UConn vs. RPI (10/12/19 @ 3:35p @ XL Center) | The Boneyard

UConn vs. RPI (10/12/19 @ 3:35p @ XL Center)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RPI All-Time vs. UConn: Rensselaer leads the all-time series with Connecticut with a record of 4-1-3 … RPI won the inaugural meeting, 6-5 in OT, on January 18, 1930, in Troy.

Recently: RPI has gone 3-1-1 in the last five games against Connecticut … Rensselaer's last win came in a 5-2 victory on January 16, 2019

Last Season: Junior Alexander Payusov scored twice in the third period to lead the University of Connecticut men's hockey team to a 3-1 victory over Rensselaer, in front of 4,282 at the Houston Field House ... RPI returned the favor on January 16, 2019, winning 5-2 at XL Center.

Reaction Score
RPI lost to #4 UMass last night in Amherst 5-3 (last UMass goal was an empty-netter).

Reaction Score
Edsall should hire some of you to spin his mess the way you cover for Cavanaugh who is well into his reign.
Edsall’s Team is also very young. Both teams just need to play hard and play to the best of their ability. That all we can ask, other than making sure they attend class and put in the work in the class room as well. We need to remember that this is collegiate athletics and not pro sports.

Reaction Score
The only thing this coaching staff knows how to do is recruit high end European talent. When it comes to coaching, the staff is awful.
Whoever is charge of the defensemen and the defensive play is lost.

The narrative that team is “young” and “wait until next year” are just a bogus excuses. It was the same line of bull we heard the prior season. All these sophomores are not returning next season.

This team has talent to be a ranked team. There are no excuses for being 0-2-1 against Sacred Heart, Army, and RPI. It falls on the ineptitude of the coaching staff.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
My concern is the between. Not the Euro guys, the other guys. I fear that the distance in talent between the two groups is just too big.

Also, when's the last time you can remember one of those European guys really got noticeably better at UConn?

Reaction Score
I would say Letunov was a tough case because I think he was playing with a group who were levels below his talent level.

I would say Huska was a big disappointment, especially last season.

I also do not think Tage Thompson improved greatly from his freshman to sophomore year either.

Having attended all three games this season, I would say Iskhakov is improved over last season, Howarth, although not European, is a bigger factor on the ice, and Gatcomb has improved.

There is a gigantic chasm between the talent of the top two lines and lines 3 and 4. The bottom two lines inspire no confidence. It is as if there are two 1st lines and two 4th lines. Having to see Freeman out there game in, game out is excruciating. He’s terrible.

Last edited:

zls44

Reaction Score
Who are those players that he ran off. Don't think you have a clue about what you are talking about.

Yeah, its just a coincidence most of the Diaco guys left. You're a fool.

zls44

Reaction Score
Having attended all three games this season, I would say Iskhakov is improved over last season, Howarth, although not European, is a bigger factor on the ice, and Gatcomb has improved.

This is why I'm not totally panicking, Gatcomb and especially Howarth look a million times better.

4 of the 6 defensemen today were Freshmen. Its really hard to win that way. Unlike Randy Edsall, he didn't run off the old D, they just graduated out of the program.

The only real year-to-year issue I've seen so far is that second periods absolutely kill them. I know its a long change, but every year they get snowed in during second periods. They have to clean up the changes or do something different.

They were very well-disciplined today, stayed out of the box, but RPI made them pay when they went in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom