UConn vs. OK Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. OK Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was watching the game in my exercise room, without my phone. I missed you guys, but I got to see Sherri in that dress!!

I thought OU was better than I expected. They could have folded at 21-4. They played tough and moved the ball well. I thought our defense was slower than normal and committed fouls by being in awkward situations.

Tiff was my POG. She played hard and mostly under control. She uses her speed and quickness very well. It was a very good showing for Tiff on national television.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Additional thoughts:

I love Whiney Hand's spirit. How does she make those quick, low release shots?

Campbell got to the line often and converted.

The OU inbound play for a score was nice, but where was our defense?

Tiff's stat line: 23 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steaks, 1 block. All-American numbers.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tiff has a few more nationally televised games to get herself onto the WBCA first-team AA list. If she does, she would end up with her name on the wall after all.

Reaction Score
I think they are BE officials. Wesley Dean is one, I think.

Most officials work multiple conferences as independent contractors, Mr. Dean definitely among them. The list of Big East Conference officials can be found in the media guide.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wasn't monitoring.. if your twitter page is publica everything you write on twitter is for the world to see
but you "do" have to go looking for it.. it doesnt just appear on YOUR timeline/newsfeed

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We are Geno acolytes. The score is irrelevant. It is how they played the game, mediocre.
yeah ok...

give me all of UConn's mediocre games this season... and lets use that for their W/L Record

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Calling KML "Fat Maya" on a public forum is acceptable to you?
We have a rule about dragging over quotes like this from other boards. Apparently we're going to have to add Twitter and Facebook to the list. Leave the trash were you find it, don't bring it here.

Reaction Score
yeah ok...

give me all of UConn's mediocre games this season... and lets use that for their W/L Record
Whatever that means?! I'll go with a what a Hall of Fame coach believes is important and HIS teams' W/L record.

Reaction Score
That was a poorly officiated game. They were constantly blowing their whistles and not letting them play. you would think they get a bonus based on the number of fouls they call.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
In a sense, Defense, we gotta make up our minds. A lot of us - certainly I - thought the officials let 'em play too much in the 'Ville and GT games. Players were getting seriously hammered without a call. At O.U., the refs called it tighter, and, as you note, the whistles were blowing in the first half. During the second half, the players adjusted, the officials relaxed things a bit, or both, and there were fewer interrruptions in play.

If the Oklahoma game was too tight, and the previous two games were too loose, it seems to me we're starting to sound like Goldilocks: "this porridge is too hot, this porridge is too cold," etc.
I'm not for either extreme, but, honestly, the OU game wasn't called all that tight: recall, if you will, some of the UTenn games "back in the day", and check on the number of fouls called in those contests. In short, I don't think it was all that bad, particularly after the first 10-15 minutes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In a sense, Defense, we gotta make up our minds. A lot of us - certainly I - thought the officials let 'em play too much in the 'Ville and GT games. Players were getting seriously hammered without a call. At O.U., the refs called it tighter, and, as you note, the whistles were blowing in the first half. During the second half, the players adjusted, the officials relaxed things a bit, or both, and there were fewer interrruptions in play.

If the Oklahoma game was too tight, and the previous two games were too loose, it seems to me we're starting to sound like Goldilocks: "this porridge is too hot, this porridge is too cold," etc.
I'm not for either extreme, but, honestly, the OU game wasn't called all that tight: recall, if you will, some of the UTenn games "back in the day", and check on the number of fouls called in those contests. In short, I don't think it was all that bad, particularly after the first 10-15 minutes.
I only saw two fouls called on UConn players that I could object to and I am hardly known as a fan of WCBB officials. That was way better than many nights. I thought the game was one of the better officiated games of the year even if it was very hard on us in the first half.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game last night. Love when they have to work to win. Makes them tougher.

It's not about style points. It's about learning from each game.

Exactly. Listening to both CD last night and Geno tonight (with Joe D) and both were really pleased with the win last night. Both CD and Geno talked about the toll the schedule (Monday/Saturday) games and travel have taken on the team and how tired and banged up they are. Yet, the team went in to a hostile environment against a very motivated team and managed to overcome adversity (fouls) and put the game out of reach in the final few minutes. I think the way the game played out was exactly what the team needed. Bravo on a good win.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Whatever that means?! I'll go with a what a Hall of Fame coach believes is important and HIS teams' W/L record.

Exactly. Listening to both CD last night and Geno tonight (with Joe D) and both were really pleased with the win last night. Both CD and Geno talked about the toll the schedule (Monday/Saturday) games and travel have taken on the team and how tired and banged up they are. Yet, the team went in to a hostile environment against a very motivated team and managed to overcome adversity (fouls) and put the game out of reach in the final few minutes. I think the way the game played out was exactly what the team needed. Bravo on a good win.
oooops the Hall of Famer disagrees with you NCorBust... not surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom