UConn vs Vanderbilt thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Vanderbilt thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well... Sio should have stepped out of bounds, not that it would have made any difference.

It was Blidi, and the only hope to score was the return.

Reaction Score
OK, the secret's out. Our O is not as good as some people thought.

F

fortebleedsblue

Defense has played very well, except for the two big plays.

I agree ... I was frustrated early but they did well. Offense is just giving them no chance .... I can not believe what we are seeing on offense. I am ok with running from here on our with option.

Reaction Score
Who thought our O was going to be good? I think we were simply hoping it might be better

Reaction Score
O/U 20.5 more sighs or 2 yard routes on third and long in the second half?

It's over.

The record is 60 for a half, which occured last season against Rutgirls.

Reaction Score
Who thought our O was going to be good? I think we were simply hoping it might be better
I thought it was pretty clear that any game we won would have been won because of the D.

Reaction Score
lucky to only be down by 11. McEntee is rattled, no confidence behind his throws. I'd like to see more Nebrich and McCummings in the 2nd half. Why hasn't Shoemate played a single snap?

Reaction Score
Defense is keeping us in the game.

P needs to switch to Nebrich in second half. We need a QB who can run for a few first downs and keep drives alive.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty clear that any game we won would have been won because of the D.
Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we ran a stray play-action when they stack the box, if the QB would look off the receiver, we could have (at least relative to our competition) a reasonably effective offense.

Mac is shook (has been most of the game, I did not see the first drive), throwing too quickly, staring at his target. If he can't relax he won't do anything.

Reaction Score
im not asking our O to be great all i ask is not to turn the ball over, run your routes, know your assignments. Div 1AA teams are moving the ball against ranked teams this weekend no excuses.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
enoughmayer.jpg

Substitute 'Mayer' for u-know who...

Reaction Score
Mac has one speed to his balls. The picks happened because the ball hung and the defender was able to move in front of it. Same story with all 5 of his picks.

Reaction Score
We need a QB who can run and that's Nebrich. He gonna have to use his leg to keep some drives alive. Vandy is just manning up on our WRs and putting 8 or more in the box against our run.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree ... I was frustrated early but they did well. Offense is just giving them no chance .... I can not believe what we are seeing on offense. I am ok with running from here on our with option.
The long pass (over Blidi) right before the TD run also.

Their no huddle killed us (especially on the td run). Once we finally started matching up (instead of running players in and out) we were good on defense. If we can start moving the ball again we'll have a legitmate chance in this game. If not, well.....

Reaction Score
Can we catch a pass out of the backfield??

Nebrich will be in for the second half. Johnny is a statue back there.

O Line has to do better pass blocking.

Reaction Score
Just logged on. Haven't seen the other posts, but it has to be said that it is ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC that UConn (cough, cough, Randy Edsall) recruited only one decent Quarterback in his tenure at UConn. Same can be said for Wide Receivers.

Reaction Score
Which part of learning the offense was having complete anarchy on the field and allowing a 40 yard TD run because they couldn't even figure out which 11 guys should be on the field?

How does a defensive play have anything to do with my comment about the offense?

My comments earlier were directed at the people saying we suck, we're going to be 1-11 an basketball season is right around the corner.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just logged on. Haven't seen the other posts, but it has to be said that it is ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC that UConn (cough, cough, Randy Edsall) recruited only one decent Quarterback in his tenure at UConn. Same can be said for Wide Receivers.

He just didn't execute.

Reaction Score
The long pass (over Blidi) right before the TD run also.

Their no huddle killed us (especially on the td run). Once we finally started matching up (instead of running players in and out) we were good on defense. If we can start moving the ball again we'll have a legitmate chance in this game. If not, well.....

It appeared that our coaching staff was slow to react to the no huddle. Not sure we were prepared for it, though I heard what he said at halftime..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom