UCONN vs Texas A&M ? | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Texas A&M ?

Reaction Score
Possible Final Four matchup?

Ariel Howard is a "Dennis Rodman"-like forward and Chennedy Kennedy is like nothing we have seen in women's basketball (only a soph- "Jordan"-like).

could be trouble for UCONN...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
TAMU men's team has a good chance of making the final four..... cant see the women's team doing it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Texas A&M needs to get past Notre Dame and then possibly Oregon first. They are a LONG way from meeting UConn in the Final 4.

edited--Oregon has already thumped them twice this year, once on a neutral court and once @ Texas A&M

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Ariel Howard is a "Dennis Rodman"-like forward and Chennedy Kennedy is like nothing we have seen in women's basketball (only a soph- "Jordan"-like).

I think advancing Texas A&M (who had to make a furious comeback v. DePaul) to the Final Four over ND and Oregon might be a little premature.

How is Chennedy Carter like nothing we've seen in women's basketball? We haven't seen point guards who shoot a ton? She's another Kelsey Mitchell. Kelsey Mitchell is a great player but she's never made a final four.

Reaction Score

Uconn could only be so lucky to play Texas A&M...............they're a perfectly nice team with one great offensive player..............you stop or even slow down Chennedy and they have no shot............come to think of it, even if she scores 30 they have no shot..............

Reaction Score

Dennis Rodman like in that she can really rebound but can't really shoot..........

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
No contest! UConn would sweep them by a large margin. 1 girl doesn't make a Final Four team. TA&M will not get passed ND. Carter is a great player, however young and indecisive, but the rest of the team is average.

Reaction Score
They needed a huge comeback to beat a DePaul team UConn defeated by almost 40 in their shiny new arena.

Obviously anything can happen in the tournament but I think that would be the best FF matchup imaginable.

Reaction Score
I think advancing Texas A&M (who had to make a furious comeback v. DePaul) to the Final Four over ND and Oregon might be a little premature.

How is Chennedy Carter like nothing we've seen in women's basketball? We haven't seen point guards who shoot a ton? She's another Kelsey Mitchell. Kelsey Mitchell is a great player but she's never made a final four.

Billy the Kid vs. two Wyatt Earps ( Mabrey and Ogunbowale)
No contest

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Anriel Howard, will need to be more than a "Dennis Rodman"-like forward for TAMU to beat ND.

And Chennedy Carter is a freshmen. She can be really good or she can be a detriment to her team, has her freshmen moments. Many times she shoots when her post, Hillsman, has battle for position down low and is ready for a pass. She do all she could during the second half of the DePaul game but in games TAMU loses she averages about 28 FGA and about 10 FGM. (In their loss to SC she was 15/37) She's an exciting player but she'll need to trust her teammates more in the big games, if they want to win.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
How well does Chennedy Carter play defense? I haven't watched nearly enough A&M games to have any idea, but if she is like most freshmen, she may very well give up more points on the defensive end than she scores at the offensive end.

If it does happen, I can imagine a UConn game plan that focuses on attacking her defense when UConn has the ball. Would Crystal or Kia get a boatload of layups when that is done?

Reaction Score
She's too hot and cold for me but she's a freshman. And to the point, very much like Mitchell, Ogunbowale, etc. One minute they're lighting it up the next they're 4 for 17.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Anriel Howard, will need to be more than a "Dennis Rodman"-like forward for TAMU to beat ND.

And Chennedy Carter is a freshmen. She can be really good or she can be a detriment to her team, has her freshmen moments. Many times she shoots when her post, Hillsman, has battle for position down low and is ready for a pass. She do all she could during the second half of the DePaul game but in games TAMU loses she averages about 28 FGA and about 10 FGM. (In their loss to SC she was 15/37) She's an exciting player but she'll need to trust her teammates more in the big games, if they want to win.

She would have to be Dennis Rodman.

I think Buffalo has a better chance of beating UConn than A&M would.

Reaction Score
Seriously I have seen more posts lately with the words "could be trouble for UCONN"

Anyone on any given day could be trouble for anyone. UCONN is not a one-person team. Opponents have to focus on multiple players. Geez...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Uconn could only be so lucky to play Texas A&M.....they're a perfectly nice team with one great offensive player....you stop or even slow down Chennedy and they have no shot..come to think of it, even if she scores 30 they have no shot....

That's right!!! Kia would shut her down. Kia has a habit of doing that ya know. Just ask Kelsey Mitchell (8 pts), Kitija Laksa, Asia Durr, Tiffany Mitchell, or some of the other high scoring guards she's thrown a blanket over during her career. Carter is good, but she's never been guarded like Kia would guard her. Kia's record (history) speaks for itself. Kia has been shutting down high scoring players for 4 years. Carter is a freshman, and is not going to show or do anything she hasn't seen before. If I'm Carter, the last person I want guarding me is Kia Nurse. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

A little premature? As an ND fan I admire your restraint.

It's really simple. They ain't makin' it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A little premature? As an ND fan I admire your restraint.

It's really simple. They ain't makin' it.

Notre Dame has to get by Texas A&M and Oregon. That's a tall order. I think either of those teams could possible beat the Irish. ND is going to have their hands full this weekend, and being short handed, no one can get hurt or in early foul trouble. I think ND will beat TA&M, I not so sure about Oregon. They are a deeper and more mature team. I know ND travels well, but so does Oregon. Spokane Washington is a lot closer to Eugene Oregon than it is to South Bend Indiana. It's only a 460 mile, 7 hour drive from Eugene, a very do-able road trip for Duck fans. I anticipate the Duck fans to be in the majority for that game. :cool:

My final four - Looking at the 8 games on tap this week end, Notre Dame and Louisville are the two #1 seeds I think may lose. I think:
#1 UConn can handle Duke and South Carolina and advance.
#1 Miss St will beat NC State and Texas and advance.
#1 Louisville must play Stanford and Baylor to advance. I don't see them winning both of these games. I think Baylor moves on here.
#1 Notre Dame/Oregon = too close to call. I can see either team winning this one. In order for ND to win, it will have to be a perfect storm, i.e, no injuries, no early foul trouble for any of the starters. Ogunbowale and Shepard will have to carry the team, and will need to have an exceptional game Monday, but must get by TA&M first. If the Ducks come ready to play, they can put up a lot of points early putting ND in a hole, and making them play from behind. If I'm a betting man, I keep my money in my pocket on this one. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
From what I’ve seen, A&M’s only chance of success lies with Carter.

You nullify Carter with Kia.

Then advance.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has to get by Texas A&M and Oregon. That's a tall order. I think either of those teams could possible beat the Irish. ND is going to have their hands full this weekend, and being short handed, no one can get hurt or in early foul trouble. I think ND will beat TA&M, I not so sure about Oregon. They are a deeper and more mature team. I know ND travels well, but so does Oregon. Spokane Washington is a lot closer to Eugene Oregon than it is to South Bend Indiana. It's only a 460 mile, 7 hour drive from Eugene, a very do-able feat for Duck fans. I anticipate the Duck fans to be in the majority for that game. :cool:

My final four - Looking at the 8 games on tap this week end, Notre Dame and Louisville are the two #1 seeds I think may lose. I think:
UConn can handle Duke and South Carolina and advance.
Miss St will beat NC State and Texas and advance.
Louisville must play Stanford and Baylor to advance. I don't see them winning both of these games. I think Baylor moves on here.
Oregon/Notre Dame = too close to call. If I'm a betting man, I keep my money in my pocket on this one. :confused:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised should Oregon take out ND. They are playing at a high level and I’m not sure anyone for ND can counter Ionescu.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom