UConn vs Syracuse Game Thread- SQUEEZE THE ORANGE! | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Syracuse Game Thread- SQUEEZE THE ORANGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Summers was God awful. I sit in the front row behind where the defense sits and you could tell he was not into the game at all. At one point Diaco asked him if he still wanted to play.

Reaction Score
4 games in and I read in some article Summers could be gone after this year. Jamar Summers (despite 2 INT's this year) seemed to get beat quite a bit today, including the big gainer back breaker on the Cuse winning touchdown drive. Forgive me if I am wrong here, but I believe it was Summers on Etta-Tawo.
Summers got abused more than any cornerback I've ever seen and like the stubborn idiot we know Diaco to be, he never made a change to help him.

Reaction Score
The guy set a school record with 270 yards receiving. Obviously whatever the original game plan they were trying wasn't working.

Reaction Score
The guy set a school record with 270 yards receiving. Obviously whatever the original game plan they were trying wasn't working.
Beyond setting a school record against this defense, in just about every game they spot the opponent 2 scores before "figuring it out". To me that saves nothing about doing your homework and preparing for your opponent. I wasn't able to tune in today due to work until 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter. When the opposition cuts you up effortlessly for two scores in minutes in the first quarter, you havent game planned to stop them. That's almost read and react. Or Lets see what they do and then react. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
We need to stop thinking we are a P5 team...I doubt that we are good enough for the NEC

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Something to chew on:

If the situation was reversed and we were P5 and Syracuse was G5, we would have beaten them by a lot more than 7.

We can be proud that we were extremely competitive with them (we could have won the game) despite all of the advantages they enjoy.

Reaction Score
Something to chew on:

If the situation was reversed and we were P5 and Syracuse was G5, we would have beaten them by a lot more than 7.

We can be proud that we were extremely competitive with them (we could have won the game) despite all of the advantages they enjoy.
images

Reaction Score
Something to chew on:

Dude, USF just abused Cuse last week. Last I checked USF is in the same conference as us.

We need to stop making excuses. Cuse sucks P5 or not.

Also, Diaco could be coaching ND and they would suck.

Reaction Score

ND does suck - with or without BD. And still the ACC let's them get away with being a partial conference member for football and then full time for every other sport.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Dude, USF just abused Cuse last week. Last I checked USF is in the same conference as us.

We need to stop making excuses. Cuse sucks P5 or not.

I'm trying to find some reason for yesterday beyond "the coaching sucks".

You're right. Any P5 advantage Syracuse has is minimal. And our coaches are in year three while their staff is in week four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom