UConn vs. Merrimack (Friday 11/1/19 @ Lawler @ 7p & Sunday 11/3/19 @ XL @ 2:05p) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Merrimack (Friday 11/1/19 @ Lawler @ 7p & Sunday 11/3/19 @ XL @ 2:05p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was at the game last night. Final few minutes a great on-campus atmosphere. Once MC pulled the goaltender, their fans went nuts, particularly MC students and younger local kids. This is why UConn MUST get moving on the "promised" on-campus rink. Only 1700+ in attendance, but 3,500 at the XL Center can't generate the same juice. Until the first spade is in the ground, I'll believe nothing coming out of Storrs.

Let's see how much this great two-point road league victory impacts tomorrow's (Sunday afternoon, awful scheduling) attendance. Want to be wrong, but I predict less than 3,000 fannies-in-seats. Thankfully, the Patriots play at night.

Cavanaugh has done an admirable job, given the woeful on-campus facilities and scheduling hurdles behind the Wolfpack, Husky men's and women's hoops, and God knows what Disney on Ice/Circus performances. Give him the campus rink to enhance recruiting (women's team too).......................NOW!

Reaction Score
Was at the game last night. Final few minutes a great on-campus atmosphere. Once MC pulled the goaltender, their fans went nuts, particularly MC students and younger local kids. This is why UConn MUST get moving on the "promised" on-campus rink. Only 1700+ in attendance, but 3,500 at the XL Center can't generate the same juice. Until the first spade is in the ground, I'll believe nothing coming out of Storrs.

Let's see how much this great two-point road league victory impacts tomorrow's (Sunday afternoon, awful scheduling) attendance. Want to be wrong, but I predict less than 3,000 fannies-in-seats. Thankfully, the Patriots play at night.

Cavanaugh has done an admirable job, given the woeful on-campus facilities and scheduling hurdles behind the Wolfpack, Husky men's and women's hoops, and God knows what Disney on Ice/Circus performances. Give him the campus rink to enhance recruiting (women's team too).......................NOW!
Need $$ to build the on campus arena. It’s in the works.

Reaction Score
With BC, UML, and then PC, the month of Nov is probably the toughest stretch of the season

Let’s dominate and get another 2

Reaction Score
You score on a PP and then have 2 PP and not 1 shot?

1-1 after 1
Shots 10-6 UConn

Reaction Score
Caught the third period video stream - whatever offensive scheme they're running looks like it's stuck in a vat of peanut butter. Too much aimless stickhandling around in the offensive zone, no cycle, no flow. I can't tell if it's a talent problem and/or a coaching problem, but it looked awful.

Three shots generated in a third period when you're trailing is horrendous and unacceptable. At some point you have to start throwing pucks to the net.

Reaction Score
Well at least they improved from Friday night when they had one shot on goal in the third period.

This coaching staff is inept when it comes to the on ice product. This program will never go anywhere with the staff they have now. There is plenty of talent on the team but the coaches have no clue how to maximize it.

The faster Freeman and Newpower graduate the better. They are so slow and just overall terrible but have to play because they are captains.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Caught the third period video stream - whatever offensive scheme they're running looks like it's stuck in a vat of peanut butter.

The power play is just incredibly awful. Its spread out too wide, nobody goes to the front of the net and the overall puck movement is slow. Its a perfect mix of all the things you shouldn't do with a man advantage. Its scary because that's largely coaching.

Reaction Score
The power play is just incredibly awful. Its spread out too wide, nobody goes to the front of the net and the overall puck movement is slow. Its a perfect mix of all the things you shouldn't do with a man advantage. Its scary because that's largely coaching.
The power play is 1 for whatever this season.There is no threat when all they do is pass it around 6 inches inside the blue line. No penetration at all. Patty caking it around does nothing. This is all on the coaching, because it's been going on for years.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Is it time time for Coach to go? I’ve been a big supporter, but we never seem to improve. We can’t lose to teams like Merrimack and expect to have a good year. Throw Army, RPI and Sacred Heart into that mix. We should be better than 2-3-1. This comes from a 4 year Season ticket holder and long time UConn, Whaler and Wolfpack fan. This level of mediocrity is not acceptable. Sorry if I’m repeating earlier frustration, but I’m just too tired to be original.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’ll be there Sun.

Didn’t watch the game, but read about it here. Much needed 2 points. I’ll take it
Saw you. I just we could have repeated. I’m very disappointed with our start.

Reaction Score
What role do assistant coaches play?

So we're successful recruiting, but not in actual coaching up the players. Do the asst coaches usually handle recruiting and head coach does the in-game stuff? Or vice versa?

Or is it all on the head coach?

I'd like to keep whoever is recruiting and upgrade the other spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom