UConn vs Vermont (11/3 - 7pm) - (11/4 - 3:35) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Vermont (11/3 - 7pm) - (11/4 - 3:35)

Reaction Score
The only thing more guaranteed than a UConn defensive football player missing a tackle, is the hockey team following up a great win with a lackluster poor effort. Never fails.

Too true. Next we'll see UCONN soccer go up by 2 goals tonight vs SMU (with conference tourney hosting on the line) only to eventually lose 3-2 with an SMU goal in the 89th minute.

Trifecta of fail.

Reaction Score
Has Mike Cavanaugh ever won 2 games in a weekend in his 5 years as coach?

Reaction Score
The only thing more guaranteed than a UConn defensive football player missing a tackle, is the hockey team following up a great win with a lackluster poor effort. Never fails.
Complete reversal from last nights game. Totally outworked by Vermont today. This team can never put two solid games together.

Reaction Score
I wasn't at the game but I see UConn outshot Vermont 25-12 over the final two periods yet I'm reading here how they were outworked. What happened? Did Huska just suck?

Also I see it was another eventful game for Masonius, causing a penatly shot and then chippiness at the end of the game?

I really think he should be a forward but whatever.

Reaction Score
I wasn't at the game but I see UConn outshot Vermont 25-12 over the final two periods yet I'm reading here how they were outworked. What happened? Did Huska just suck?

Also I see it was another eventful game for Masonius, causing a penatly shot and then chippiness at the end of the game?

I really think he should be a forward but whatever.

Great game by UConn until the penalty shot. 5 minute major by Vermont that messed and bloodied up ? Player. Of course a penalty shot on the PP and couldn't captalize at all on the 5 minute penalty. After that and the 2nd period on, it was just garbage. I think they came out too confident after the 1st and it hurt them after the P shot and never bounced back. Just lost of confidence and momentum compeletly went vermonts way. Refs didn't help on some calls either. Typical crap

Reaction Score
Complete reversal from last nights game. Totally outworked by Vermont today. This team can never put two solid games together.

This team lost focus, was gassed and sucked on defense. Frankly,
I think it is time to ask if Cavanaugh is up to it. Time for him to perform or hit the road!

Reaction Score
Couldn't make the game today because of the conflicting scheduling (great job UConn/Benedict btw!).

Can't say I'm surprised to hear it was Masonius who gave UVM what turned out to be a back-breaking PS.. although I will say he played well the night before with 2 assists and no defensive lapses.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The idea that Mike Cavanaugh's job is in any way in question is categorically insane, even for the boneyard.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Couldn't make the game today because of the conflicting scheduling (great job UConn/Benedict btw!).

Yeah, Benedict did a job of not anticipating a hurricane postponement.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Benedict did a Shittu job of not anticipating a hurricane postponement.

Uh, yeah, I don't think that had anything to do with it .... The ECU game was originally scheduled for the 4th anyways...

Reaction Score
The least they could have done was issued an apology to the fanbase and that segment of ticket holders no matter how many, or how little there are..

Reaction Score
Great game by UConn until the penalty shot. 5 minute major by Vermont that messed and bloodied up ? Player. Of course a penalty shot on the PP and couldn't captalize at all on the 5 minute penalty. After that and the 2nd period on, it was just garbage. I think they came out too confident after the 1st and it hurt them after the P shot and never bounced back. Just lost of confidence and momentum compeletly went vermonts way. Refs didn't help on some calls either. Typical crap
Uconn came out sluggish , again, in the first period. I think they were out shot 10- 1 in the first period at one time. If Vermont could hit the broad side of a barn, it could've been worse . Give credit to Vermont. They seemed to block a lot of shots and passes, and just wanted this game more than Uconn did.

Reaction Score
This is an incredibly frustrating team. Played exceptionally well Friday and for 1 period Saturday then lost focus. Ugh.

Reaction Score
This is an incredibly frustrating team. Played exceptionally well Friday and for 1 period Saturday then lost focus. Ugh.

Yea - frustrating is a good way to put it. Are we going to get Jekyll tonight or Hyde? Simple fact - it is dependent on coaching and having your kids ready to bear down and replicate solid performances.
Also, the VT players seemed better conditioned to do a short turnaround double-header. Strength and conditioning in the Hockey East meat grinder is paramount!

Reaction Score
Yea - frustrating is a good way to put it. Are we going to get Jekyll tonight or Hyde? Simple fact - it is dependent on coaching and having your kids ready to bear down and replicate solid performances.
Also, the VT players seemed better conditioned to do a short turnaround double-header. Strength and conditioning in the Hockey East meat grinder is paramount!
I think You're right. The Huskies seemed sluggish and a step behind in that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom