UConn, Washington and...BC to host 2k Sports Classic | The Boneyard

UConn, Washington and...BC to host 2k Sports Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are scheduled to play @Washington too next year, right? So decent chance we play them twice?

Reaction Score
Wish another acc school was in besides bc. But will be fun the crush them

Reaction Score
We are scheduled to play @Washington too next year, right? So decent chance we play them twice?

Yes, in looking at previous brackets, UConn will likely line up with BC in the semis and UW and the fourth team in the other.

I would expect either a Big 12 or Big 10 team being the fourth host school and MSG participant.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who the fruck scedhuled this bs???? oh, prob warde...

1) f bcu and in no way should we give there students, alums and fans the pleasure of usung the same arena as us
2) we already have wash stuff
3) putting 1 and 2 togetherr how the fruck can u say yes to this

if we have to play bcu i will murder 1 random person in the streets and leave a note saying its warde fault. giving that school a bball game on tv is a crime.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
That link is giving me a 404 (not found) error. Anyone save a hard copy of that pdf?

Reaction Score
who the fruck scedhuled this bs???? oh, prob warde...

1) f bcu and in no way should we give there students, alums and fans the pleasure of usung the same arena as us
2) we already have wash stuff
3) putting 1 and 2 togetherr how the fruck can u say yes to this

if we have to play bcu i will murder 1 random person in the streets and leave a note saying its warde fault. giving that school a bball game on tv is a crime.

#2 happens fairly often across college ball. Hell, it happened to UConn in the 2000 Maui Invitational. UConn had Arizona on the schedule in December and were lined up to play them in the 2nd round of the tournament. Of course UConn lost to Dayton in round one so it never happened. UConn also played Gardner Webb twice in three weeks due to this very tournament in 2007. Of course you probably weren't old enough to stay up and watch those games back then.

Reaction Score

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
#2 happens fairly often across college ball. Hell, it happened to UConn in the 2000 Maui Invitational. UConn had Arizona on the schedule in December and were lined up to play them in the 2nd round of the tournament. Of course UConn lost to Dayton in round one so it never happened. UConn also played Gardner Webb twice in three weeks due to this very tournament in 2007. Of course you probably weren't old enough to stay up and watch those games back then.

i know it happens clown boy buts its rare. but then throw the bc angle on top of it. pretty easy to see we should have looked elsewhere. that tney isnt exactly a list of great either. maui is maui, but we should be able to do better the 3 years between maui trips then were currently doing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

thats a no win game for us. absolutely 100% no win game. giving that school a chance to just watch uconn on tv is a crime. it allows the broadcast to pump bc winning the cold war over uconn conference wise and a lot more. its a no win for uconn no matter how u slice it. u literally can't find a worse game to schedule in any sport. playing alsaka in soccer is better then this.

Reaction Score
i know it happens clown boy buts its rare. but then throw the bc angle on top of it. pretty easy to see we should have looked elsewhere. that tney isnt exactly a list of great either. maui is maui, but we should be able to do better the 3 years between maui trips then were currently doing.

You calling any poster on the yard a "clown" is rich. Anyway, name another school who goes to Maui better than 3 years between trips.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
thats a no win game for us. absolutely 100% no win game. giving that school a chance to just watch uconn on tv is a crime. it allows the broadcast to pump bc winning the cold war over uconn conference wise and a lot more. its a no win for uconn no matter how u slice it. u literally can't find a worse game to schedule in any sport. playing alsaka in soccer is better then this.
So we get to play a traditional regional rival from the ACC on national TV in MSG and its a bad thing for the program. Ok Dan.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You calling any poster on the yard a "clown" is rich. Anyway, name another school who goes to Maui better than 3 years between trips.
Its supposed to be a mandatory 5 years between Maui trips although I believe there may have been an exception, maybe AZ, played in in it twice in 4 years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

u are completely swinging and missing. NO SCHOOL can go to maui less than that. they have a 5 year rule buddy. chesus christ. the point is those 4 other years between maui trips there are a lot of tney to pick from when your name is uconn. playing in msg when your uconn is easy. u cna make a call to msg and to another brand name school and its done. we already have wash on the schedule. with all that being said, what on earth could possibly look attractive in the 2k??? msg? we can get that any time. wash? we alreayd play them. bc? we hate them, its a cold war fball thing. we beat the crap out of them 30 times in a row or something liek that. thats a no win game perception media wise. WTF IS SO ATTRACTIVE????? this is a extremely stupid tney to pick between the lineup of teams and location. u want msg? fine give me texas, iowast and gtech. 3 teams not on the schedule and somewhat national brand names bball wise. this is a joke if any1 here truly likes this. the 4th school better be unc or uk and we better play them twice this tney other wise this is a bust from the start. do u clowns have any clue what the broadcast and stroyline is going to be for a bc bball game?????? think about it. its not going to be pretty considering CR and the time this game would happen.

So we get to play a traditional regional rival from the ACC on national TV in MSG and its a bad thing for the program. Ok Dan.

bc is a tradtitional rival in the bball sense of what? a rival doesn't let u win 30 something games in a row. they blow the arena up before that happens or something. to many fans here living in the 80 and 90s. just way to many.

we cna play who ever we want in msg. make the call and pick a date. if u dont think thats true then your lost. msg wouldn't think twice about unc, texas, msu, ok types vs uconn at msg for a random game. bc is not even close. mac schools would ge the nod first.

Reaction Score
Its supposed to be a mandatory 5 years between Maui trips although I believe there may have been an exception, maybe AZ, played in in it twice in 4 years.

Four years appears to be happening more than it used to: Duke in 2007 and 2011. Arizona in 2005 and 2009. UNC in 2008 and 2012. Maryland in 2005 and 2009, Gonzaga in 2005 and 2009. With conference realignment, there has also been some shuffling around of slots.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
jut looking at this my #'s in my 2 posts are a typo. but the #'s for maui are 0% of what this is about....

Reaction Score
u are completely swinging and missing. NO SCHOOL can go to maui less than that. they have a 5 year rule buddy. chesus christ. the point is those 4 other years between maui trips there are a lot of tney to pick from when your name is uconn. playing in msg when your uconn is easy. u cna make a call to msg and to another brand name school and its done. we already have wash on the schedule. with all that being said, what on earth could possibly look attractive in the 2k??? msg? we can get that any time. wash? we alreayd play them. bc? we hate them, its a cold war fball thing. we beat the crap out of them 30 times in a row or something liek that. thats a no win game perception media wise. WTF IS SO ATTRACTIVE????? this is a extremely stupid tney to pick between the lineup of teams and location. u want msg? fine give me texas, iowast and gtech. 3 teams not on the schedule and somewhat national brand names bball wise. this is a joke if any1 here truly likes this. the 4th school better be unc or uk and we better play them twice this tney other wise this is a bust from the start. do u clowns have any clue what the broadcast and stroyline is going to be for a bc bball game?????? think about it. its not going to be pretty considering CR and the time this game would happen.

Do your meds have a side effect which state "may cause short term memory loss"? You just said we need to do better than every 3 years and now you jump on the 5 year rule. Pick one. Oh and you can't have a preseason tournament with Iowa State and Texas. They are in the same conference. Either of those would be great additions to this event however. Also, you'd rather have Ga Tech than BC/Washington? Yeah, great. They are awful.

In the years that UConn does not play in Maui, they tend to rotate between the other major tournaments. NIT, 2k, Atlantis, Paradise Jam...This is what most schools do.

Reaction Score
Odds are BC loses "hosting" games anyway and never make it to MSG....we'll end up playing Towson St. in the semifinals.

They can't. After UK lost to Gardner Webb, most tournaments went to a format where the "host" schools get automatic births in the semis regardless of what happens.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do your meds have a side effect which state "may cause short term memory loss"? You just said we need to do better than every 3 years and now you jump on the 5 year rule. Pick one. Oh and you can't have a preseason tournament with Iowa State and Texas. They are in the same conference. Either of those would be great additions to this event however. Also, you'd rather have Ga Tech than BC/Washington? Yeah, great. They are awful.

In the years that UConn does not play in Maui, they tend to rotate between the other major tournaments. NIT, 2k, Atlantis, Paradise Jam...This is what most schools do.

again the number years between maui is side stepping the point. there are plenty of tneys to get into if your "uconn". for us to agree to a tney thats local where we can play games with a simple phone call without needing a tney isn't impressive. then on top of that 1 of the teams is already on our schedule and another is some one i rather not see on the list. unless were in the acc i would rather cut my diick off then play them in bball.

are u telling me we couldnt find a better or different tney anywhere? this is just lazy leadership or failure to use our brand name by leadership. im not sure which it is, but either we just said yes to a setup for uconn or we gave a yes and our leadership so so bad that were in ugly shape as far as keeping our national brand becuase of negoatiation skills on our behalf. i have no clue which. but if u think this is a great job done on any level then your part of the problem.

in review: we are uconn. arguablly the 7th to 11th best program all time realistically. huge bball brand. this is a no year for maui and the pjam. so of all the other tneys, we end up down the street playing a team that shouldnt be blessed with our apperance and another team that we already have on the schedule. to boot its in a area that we can play a game in with a simple phone call. yea, really great job here. thumbs up. this isn't a nice vacation or some destitnation or even a brand to play vs that brings something to the table. the fans saw wash this year already locally. and they all hate bc. taking this tney is like devaluing yourself without letting others do it for u. bang up job....

Reaction Score
again the number years between maui is side stepping the point. there are plenty of tneys to get into if your "uconn". for us to agree to a tney thats local where we can play games with a simple phone call without needing a tney isn't impressive. then on top of that 1 of the teams is already on our schedule and another is some one i rather not see on the list. unless were in the acc i would rather cut my diick off then play them in bball.

are u telling me we couldnt find a better or different tney anywhere? this is just lazy leadership or failure to use our brand name by leadership. im not sure which it is, but either we just said yes to a ty setup for uconn or we gave a yes and our leadership so so bad that were in ugly shape as far as keeping our national brand becuase of negoatiation skills on our behalf. i have no clue which. but if u think this is a great job done on any level then your part of the problem.

in review: we are uconn. arguablly the 7th to 11th best program all time realistically. huge bball brand. this is a no year for maui and the pjam. so of all the other tneys, we end up down the street playing a team that shouldnt be blessed with our apperance and another team that we already have on the schedule. to boot its in a area that we can play a game in with a simple phone call. yea, really great job here. thumbs up. this isn't a nice vacation or some destitnation or even a brand to play vs that brings something to the table. the fans saw wash this year already locally. and they all hate bc. taking this tney is like devaluing yourself without letting others do it for u. bang up job....

There are a number of layers here. Try to stay with me...

1. UConn at MSG promises huge ticket sales. This same tournament last year had attendance figures of just over 6k at MSG. Barring KU/IU type of opponent, this lets UConn be the marquee team in the event. Where is the problem with that?

2. I doubt getting a game at MSG is as easy as you think. Between the Rangers, Knicks, and St. John's, you have better than 70 dates already taken at MSG. Add in other CBB events like coaches vs cancer, NIT, etc and that eats up more dates. Then you have WWE, concerts, and other events and the calendar fills up pretty quickly. To think UConn could just call up MSG and say, "yes, we want to play team-x on a Saturday at 4 for television purposes. Make it happen." is to think too highly of this program. When teams like Puke get their games at MSG, it is normally scheduled a year-plus in advance.

3. Try telling our fanbase that they have to give up a marquee game that would be a home game to MSG. We already complain that not enough big games are played on campus and you want to farm one out to a neutral site? Good luck.

4. Do you know the other tourney fields? Other than Maui, I cannot find any info on any other major pre season tourney and the Maui field is week. Tell me, who is in the NIT, Orlando, Anaheim, Paradise Jam, and Atlantis fields and then maybe you will have a point about what UConn should have done. Hell, the field for this tourney hasn't even been made official yet and you are pissing all over it. How about we do the Alaska Shootout with Iowa, Harvard, Denver, Indiana State...? Would you rather that, I mean none of those teams are on the schedule and BC isn't part of it.

Reaction Score
i would never agree to a tourney that BC was in. Its like giving money to homeless people - even if you feel good about yourself you still have to smell them and possibly make physical contact in the exchange.

Reaction Score
i would never agree to a tourney that BC was in.

I kinda agree with you and Dan on this. Why, of all teams, BCU? FC'm.

Unless, however ( hope Dan has his foil hat on like me ), this is part of a backroom deal that will get UConn into the ACC. Hmmmmm?? :D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There are a number of layers here. Try to stay with me...

1. UConn at MSG promises huge ticket sales. This same tournament last year had attendance figures of just over 6k at MSG. Barring KU/IU type of opponent, this lets UConn be the marquee team in the event. Where is the problem with that?
this is thinking from the tney side? tix? please. we dont give a f about there income statement. from maui to pjam to msg we travel and do fine for ourselves. noise. your off if u think were trying to mkae 2k money and be nice guys. why dont we just donate any profit this program makes to 2k so they can not cray about it. chesus.

2. I doubt getting a game at MSG is as easy as you think. Between the Rangers, Knicks, and St. John's, you have better than 70 dates already taken at MSG. Add in other CBB events like coaches vs cancer, NIT, etc and that eats up more dates. Then you have WWE, concerts, and other events and the calendar fills up pretty quickly. To think UConn could just call up MSG and say, "yes, we want to play team-x on a Saturday at 4 for television purposes. Make it happen." is to think too highly of this program. When teams like Puke get their games at MSG, it is normally scheduled a year-plus in advance.
i mean clearly msg is a tuff schedule but thats not the point. once again u look elsewhere to argue instead of the main substance. uconn is a big draw for msg. we could fin a open date with msg then out the word out for a oppoent. its not hard logistics wise. we could do other things also. crying about how msg is msg was not the point...as usual u sidestep

3. Try telling our fanbase that they have to give up a marquee game that would be a home game to MSG. We already complain that not enough big games are played on campus and you want to farm one out to a neutral site? Good luck.
who said were giving up a marquee home game??? your just reaching for cons. plus lets say that we do get a msg game and instead of 9 home games ooc we have 7 that year or something like that. are u really going to complain about playing some 1 in msg??? give me a break once again. silly bs.

4. Do you know the other tourney fields? Other than Maui, I cannot find any info on any other major pre season tourney and the Maui field is week. Tell me, who is in the NIT, Orlando, Anaheim, Paradise Jam, and Atlantis fields and then maybe you will have a point about what UConn should have done. Hell, the field for this tourney hasn't even been made official yet and you are pissing all over it. How about we do the Alaska Shootout with Iowa, Harvard, Denver, Indiana State...? Would you rather that, I mean none of those teams are on the schedule and BC isn't part of it.

its pretty dam easy to ask 2k who else is in it. when they say bc thats strike 1. when they say its at msg thats strike 2 and when they say wash is also in it thats strike 3. i dont know who is in other tneys but heres a thought, go find out who is in other 1's. tell 2k your interested and go search elsewhere. were uconn. not centrral florida, we can do this type of search and find out becuase of our name brand.

so which is it. did we just make a crapy decision or did we make a lazy decision. i would love to know which. where are msu, baylor, wisc, florida types going tney wise? why can't we pick up the phone and ask them? if they ask why tell them were looking to send our team somewhere with atleast 1 other nice program athat we dont have on the schedule. those ath depts would love that phone call and who knows what comes of it. simple 1 minute phone call. why not???? is it balls? is it being lazy? what is it???

people need to take off the blue glasses here. its getting worse and worse from that crowd daily. next thing i know uconn is goin got sign pitt to a h/h series or something. chesus. then a few here will tell us how pitt is a power program and we recruit that city hard and so on. just unreal bs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom