UCONN vs. UCLA Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. UCLA Badass Award

Reaction Score
+++1
The biggest step I saw her today was she wanted the ball in her hand, she wanted to bring the ball up and break the press. Now, that's something we haven't seen until today.
Don't forget her again--stabber shooting--not 24 points but --perfect scoring when needed to break their back.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I've said, in these last few games, they need one of (Nurse, Chong, Dangerfield) to come up big in each game. Today it was Saniya. 16 points on six shots!

She's also been big on the boards the whole tournament. She not only 5 or 6 boards today, but also drew at least two fouls rebounding.

I'm looking for her to pick up where she left off.

Reaction Score
Another vote for Kib: he's too modest to say it, but this is his franchise!
Hey if we are not voting for Uconn WBB players--there are two both on UCLA--Jordan Canada and the 3 point shooter-- They at least were in the game.

Reaction Score
Just by chance I sat in a row with Saniya's folks today. They were calmer than I was (at least on the outside). They should be very proud.

Can't UConn provide better seats for the players' parents? Lou's Dad was also in the same area (high up on the end line just one row in front of these guys)
33521166871_9ef918be62_c.jpg

We Love Geno Uconn students737

Attachments

• We Love Geno Uconn students737.jpg
    We Love Geno Uconn students737.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 37

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just by chance I sat in a row with Saniya's folks today. They were calmer than I was (at least on the outside). They should be very proud.

Can't UConn provide better seats for the players' parents? Lou's Dad was also in the same area (high up on the end line just one row in front of these guys)
33521166871_9ef918be62_c.jpg

We Love Geno Uconn students737
UConn didn't control the tickets, the NCAA did.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't control the tickets, the NCAA did.
Sometimes it's tons of fun to sit with the rabid fans! I was able to sit in the student section several years ago(my niece snuck me in).....strike that....we never sat....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Watched Saniya warming up and she was making everything. UCLA was leaving her unguarded and doubling Lou or Pheesa in the post and Saniya burned them from 3. Also great job breaking the press.

Pick your poison!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa and Gabby. Napheesa had 27 points +14 rebounds = double-double.
Gabby had 17 points + 9 rebounds + 5 assists = Gabulous game.

Honable Mention goes to Saniya.
Saniya added 16 points and she had some assists as well. I really love that Saniya made UCLA pay for not guarding her, more than once. She also called for the ball.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I've said, in these last few games, they need one of (Nurse, Chong, Dangerfield) to come up big in each game. Today it was Saniya. 16 points on six shots!

She's also been big on the boards the whole tournament. She not only 5 or 6 boards today, but also drew at least two fouls rebounding.

I'm looking for her to pick up where she left off.

If Saniya keeps playing like she did today, this tournament is over. Nobody will beat this team.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa and Gabby. Napheesa had 27 points +14 rebounds = double-double.
Gabby had 17 points + 9 rebounds + 5 assists = Gabulous game.

Honable Mention goes to Saniya.
Saniya added 16 points and she had some assists as well. I really love that Saniya made UCLA pay for not guarding her, more than once. She also called for the ball.
It's not just about points. Saniya was a rock for the team yesterday when things weren't going right. She broke the press repeatedly, got some key - and I do mean key - rebounds, and was able to penetrate and dish with regularity. Usually Napheesa is the lynchpin in the smooth running of the offense, and Napheesa was indeed fabulous, but Saniya kept things running smoothly yesterday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom