UConn, Washington and...BC to host 2k Sports Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn, Washington and...BC to host 2k Sports Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so which is it. did we just make a crapy decision or did we make a lazy decision. i would love to know which. where are msu, baylor, wisc, florida types going tney wise? why can't we pick up the phone and ask them? if they ask why tell them were looking to send our team somewhere with atleast 1 other nice program athat we dont have on the schedule. those ath depts would love that phone call and who knows what comes of it. simple 1 minute phone call. why not???? is it balls? is it being lazy? what is it???

people need to take off the blue glasses here. its getting worse and worse from that crowd daily. next thing i know uconn is goin got sign pitt to a h/h series or something. chesus. then a few here will tell us how pitt is a power program and we recruit that city hard and so on. just unreal bs lol.

Forgive my sidestepping, it is hard not to when someone keeps moving the fences, er, hoops every time he posts.

You don't think UConn would playing against a big opponent at MSG? Sure, just pick up the phone and tell them, "Hey, yeah we want to play at your place and we'll bring Maryland Eastern Shore." I'm not complaining about playing at MSG at all, in fact I'm thrilled to be able to play two games there in this tournament on a Thursday and Friday when most big name programs are playing the equivalent of Fairfield.

Also, I'm sorry that it is inconvenient for you that UConn has chosen a tournament that puts it on ESPN/2/U for at least two but likely 3 or 4 nationally televised games, even the early round "regionals" against nobodies that would normally only be on SNY. When a school is trying to get itself back into the national spotlight after a season in purgatory, this is something you can and should do.

Finally, did it occur to you that the Big East slots for the other tournaments are already spoken for and just not announced yet so this is where UConn ended up?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Forgive my sidestepping, it is hard not to when someone keeps moving the fences, er, hoops every time he posts.

You don't think UConn would playing against a big opponent at MSG? Sure, just pick up the phone and tell them, "Hey, yeah we want to play at your place and we'll bring Maryland Eastern Shore." I'm not complaining about playing at MSG at all, in fact I'm thrilled to be able to play two games there in this tournament on a Thursday and Friday when most big name programs are playing the equivalent of Fairfield.

Also, I'm sorry that it is inconvenient for you that UConn has chosen a tournament that puts it on ESPN/2/U for at least two but likely 3 or 4 nationally televised games, even the early round "regionals" against nobodies that would normally only be on SNY. When a school is trying to get itself back into the national spotlight after a season in purgatory, this is something you can and should do.

Finally, did it occur to you that the Big East slots for the other tournaments are already spoken for and just not announced yet so this is where UConn ended up?

we dont need to give up our half of a home/home series for msg. team early season play N site games all the time. msg being what it is and uconn being who we are basically guarantee any teams agreeing to it and espn/2 type national tv game. i think your way underselling uconns name, brand and msg. hell your telling me we couldnt do this with even a psu type?? they may not be a great bball program but they bring tv sets and im sure they would love to split msg with us for a game.

i can care less what channel the 2k is on. not sure what thats about. the pjam wasn't on tv for me so...were already in footprint and i dont think playing a rando then a bcu is really that helpful no matter if its on espn or mtv4. being ncaa free next year is all we will need national exposure wise. were not going to be a f4 team next year unless boat/omar/dd all have kemba like type jumps in play.

if BE slots are filled in other tneys, then thats exactly the type of problem we shouldnt have. tneys should call uconn 99m out of 100 times before other BE schools. if not then thats our fault for not keeping communication possible with them. what tney is crazy enough to book usf or prov before checking with uconn? if we are left with the 2k becuase of that then leadership failed. and it also proves my point of lazy or just dumb.

Reaction Score
It's only a matter of time before BC realizes their error and backs out of the tournament. They're too hit to face us on the court or gridiron. Clearly they didn't read the fine print.
If this is real though, it will be nice to beat their by 20 like the good old days.

Reaction Score
They can't. After UK lost to Gardner Webb, most tournaments went to a format where the "host" schools get automatic births in the semis regardless of what happens.

Really? (Note: This is a surprised 'really,' not an I-don't-believe-you 'really.') That really stinks for the non-power conference schools.

How does a coach for a Gardner-Webb type school motivate his team for the tournament? "Fellas, we win this game and we're going to MSG, the mecca of basketball. Well, actually, we're not allowed to. So let's give it our all, because the game's on the schedule and we don't have any other plans for the next couple hours."

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If this is real though, it will be nice to beat their by 20 like the good old days.

20? That's when BC had an actual player or two. A blowout like UMass-Lowell wouldn't even be enough. I want something so embarrassing the ACC convenes the next day to kick 'em out.

Reaction Score
dan you dont know jack dude. First of all do you really think ESPN is gonna make BCU a "storyline"? come on kid when do you ever see BCU talked about on ESPN? Yeah they may say something for about .7 seconds during the game but thats it. Get out of your moms basement with your crazy logic. I think the black mold is getting to you. Also do you think maybe playing BCU might mend alittle bit of a bridge? Maybe to get us the invite to the ACC you said we already had? hmm dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom