there that night. Really tough game to watch, because we never had control, it was interminable with all the fouls and think it was well past 1:00 before we got back to our hotel which was only a 5 minute walk away.

Reaction Score
This team had to be one of the best teams not to make the final four. A lot of really good players. It seemed like we played with fire in Washington game and pulled it out. I assumed like an idiot we would roll from there. Oh well. Admit Anderson’s shot was one of our best ever considering the spot.

Reaction Score
I remember 98 I was doing a job in Cape Girardeau, MO and I believe Rip hit a game winner?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up on the game. Hard to believe they won the game with so many turnovers. Rashad is one of my favorites.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Watching this game I realized that I have zero memories of anything Marcus William's did on the court.

Reaction Score
So I live in Seattle (kent to be exact) and played men’s leagues in the area for years, 2 or so years after this game, I had mike Jensen on my team in a league. First game I walk in with my UConn hoodie on and mike looks at me and shakes his head and says “really joe?” I smiled and asked “why didn’t you give Marcus Williams the lay up? Why’d you foul?” He never answered or spoke of it again lol

Reaction Score
Watched the 2nd half wow did they play crappy on both ends. Marcus Williams looked brain dead passing the ball and between Hilton and Josh they were dreadful at the FT line. They didn’t deserve to win that one but found a way. Onions!

Reaction Score
Marcus Williams shorts are ridiculous
Marcus Williams was ridiculous. I am such a fan, I still watch him play at the Drew. He is still ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Watching highlights of the game yesterday I realized for the first time how over weight and out of shape the whole team looked. They look like a bunch of guys in their thirties. No wonder we couldn't beat George Mason. Amazing we got that far.

Reaction Score
Watching highlights of the game yesterday I realized for the first time how over weight and out of shape the whole team looked. They look like a bunch of guys in their thirties. No wonder we couldn't beat George Mason. Amazing we got that far.

They were 30-4 and 14-2 in the Big East can't do that out of shape but I agree something was off. (maybe those horrible uni's) The just didn't have that passion for the game it seems now looking back at a game like this. If they played the game as hard as this years team they would've won it all, but they didn't. Another thing that amazes me is how high Hilton was taken in the draft. What a sham JC put on the NBA with him. Like the kid but he was even real raw as a senior I mean he didn't know what to do with the ball when trapped during this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom