UConn vs. Tulane Game Thread and Ceremonies | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Tulane Game Thread and Ceremonies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ha ha ha - Natalie with a block and breakaway. She missed the layup but got fouled.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would just like to point out that the starters lost the first quarter 13-8 while the reserves "won" the 4th quarter 21-16... And this is against a very solid Tulane team.

I have no idea if Tulane had their starters in during most of the 4th quarter, but I think it says something about our "reserves" against good competition.

I recall recently a comment Geno made about the reserves - something like "you don't want to come in and barely maintain the lead. You want to come in and make a difference and increase the lead". #lessonlearned...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Morgan talking about UConn in the past tense... :-(

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Moriah wanted to hug Shea in front of everybody. They obviously have a special bond.

Reaction Score
I would just like to point out that the starters lost the first quarter 13-8 while the reserves "won" the 4th quarter 21-16... And this is against a very solid Tulane team.

I have no idea if Tulane had their starters in during most of the 4th quarter, but I think it says something about our "reserves" against good competition.

I recall recently a comment Geno made about the reserves - something like "you don't want to come in and barely maintain the lead. You want to come in and make a difference and increase the lead". #lessonlearned...

Yes, and two fine threes from Eckmark. Don't count her out for next year. I predict big improvement, and important minutes next year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, and two fine threes from Eckmark. Don't count her out for next year. I predict big improvement, and important minutes next year.
She had a couple of turnovers that a junior should have been able to avoid. I really, really want her to be a key player so I hope the extra playing time pays off but as of today, well, she's not there yet.

Reaction Score

I agree and I think she will be grow into a leadership position.

Reaction Score
She had a couple of turnovers that a junior should have been able to avoid. I really, really want her to be a key player so I hope the extra playing time pays off but as of today, well, she's not there yet.

Isn't she a sophomore?

Yes I checked a soph. Whew! I'm already in shock that this senior class four years has gone by already.

Reaction Score
Sonny44, thank you for the information. Looks like Katie Lou is going to be stuck on 21 as her season high. Go LouConn!

Reaction Score
CD pretty emotional in the post-game press conference talking about her parents

Reaction Score
Geno said the last play of the half was designed for KLS to shoot a 3, but not from where she shot it. Probably designed from the corner but they couldn't get her the ball. KLS kept moving to find the opens spot at the top of the key and they got her the ball. KLS doesn't do that 10 games ago. She's really learned to react what's happening on the court and respond accordingly

Yes -- it was awesome she kept moving. Awesome. Plus she is ton more confident. But also three other things though unrelated--

1-- They were looking for her. Thy specifically wanted HER to get the ball.

2-- When she took the three - there were two defenders close to her. But she was still able ot get off her quick shot. Her size and quick release are such big assets.

3-- Then she is such a good passer - the more you "press" tight on her- if it is one defender she had better be "Scottie Pippen." Over time the defense will start to be so focused on her pass ro no pass- she will be such a huge threat even when she doesn't get the ball. For example you set her a pick, two defenders go out to guard Steph Curry (KLS:):):)) it opens up a cutter that set the pick. I couldn't be more thrilled how good KLS is. :):):)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

SO happy for Chris. She is so deserving and despite the funny back and forth between her and Geno SO humble. My wife and I have Had the honor to meet her a few times. Just a super nice Lady in every sense of the word!

Reaction Score
I would really like to see us set KLS up the second half. Let her really go off on these guys. Let her get 30. She's had great quarters and great halves and then she doesn't shoot again for a quarter. For her confidence for the tournament, give her a chance at a huge game. We'll be better for it. If she misses, so what? We're going to win this game regardless.

There is no reason to change your offense. Play normally. Don't let a much weaker team dictate to you how you want to play. Just because they can't stop KLS - doesn't mean we should change our style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom