UCONN vs Texas A&M ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Texas A&M ?

Reaction Score
Having to face A&M in the national semis would be every UConn fan's dream come true.

Alas, there is zero chance of that happening.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has to get by Texas A&M and Oregon. That's a tall order. I think either of those teams could possible beat the Irish. ND is going to have their hands full this weekend, and being short handed, no one can get hurt or in early foul trouble. I think ND will beat TA&M, I not so sure about Oregon. They are a deeper and more mature team. I know ND travels well, but so does Oregon. Spokane Washington is a lot closer to Eugene Oregon than it is to South Bend Indiana. It's only a 460 mile, 7 hour drive from Eugene, a very do-able feat for Duck fans. I anticipate the Duck fans to be in the majority for that game. :cool:

My final four - Looking at the 8 games on tap this week end, Notre Dame and Louisville are the two #1 seeds I think may lose. I think:
#1 UConn can handle Duke and South Carolina and advance.
#1 Miss St will beat NC State and Texas and advance.
#1 Louisville must play Stanford and Baylor to advance. I don't see them winning both of these games. I think Baylor moves on here.
#1 Notre Dame/Oregon = too close to call. I can see either team winning this one. In order for ND to win, it will have to be a perfect storm, i.e, no injuries, no early foul trouble for any of the starters. Ogunbowale and Shepard will have to carry the team, and will need to have an exceptional game Monday, but must get by TA&M first. If the Ducks come ready to play, they can put up a lot of points early putting ND in a hole, and making them play from behind. If I'm a betting man, I keep my money in my pocket on this one. :confused:
I have Oregon fairly easily over this current injury depleted ND team. I actually see Vic in a dogfight against Texas. That game looks more like a pickem' to me. I also see SCar possibly losing in the next round. If they win it will not be by much. Okay, I take that back. They beat the Buffs by 8.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are you serious? SC isn't going to 'get by' Buffalo. They're going to destroy Buffalo.

There's no reason to think that. Buffalo is playing MUCH better basketball than the NC A&T and Virginia teams that South Carolina beat by 11 and 10 points respectively. South Carolina is going to need to up their level of play if they want to advance.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have Oregon fairly easily over this current injury depleted ND team. I actually see Vic in a dogfight against Texas. That game looks more like a pickem' to me. I also see SCar possibly losing in the next round. If they win it will not be by much. Okay, I take that back. They beat the Buffs by 8.

I'm sure no one connected with UConn women's basketball would have a problem playing Buffalo for the regional championship. It would also be quite a let down for Gamecock fans. :(

Reaction Score
There's no reason to think that. Buffalo is playing MUCH better basketball than the NC A&T and Virginia teams that South Carolina beat by 11 and 10 points respectively. South Carolina is going to need to up their level of play if they want to advance.
NWIH Buffalo beats SC. I mean, REALLY??

Well, that's just my opinion - guess we'll find out Saturday...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
NWIH Buffalo beats SC. I mean, REALLY??

Well, that's just my opinion - guess we'll find out Saturday...

SC should win. But they have played lackluster in the Tourney so far, are you in agreement? And there is no way that anybody predicted Buffalo was going to beat USF by 23 and Florida St. by 21, and that's exactly what they just did. I think they at least have a chance.

Reaction Score
SC should win. But they have played lackluster in the Tourney so far, are you in agreement? And there is no way that anybody predicted Buffalo was going to beat USF by 23 and Florida St. by 21, and that's exactly what they just did. I think they at least have a chance.
No chance

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Buffalo is this year's "dark horse". As dark horses go, you never see them coming until it's too late. Like all dark horses, Buffalo is playing with house money. No one figured on them getting this far, thus they have nothing to lose, and can play with reckless abandon. Let's see how far they go. It sure would chap South Carolina's lips if they send them home early. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom