UConn Vs. St. John’s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Vs. St. John’s

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
No agenda here, just commenting that if we're considering St. John's a "Major home OOC game" then that says something. I absolutely would rather play St. John's than Columbia, Vermont, Stony Brook, or any of the other cupcakes we fill November and December's home schedule with.

All I was saying is that St. Johns is a "major OOC home game" because they're in the Big East which is a Major conference. Playing St. Johns in November or December is better than any other Cupcake we would play otherwise. I recognize that we are above St. Johns but it's still an intriguing opponent to play at home when the home slate the last few years has been poor to say the least.

Reaction Score
As of right now the only big name OOC home game is Arizona. No doubt they are trying to get more OCC home games to sell season tickets.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Somehow the thought of playing a MSG home game against the Red Sperm brings to mind Satan and TicketGate. Pretty sure that was in the 2000 season.

Reaction Score
No agenda here, just commenting that if we're considering St. John's a "Major home OOC game" then that says something. I absolutely would rather play St. John's than Columbia, Vermont, Stony Brook, or any of the other cupcakes we fill November and December's home schedule with.
Vermont is no cupcake. Not much to gain and a lot to lose playing mid majors like Vermont

Reaction Score
Playing against Chris Mullins will be like old times, very old times.

Reaction Score
A series with SJ would also be billed as the battle for NYC leave Syracuse on the outside looking in.

Reaction Score
what series?
I must have missed those games

Series
/sirēz/
noun
  1. 1.
    a number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another.

Used in a sentence: UCONN and Syracuse played a 2 game series at MSG in 2016 and 2017.

Reaction Score
At this point in time, I think this is a good idea. Whoever does the schedule, they did a great job locking up MSG the past few years with 3 games in the upcoming season. Thats great for exposure especially that Hurley is trying to reestablish our recruiting in NY/NJ. Beyond this upcoming season, we dont have any games at MSG, so starting a series with St Johns with a game in CT this year will guarantee us a game at MSG in 2019-2020. That would give us 6 games at MSG over a span of 4 years.

Reaction Score
If Shamorie Ponds comes back, St. John's could be in the mix for a tournament spot. But you'd like to aim higher if possible.

Meanwhile, I remain miffed that the Arizona game isn't at Gampel. I have no personal investment in one venue or the other, but it seemed pretty clear that it was their turn to host the premier OOC game.

Reaction Score
If they played in January 2019 it would be the 29th anniversary of the opening of Gampel, which was against St. John’s. Or wait for a year and celebrate the 30th Anniversary by beating them again!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom