UConn vs. Tulane Game Thread and Ceremonies | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Tulane Game Thread and Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need Tuck and Nurse to find their games before the tourney starts.

No we don't. We need them to play well enough in big games. Swin Cash struggled mightily I think last in her sr year - I think in the tourney. She got a little bit better when we blew out Tennessee then was a beast vs Oklahoma. But I think she was struggling quite a bit for a short time. It's okay to struggle in the non-big games a bit. There should be no over-confidence.

I do agree - other teams - I would expect them to leave Nurse wide open. But as a counter we can go MJ/KLS/BS/GW/MT. Though as Geno says - you can play well doing other things. And even if it 5/4 defense BS can get off a shot anytime and KLS is looking like she can too. It's not like UCON needs to worry every game. At least through the S16 we are okay if Kia misses a lot and overall we don't play "that" well.

Last edited:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I get that nice warm-blanket feeling when Natalie shoots free throws. Swish!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She had a couple of turnovers that a junior should have been able to avoid. I really, really want her to be a key player so I hope the extra playing time pays off but as of today, well, she's not there yet.
She is a sophomore and the seniors have turnovers just as bad.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Lots of discussion about Tuck, has anyone else noticed that Mo has lost her outside shot?
I have. Even her shot in the lane is coming up short.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
We need Tuck and Nurse to find their games before the tourney starts.
I agree. Katy Lou may not keep up her hot shooting under the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. We need those two to score more. The concern with Morgan is not that she is double teamed but, she is missing shots underneath and close in when she has gotten free from the defense.

Reaction Score
I agree. Katy Lou may not keep up her hot shooting under the pressure of the NCAA Tournament. We need those two to score more. The concern with Morgan is not that she is double teamed but, she is missing shots underneath and close in when she has gotten free from the defense.
Lou doesn't seem phased by the competition. I feel that she plays the same way whether the opponent is South Carolina or Tulane. She's starting to play with a lot of confidence and as was said during today's game is just beginning to scratch the surface of her abilities. Next year might be a bit of a rebuilding year (you know you're spoiled when next year could be considered a rebuilding year), but if Dangerfield develops the way she should under the best coaching staff in America, I think 2017-18 and 2018-19 with Dangerfield, KLS, and Collier could look a lot like what we've seen these past couple of dominating years with Mo, Stewie, and Tuck.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
yup it gets much worse in the NCAA than say in the USA finals for a gold medal - where she seems to have ice water flowing, but the NCAA will melt her like a scoop of ice cream on a summer time pavement.
:eek::)

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
yup it gets much worse in the NCAA than say in the USA finals for a gold medal - where she seems to have ice water flowing, but the NCAA will melt her like a scoop of ice cream on a summer time pavement.
:eek::)
There is a BIG difference between the two. Nurse excelled in international competition but was not so sharp in the NCAA's last season as a freshman.

Reaction Score
She had a couple of turnovers that a junior should have been able to avoid. I really, really want her to be a key player so I hope the extra playing time pays off but as of today, well, she's not there yet.
Isn't Ekmark a sophomore. I believe she WILL be a junior next year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There is a BIG difference between the two. Nurse excelled in international competition but was not so sharp in the NCAA's last season as a freshman.
If you are going to use Nurse as you template, then remember that this summer was after her first NCAA tournament and it was her coming out party for the Canadian National team - check her stats from their previous competitions - nothing special. So maybe it was the NCAAs (and a freshman year under Geno) that made the difference. Katie Lou has already done the star thing in international competition, and is figuring out this college thing on the fly. I suspect she will do OK.

Reaction Score
It was great to be there! Lots of sniffling going on during the pregame senior ceremonies. Surprised Stewie held it together as much as she did. Don't know if it shows on the video, but Mo's father planted a kiss on top of her head just before walking out. (Crowd went Awwww) I am always surprised at an event like this that there are paid-for seats that are empty - mostly season ticketholders, I believe. I did down-front a bit and got a better view, so it worked for me.
Loved the little speeches at the end. Pulido was so nervous! Mo put a reassuring hand on her arm and then told her to "breathe!" And that shout out and hug for Shea!
I couldn't believe watching the early part of the first quarter that UConn was shooting 0%. And their defense didn't look right either. But this is UConn and the crowd around me was unhappy but remained confident, as well they should be!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It was great to be there! Lots of sniffling going on during the pregame senior ceremonies. Surprised Stewie held it together as much as she did. Don't know if it shows on the video, but Mo's father planted a kiss on top of her head just before walking out. (Crowd went Awwww) I am always surprised at an event like this that there are paid-for seats that are empty - mostly season ticketholders, I believe. I did down-front a bit and got a better view, so it worked for me.
Loved the little speeches at the end. Pulido was so nervous! Mo put a reassuring hand on her arm and then told her to "breathe!" And that shout out and hug for Shea!
I couldn't believe watching the early part of the first quarter that UConn was shooting 0%. And their defense didn't look right either. But this is UConn and the crowd around me was unhappy but remained confident, as well they should be!
the KISS was shown on TV

Reaction Score
Didn't see the game but GREAT that Pulido got a start. Can someone answer why Chong seemed to be the last one in and played very minimal minutes. Is she hurt again or just perpetually in the DOG house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom