UConn vs. Mizzou game thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Mizzou game thread

Reaction Score
Wow, I thought things would change 360 in 7 months
Stupid me, I guess

JSMH

Ugggh. I'm saying that the fans are are going away despite reason to be there. Missouri, Saturday night, new coach (good old coach), two game win streak, fall weather and only 21k in the stands. It is unprecedented, even in the Diaco years. The fans are moving on. It isn't that I expected a turnaround, but I did not expect weekly erosion at this point. It is horrifying.

Reaction Score
Are you blaming this on Shirreffs? Reducing him to "someone who a few fans admire?" Jesus, that's so misinformed it makes me wonder whether or not you're a serious account.
It's not BS, he is doing what he can, it's all the hoopla on Boneyard about yet to come recruits who may be best playing in FCS. We need someone as QB who is at least as good as the Missouri QB.

Reaction Score
It's going to take Edsall at least 2 recruiting classes to fix this mess. But right I don't have confidence in that happening.
I don't want to be negative but it's hard not to be. Can't recruit program changers that we need with a half full stadium and a fan base that has almost given up on the team. Why would you want to play for a program like that? Only sports that are in the national spotlight right now at Uconn are field hockey and baseball (springer)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is also why we better make damn sure the QB next year is not someone who a few fans admire but can't win games.
you think RE sucks and BS is admired by just a handful of fans, can't wait for the next one to come

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
it's all the hoopla on Boneyard about yet to come recruits who may be best playing in FCS

Anything to back this up, or did you just pull it from your behind?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Just 3 unanswered TDs and a 2 point conversion away from a push!

Reaction Score
Tonight is friggin awful, but we’re not as good or as bad as our last game. Progress is not always a straight slope upward. We need better players on D and we don’t have them this year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse would never play him as first string QB -- on top of that look at the rest of the colleges serious about him -- all FCS

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Syracuse would never play him as first string QB -- on top of that look at the rest of the colleges serious about him -- all FCS

Subjective and weak sauce...

Reaction Score
Edsall now needs to recriut team speed as his primary focus regardless of position. UConn has Div 3 talent because that's all Disco was capable of getting.

Reaction Score
Well, this is bad.

There's been a mass exodus of UConn fans (understandable) and the Missouri fans seem to be having a great time.

Our D is getting beat by the same plays, we can't block, and we miss the Hell out of Arkeel. Let's hope for a gigantic miracle in the second half, I guess...
I don't think having Arkeel out there would have made any difference, based on how horrible this defense is against a passing offense.

Reaction Score
Game is about 3 hrs old and we’re still in the 3rd qtr.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom