UConn vs Syracuse Analysis | The Boneyard

UConn vs Syracuse Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Overview – I usually only do this for the "competitive" games. But with Syracuse at 13-1 and in the top 25 now (coaches poll at 23) I thought I would have fun with this one.

SU and UConn have had some interesting games in the past 6 years with Quentin Hillsman at the helm. He won the BE coach of the year in 2007-8 and has done a good job at SU. He is a show in himself with his sideline contortions and antics. His facial expressions are something to watch.

While the games have been interesting (tripping game video), for the most part, they haven't been very competitive, even with their best teams.

2006-7 Uconn 76 SU 45
2007-8 Uconn 65 SU 59
2008-9 Uconn 107 SU 53
2009-10 Uconn 87 SU 66
2010-11 Uconn 87 SU 42
2011-12 Uconn 95 SU 54

Will this year be like every other year? or will be be like 2007-8?

UConn comes into this game still trying to find it's "A" game since the Stanford win. There have been pieces of great play, but within those games, there have been periods of sloppiness and uninspired play. Much of this can be attributed to the many injuries that have hampered UConn in finding consistency. Looks like everyone will be healthy, so maybe the SU game will propel them into the battle with Duke on Monday.

On to the match-ups. It's tough to know exactly how to match them up. SU starts what they list as 4 guards and a center, just like UConn. That is where the similarities end.

PG – Doty 5’10” SR (4.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.4 apg) vs Fondron 5'8" FR (2.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.9pg)

Fondron has a nice A/TO ratio for a freshman. Had one of her best games against DePaul. Doty is not shooting well. But she is still one of the leaders on this team and her pesky defense has been fun to watch. She sets the tone with her toughness.

Advantage UConn

SG – Hartley 5’9” JR (9.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg) vs Sykes 5'9" FR (8.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.2 apg)

Another freshman in the back court for SU. Ranked 30th by ESPN. She was a McD's AA. An excellent rebounder for a guard. She is an excellent athlete and quick handed defender with 30 steals. Hartley looked as quick as she has all year with several drives to the hoop against Louisville. Still struggling with her 3 point shot she looked better in the 2nd half going 2-4. I'm very hopeful that this will be a game where she returns to form from last year.

Advantage UConn

SF – Faris 5’11” SR (10.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.6 apg) vs Butler 5'11" FR (2.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg)

3rd freshman in the starting lineup for SU. Ranked 13th by ESPN. A very well decorated HS play, Butler was a McD's and Parade AA. She shoots a lot of 3's (as many as KML) but hits only 30%. If she does match up with Faris, she might not even hit 20%. Faris has been sloppy lately, trying to hard to make the tough pass. I'm sure this "mini-slump" will end soon. Good chance that will happen on Saturday.

Advantage UConn

PF – KML SO 6’ (16.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.3 apg) vs Hall 5'11" SR (10.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.8 apg)

Hall is a strong guard that will battle hard when KML posts. But she turns the ball over a lot and doesn't shoot well. Not a good combination. It will give KML the rest on defense to explode on offense. She looked a little off against UL. Will she bounce back? More than likely.

Advantage UConn

C – Dolson 6’5” (13.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.4 apg) vs Alexander 6'4" SR (19.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, .25 apg)

Alexander is a pre-season big east pick and has been playing like it. A great shot blocker, she is by far the best player on this team and if she can play big and give Dolson a hard time the game might be more interesting. Dolson, though, is surrounded by better players and based on her 55 assists vs 4 for Alexander, knows how to use her teammates. Both very good, but Dolson is better.

Advantage UConn

Bench – Uconn - Stewart 6’4" FR ( 14.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, .9 apg), Tuck FR 6’2” (6.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.5 apg), Banks SO 5’9” (8.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.0 apg), Jefferson FR 5'7" (4.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.8 apg), Stokes SO 6'3" (2.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, .6 apg) vs Tyson-Thomas 5'9" SR (10.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.0 apg), Coffey 5'7" JR (6.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5 apg), Roberts 5'11" FR (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, .3 apg)

Total stats off the bench – Uconn – 35.6, 18.5, 6.7. SU - 21.3, 10.3, 7.3.

While some have said (only a few) that UConn's bench could be a top 10 team, I really believe that this bench would beat this SU team. So, they certainly are better than the SU bench. It's not even close.

Advantage UConn

Geno Auriemma vs Quentin Hillsman

Geno is Geno and he has the advantage over everyone. He especially likes to torture Hillsman. I don't know if they have buried the hatchet but last years margin (55 point second half) tells me no. Geno will enjoy beating Hillsman's team like a drum.

Advantage UConn

Intangibles – There are none. It's all about the talent gap in both players and coaches.

Advantage UConn
Team Stats UConn listed first

PPG 83.8 78.7
RPG 42 46.2
APG 21.6 17.4
TO/G 14.0 17.4
OPPF 46.6 55.2
FG % 49.8 42.1
OFG% 32.0 34.0
3pt % 37.2 30.0
SOS per Realtime RPI UConn 4 Syracuse 164

Final analysis – I think the numbers and the history speak for themselves. UConn is due to put a full 40 minute game together and SU has been a punching bag for a while now. SU doesn't shoot particularly well and that is how they have done against a terrible schedule. They are also young with 3 freshman starters and only have one player in the rotation over 5'11". I don't think this will be pretty.

Final prediction – UConn big. 20+ is being nice. And you know how I like to be nice.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Big thing is that it isn't in the Carrion Dome which screws with everyone's shooting.

Reaction Score
Well done as usual DD, much obliged. It is hard to envision a close game here.

While I might rate Dolson and Alexander 'even' or slight advantage to Alexander, I don't think Alexandrr will get easy touches because uconn should be able to disrupt SU's 3 FR perimeter players, preventing easy passes and set plays. One variable here might be O rebounding though. If Alexander out manuevers Dolson and gets put backs and " and1s" there could be moments of anxiety for the home girls.

I imagine Q is coaching Alexander up this week, plotting, scheming, cajoling, looking to do us harm.

Wariness is called for, and so is a good shooting percentage, especially early on.

I have one final thought, looking down the road a bit.

'Cuse might have a fighting chance against ND if Alexander can put together a monster game against them. Perhaps Geno should go easy on Q this time, helping Cuse maintain its confidence and allowing them to keep a little pride and swagger.

Could help later on.

Just sayin' :-0

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Overview – I usually only do this for the "competitive" games. But with Syracuse at 13-1 and in the top 25 now (coaches poll at 23) I thought I would have fun with this one.

SU and UConn have had some interesting games in the past 6 years with Quentin Hillsman at the helm. He won the BE coach of the year in 2007-8 and has done a good job at SU. He is a show in himself with his sideline contortions and antics. His facial expressions are something to watch.

While the games have been interesting (tripping game video), for the most part, they haven't been very competitive, even with their best teams.

2006-7 Uconn 76 SU 45
2007-8 Uconn 65 SU 59
2008-9 Uconn 107 SU 53
2009-10 Uconn 87 SU 66
2010-11 Uconn 87 SU 42
2011-12 Uconn 95 SU 54

Will this year be like every other year? or will be be like 2007-8?

UConn comes into this game still trying to find it's "A" game since the Stanford win. There have been pieces of great play, but within those games, there have been periods of sloppiness and uninspired play. Much of this can be attributed to the many injuries that have hampered UConn in finding consistency. Looks like everyone will be healthy, so maybe the SU game will propel them into the battle with Duke on Monday.

On to the match-ups. It's tough to know exactly how to match them up. SU starts what they list as 4 guards and a center, just like UConn. That is where the similarities end.

PG – Doty 5’10” SR (4.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.4 apg) vs Fondron 5'8" FR (2.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.9pg)

Fondron has a nice A/TO ratio for a freshman. Had one of her best games against DePaul. Doty is not shooting well. But she is still one of the leaders on this team and her pesky defense has been fun to watch. She sets the tone with her toughness.

Advantage UConn

SG – Hartley 5’9” JR (9.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.0 apg) vs Sykes 5'9" FR (8.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.2 apg)

Another freshman in the back court for SU. Ranked 30th by ESPN. She was a McD's AA. An excellent rebounder for a guard. She is an excellent athlete and quick handed defender with 30 steals. Hartley looked as quick as she has all year with several drives to the hoop against Louisville. Still struggling with her 3 point shot she looked better in the 2nd half going 2-4. I'm very hopeful that this will be a game where she returns to form from last year.

Advantage UConn

SF – Faris 5’11” SR (10.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.6 apg) vs Butler 5'11" FR (2.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.5 apg)

3rd freshman in the starting lineup for SU. Ranked 13th by ESPN. A very well decorated HS play, Butler was a McD's and Parade AA. She shoots a lot of 3's (as many as KML) but hits only 30%. If she does match up with Faris, she might not even hit 20%. Faris has been sloppy lately, trying to hard to make the tough pass. I'm sure this "mini-slump" will end soon. Good chance that will happen on Saturday.

Advantage UConn

PF – KML SO 6’ (16.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.3 apg) vs Hall 5'11" SR (10.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.8 apg)

Hall is a strong guard that will battle hard when KML posts. But she turns the ball over a lot and doesn't shoot well. Not a good combination. It will give KML the rest on defense to explode on offense. She looked a little off against UL. Will she bounce back? More than likely.

Advantage UConn

C – Dolson 6’5” (13.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.4 apg) vs Alexander 6'4" SR (19.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, .25 apg)

Alexander is a pre-season big east pick and has been playing like it. A great shot blocker, she is by far the best player on this team and if she can play big and give Dolson a hard time the game might be more interesting. Dolson, though, is surrounded by better players and based on her 55 assists vs 4 for Alexander, knows how to use her teammates. Both very good, but Dolson is better.

Advantage UConn

Bench – Uconn - Stewart 6’4" FR ( 14.6 ppg, 7.3 rpg, .9 apg), Tuck FR 6’2” (6.2 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.5 apg), Banks SO 5’9” (8.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.0 apg), Jefferson FR 5'7" (4.1 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.8 apg), Stokes SO 6'3" (2.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, .6 apg) vs Tyson-Thomas 5'9" SR (10.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.0 apg), Coffey 5'7" JR (6.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 5 apg), Roberts 5'11" FR (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, .3 apg)

Total stats off the bench – Uconn – 35.6, 18.5, 6.7. SU - 21.3, 10.3, 7.3.

While some have said (only a few) that UConn's bench could be a top 10 team, I really believe that this bench would beat this SU team. So, they certainly are better than the SU bench. It's not even close.

Advantage UConn

Geno Auriemma vs Quentin Hillsman

Geno is Geno and he has the advantage over everyone. He especially likes to torture Hillsman. I don't know if they have buried the hatchet but last years margin (55 point second half) tells me no. Geno will enjoy beating Hillsman's team like a drum.

Advantage UConn

Intangibles – There are none. It's all about the talent gap in both players and coaches.

Advantage UConn
Team Stats UConn listed first

PPG 83.8 78.7
RPG 42 46.2
APG 21.6 17.4
TO/G 14.0 17.4
OPPF 46.6 55.2
FG % 49.8 42.1
OFG% 32.0 34.0
3pt % 37.2 30.0
SOS per Realtime RPI UConn 4 Syracuse 164

Final analysis – I think the numbers and the history speak for themselves. UConn is due to put a full 40 minute game together and SU has been a punching bag for a while now. SU doesn't shoot particularly well and that is how they have done against a terrible schedule. They are also young with 3 freshman starters and only have one player in the rotation over 5'11". I don't think this will be pretty.

Final prediction – UConn big. 20+ is being nice. And you know how I like to be nice.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I know how hard it is to do stats and I thank you for it. But I think you have messed up somewhere in this analysis. You state Cuse gets 78.7 points and 46.2 bounds, but the players you show, including the bench, get only 63.8 points and 33.3 bounds. Is there an injured player you didn't list? Is the rest of the bench much more productive in very few minutes?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Glad we are not playing at 'Cuse as the injury bug has been known to bite hard there (see Thomas, Mel). Thanks for your excellent analysis, DD! Hope we whomp 'em! Hope to get a chance to say hi to yarders at the XL on Saturday.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Compared stats with your Notre Dame analysis; Notre Dame much closer.
Still, I'm a bit wary.
Their frosh have learned to win. i think that's very important
One or more of their young guards might go off.
They have a very viable Center.
We're playing far less than on all cylinders of late; overly optimistic to think that will change in a flash.
If we can get 3/4 of potential, it puts us in a good position for Duke.
8-10 point win for UConn but a tough game

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Compared stats with your Notre Dame analysis; Notre Dame much closer.
Still, I'm a bit wary.
Their frosh have learned to win. i think that's very important
One or more of their young guards might go off.
They have a very viable Center.
We're playing far less than on all cylinders of late; overly optimistic to think that will change in a flash.
If we can get 3/4 of potential, it puts us in a good position for Duke.
8-10 point win for UConn but a tough game

Not sure what you mean by saying that ND much closer.

We sure are opposites.

You are wary. I am confident.
You worry about their young guards going off, I think our guards will dominate.
You say playing far less than on all cylinders, I say periods of sloppiness and uninspired play.

I don't think you give enough consideration to the SOS of the two teams. All of Syracuse's stats would be much worse of they played UConn's schedule and visa versa.

My 20+ points is low.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I know how hard it is to do stats and I thank you for it. But I think you have messed up somewhere in this analysis. You state Cuse gets 78.7 points and 46.2 bounds, but the players you show, including the bench, get only 63.8 points and 33.3 bounds. Is there an injured player you didn't list? Is the rest of the bench much more productive in very few minutes?
Replying to my own post, I went on the Cuse board and found you had mis- listed Butler and that she had 7.3 points and 2.9 bounds. And missing is Leary with 4.5 points and 3.8 bounds. Stopped there.

Reaction Score
Syracuse's loss to Temple early in the season was not a good loss, but they have recenty beaten Georgetown by 30 and DePaul by 4 on a night when they were "out-statted". In years past, trying to outrun UConn was a fool's errand. This year's Syracuse team may be able to stay as close as they did 5 years ago, albeit the result of a total lackluster performance by UConn in that game.

1. It is good to see Syracuse break into the Top 25 and carry their winning ways a a few games into the Big East schedule. Maybe this year, they can avoid geting passed over by the Selection Committee.
2. I have not seen DePaul, so have no idea what kind of defense they play. Georgetown, though, tries to get after you and it did not affect the Orange too adversely as they only committed 15 turnovers.
3. The Orange backcourt may have the type of speed and quickness that has presented problems for Caroline Doty. Pre game, that matchup is a push that could easily go Syracuse's way given Doty's balky knee.
4. Dolson vs Alexander? Dolson might be a better player looking at an unfavorable matchup. However, UConn's team defense may be able to offset that. As noted, Alexander's assists stats are not impressive; She either does not pass well out of the low post or is not asked to pass. No one faulted Kareem for not passing the ball late in his career.
24 points, 17 rebounds against DePaul cannot be overlooked. This matchup is, likely, a push also.
5. UConn has yet to find their stride. If they do not find it Saturday, the game could be close. A much better team never wants to find itself in a close game. The overmatched opponent is playing loose with nothing to lose and everything to gain. UConn will, likely, attempt the rattle Syracuse's young backcourt early. If successful, this game could be over early. Thing is freshman, these days are challenging the boundaries of conventional wisdom.
6. Psychologically, Syracuse only has to play well against UConn to come out feeling good. It is like running a marathon; Or like Rocky in the first fight(and possibly Stallone's last good movie, but let's not digress:) ).

I will, of course, be rooting for UConn, but sincerely hope Syracuse plays well and goes on to get a NCAA bid.

Reaction Score
Glad we are not playing at 'Cuse as the injury bug has been known to bite hard there (see Thomas, Mel). Thanks for your excellent analysis, DD! Hope we whomp 'em! Hope to get a chance to say hi to yarders at the XL on Saturday.

Injuries can and do happen anywhere at any time. Since the unfortunate Mel Thomas injury, UConn has played twice at the Carrier Dome without incident and I do not recall an injury occurring at the Carrier Dome previously.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Syracuse's loss to Temple early in the season was not a good loss, but they have recenty beaten Georgetown by 30 and DePaul by 4 on a night when they were "out-statted". In years past, trying to outrun UConn was a fool's errand. This year's Syracuse team may be able to stay as close as they did 5 years ago, albeit the result of a total lackluster performance by UConn in that game.

1. It is good to see Syracuse break into the Top 25 and carry their winning ways a a few games into the Big East schedule. Maybe this year, they can avoid geting passed over by the Selection Committee.
2. I have not seen DePaul, so have no idea what kind of defense they play. Georgetown, though, tries to get after you and it did not affect the Orange too adversely as they only committed 15 turnovers.
3. The Orange backcourt may have the type of speed and quickness that has presented problems for Caroline Doty. Pre game, that matchup is a push that could easily go Syracuse's way given Doty's balky knee.
4. Dolson vs Alexander? Dolson might be a better player looking at an unfavorable matchup. However, UConn's team defense may be able to offset that. As noted, Alexander's assists stats are not impressive; She either does not pass well out of the low post or is not asked to pass. No one faulted Kareem for not passing the ball late in his career.
24 points, 17 rebounds against DePaul cannot be overlooked. This matchup is, likely, a push also.
5. UConn has yet to find their stride. If they do not find it Saturday, the game could be close. A much better team never wants to find itself in a close game. The overmatched opponent is playing loose with nothing to lose and everything to gain. UConn will, likely, attempt the rattle Syracuse's young backcourt early. If successful, this game could be over early. Thing is freshman, these days are challenging the boundaries of conventional wisdom.
6. Psychologically, Syracuse only has to play well against UConn to come out feeling good. It is like running a marathon; Or like Rocky in the first fight(and possibly Stallone's last good movie, but let's not digress:) ).

I will, of course, be rooting for UConn, but sincerely hope Syracuse plays well and goes on to get a NCAA bid.
One stat DD did not give was foul shooting. Cuse is 260-354 while the Huskies are 170-230. But at least this year's Cuse team does not include Hemingway who was a magnet for drawing fouls while driving to the basket.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Replying to my own post, I went on the Cuse board and found you had mis- listed Butler and that she had 7.3 points and 2.9 bounds. And missing is Leary with 4.5 points and 3.8 bounds. Stopped there.

I cut and pasted another players and forgot to update it for Butler.

And I only listed 3 bench players. They don't go any deeper in competitive games. You'll note, I don't likst Buck either.

You're welcome!

Reaction Score
Big thing is that it isn't in the Carrion Dome which screws with everyone's shooting.
But that's where Tiff scored 30 last year and Maya got 40 before that. Everyone's shooting should be screwed with like that!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Although doggy has done an excellent job, I'll throw my $.02 in anyway. Hey I went to all the trouble of looking all the stuff up and writing it down......why the hell not.

Teams UCONN Syracuse
Scoring/Opp 83.3/46.6 78.7/55.2
FG% 49.8%/37.2% 42.1%/30.0%
Def FG% 30.2%/30.0% 34.0%/26.6%
Reb 42/+10.1 46.2/+9.8
Assists 21.6 17.4
T/O 14/+8.3 17.4/+5.6
Steals/Blks 12.4/5.8 13.8/5.9

Starters
Kayla Alexander - (6-4 C SR) 19.8 ppg / 8.9 rpg / 3.6 bpg
Elashier Hall - (5-11 G SR) 10.1 ppg /5.3 rpb /2.8 apg /3.1 tpg though
Brittany Sykes – (5-9 G FR) 8.6 ppg /5.4 rpg
Cornelia Fondren – (5-8 G FR) 3.0 ppg / 2.9 apg
Brianna Butler – (5-11 G FR) 7.3 ppg

Bench
Carmen Tyson-Thomas - (5-9 G SR) 10.7 ppg / 6.1 rpg
Rachel Coffey (5-7 G JR) – 6.3 ppg / 5.0 apg
Shakeya Leary (6-3 C JR) - 4.5 ppg
Pachis Roberts – (5-11 G FR) 4.3 ppg

Wins - Georgia Tech 75-72 (ot), Marquette 92-79, Georgetown 86-56, DePaul 84-80
Losses – Temple 67-74, Sykes and Fondren didn’t start or play very much that game. ??? Take that FWIW.

Syracuse starts/plays 3 FR at guards. However, Butler and Sykes were both McD’s AAs. Syracuse, like Louisville, generates a lot of T/Os and steals. More than UCONN does. UL had twice as many steals as UCONN did Wednesday. This will be something to watch, can UCONN’s pressure cause the FR to make mistakes??

Like UL, Not a lot of height, so UCONN will have to see if they can exploit that again. With Stewart, it should be much easier. And if Stokes gets some playing time that will help too. I think this is where UCONN can hurt SU. Huge mismatch height wise with Dolson/Stewart or Dolson/Stokes in the game. Dolson/Stewart/Stokes are going to have to shut down Alexander defensively. Dolson has really come through this year defensively. After Alexander though, the only height they have is Leary, but she is not really a threat offensively or rebounding wise. Be nice to get Alexander in foul trouble.

Syracuse can score and defend pretty well (similar to UL). At least by the stats. However, they have not played the schedule UCONN has. SU had a much, much weaker schedule. BUT, BUT, they did fine against Marquette and beat Georgetown by more than UCONN did. Tough to know if they are for real or not.

Location, location, location. This might play into it also. SU beat Georgetown at home. The biggest crowd the FR have played against was 3841. Consider the XL will have 2.5-3 times that and that could have an effect on the FR. UCONN at home with everyone available, this could be where UCONN starts to put it all together. Would be nice.

Decent teams have been able to score against SU, I think UCONN will be able to also. And SU hasn't faced anywhere near UCONN’s defense or crowd away from home. Will Geno allow them to go the full 40 minutes with a big game on Monday? I say yes. I think that’s why he tries to schedule these Sat/Mon, Sun/Tues games. To let the starters/team get a feel for playing NCAA schedule–like games. Don’t think he’ll call off the dogs unless it gets really, really out of hand. Also UCONN's 2nd game at the XL this week, should help with the shooting %.

My guess is Syracuse isn’t as good as their record. UCONN scores in the 80’s, and holds SU to the 50’s. 30+ spread. 87-54.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I hope Syracuse loses every game they play. They are in the ACC, right?

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I hope Syracuse loses every game they play. They are in the ACC, right?
Why should you root for any (former) Big East team? That leaves UConn, Cinci and South Flor.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Injuries can and do happen anywhere at any time. Since the unfortunate Mel Thomas injury, UConn has played twice at the Carrier Dome without incident and I do not recall an injury occurring at the Carrier Dome previously.

Obviously injuries can happen anywhere. However, in addition to Mel, Caroline injured herself playing Syracuse in January 2009. I do not recall if it was home or the Dome.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Oldest son and I will bring my 5 year old granddaughter to the game, her first... a must win.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Oldest son and I will bring my 5 year old granddaughter to the game, her first... a must win.

Will you come to the Boneyard meeting place at half time? Would love to see you Oz!

Reaction Score
Obviously injuries can happen anywhere. However, in addition to Mel, Caroline injured herself playing Syracuse in January 2009. I do not recall if it was home or the Dome.

Caroline's unfortunate second left knee injury occurred against Syracuse at the XL Center at the end of the first half of the same game in which Maya went off for 40 points and went past the 1000 point mark; Caroline was in pursuit of a pass from Maya, underneath her own basket; The closest player to Caroline was Renee Montgomery.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
But that's where Tiff scored 30 last year and Maya got 40 before that. Everyone's shooting should be screwed with like that!
Look at the long history of team shooting %s and most teams shoot worse, particularly, on 3s. maya was at the XL Center.

Reaction Score
Look at the long history of team shooting %s and most teams shoot worse, particularly, on 3s. maya was at the XL Center.

You are right, Maya's 40 point performance was at the XL Center. The following year, she dropped 38 on Syracuse in the Carrier Dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom