UConn vs SMU Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs SMU Post Game Thread

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
9-Simply can't imagine a pair more deserving of Senior Night praise and adulation than the tenacious and determined duo of Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams. Much gratitude from San Diego.
th
Okay, a tie.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From where I sit they are rounding into tournament form nicely.

As excited as teams will be that make the tournament,be it conference tournament winners, or "at large" invitees, NO ONE wants to be in UConn's region, especially the first round. The same could be said for Mississippi State. No one has exposed any chinks in their amour this season either. :oops:

This tournament should be very exciting for all WCBB fans. Do all of the #1 seeds make it to the final four this year? If not, which one goes home first? :rolleyes: Last year, #1 seeds Baylor (to Miss St) and Notre Dame (to Stanford) fell in their regional finals.

Can't wait for selection Monday. It's always fun to see the road YOUR team has been assigned to take to the final four, and also to see various team's joyous reactions to hearing their names called, and also hearing one or two coaches lament to getting what they perceive to be an unfavorable draw. :(

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I posted these post game mutterings and musings on another thread but they're more appropriate here:

1-Travis Mays looked snazzy in a bow tie for his team's Senior Day.
2-Speaking of fashion, can't say I'm a big fan of the SMU "diaper" shorts nor can I imagine CD allowing UConn players to dress that way. Not a good look, SMU.
3-If there's anyone who still doesn't believe that relentless pressure defense creates offensive opportunities, I urge them to watch the final 15 minutes of the first half.
4-Sure hope those folks who vote for All-America teams took notice that once again Kia Nurse took on a team's top perimeter scorer and neutralized her. If defense counts as much as offense, Kia should be an All-American.
5-The essence of UConn basketball is right there on the stat sheet: 27 assists on 31 baskets.
6-Reprieve! As many predicted, it appears Megan Walker's exile lasted until the next practice.
7-If your head is a basketball and BatCam wants it, you're Ichabod Crane.
8-It was cruel that Lexi couldn't get a friendly roll at least once, Saturday.
9-Simply can't imagine a pair more deserving of Senior Night praise and adulation than the tenacious and determined duo of Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams. Much gratitude from San Diego.

You said: "Sure hope those folks who vote for All-America teams took notice that once again Kia Nurse took on a team's top perimeter scorer and neutralized her. If defense counts as much as offense, Kia should be an All-American."

I said the same thing in another post. If the voting is close, let this dynamic be the deciding factor. IMO, none of the other candidates can play defense they way Kia does. Has anyone of the other candidates ever locked down an opponent at anytime?

Reaction Score
I posted these post game mutterings and musings on another thread but they're more appropriate here:

1-Travis Mays looked snazzy in a bow tie for his team's Senior Day.
2-Speaking of fashion, can't say I'm a big fan of the SMU "diaper" shorts nor can I imagine CD allowing UConn players to dress that way. Not a good look, SMU.
3-If there's anyone who still doesn't believe that relentless pressure defense creates offensive opportunities, I urge them to watch the final 15 minutes of the first half.
4-Sure hope those folks who vote for All-America teams took notice that once again Kia Nurse took on a team's top perimeter scorer and neutralized her. If defense counts as much as offense, Kia should be an All-American.
5-The essence of UConn basketball is right there on the stat sheet: 27 assists on 31 baskets.
6-Reprieve! As many predicted, it appears Megan Walker's exile lasted until the next practice.
7-If your head is a basketball and BatCam wants it, you're Ichabod Crane.
8-It was cruel that Lexi couldn't get a friendly roll at least once, Saturday.
Bow ties look much cooler when the coach has a winning record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom