UConn vs. Louisville - Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Louisville - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef is so tough...the sun doesn't tan her, she tans the sun!

The most interesting player in the world.
I just wish I was young enough and in college to ask her out. It would be a great time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well we got the lead up to 22 and then let our foot off the gas pedal for the last 8 minutes. Certainly not the end result i expected - i thought the final margin would be between 25-30...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I just wish I was young enough and in college to ask her out. It would be a great time.
I'm impressed by your confidence, but what makes you think she'd say yes? :D

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not sleepy. That is my double face palm.

GG

Reaction Score
Why does Ward and Lobo (the great) keep saying that coach Walz is not going to tip his hand now. He is waiting for the next meeting between us and Louisville on Big Monday? We all know that they are going to junk up the game.
I agree. Is he waiting for the second game? With all due respect, that makes no sense to me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree. Is he waiting for the second game? With all due respect, that makes no sense to me.
I think the thinking is - I am down my starting PG, I am trailing at the half by 11 and this game is important but not essential so I am not necessarily going to try everything possible in the second half to make this a game and give them more information. Hopefully in two weeks I have my PG back, I'm at home, and we play a better first half.
I also think Geno probably kept some wrinkles in the bag for later games. Both these guys know that they are probably playing three times before the NCAA and may play again in the NCAAs. Neither of the regular season games really matter that much to either team in the big plan.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I think the thinking is - I am down my starting PG, I am trailing at the half by 11 and this game is important but not essential so I am not necessarily going to try everything possible in the second half to make this a game and give them more information. Hopefully in two weeks I have my PG back, I'm at home, and we play a better first half.
I also think Geno probably kept some wrinkles in the bag for later games. Both these guys know that they are probably playing three times before the NCAA and may play again in the NCAAs. Neither of the regular season games really matter that much to either team in the big plan.

No doubt Walz will use the time to develop a closer relationship with the refs

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
carl adamec ‏@CarlAdamec 4m
You know those refs Geno talks about that thinks every blocked shot is a foul? Remember the name Bryan Brunette.
Um, the KML flattener with 22 seconds to go in the first was considered just a nice clean block even though there were a lot of Cardinal arms in with hers, so no, not every block was a foul. But every time there was any outside bump when a ball handler was driving into a defender on either side (as on the call on the previous play against Dolson) that was a foul today where as in most other games that's a play on.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not sleepy. That is my double face palm.
I like this picture of you with Jonathan's cousin...

bear-hug-1268337491.jpeg

Reaction Score
Have we ever seen JW NOT wear plaid?

Hartley picks up #2.

edit: Not sure that is plaid. More like a teeny tiny gingham checked?
Checked, not plaid, but he should have been wearing black-white vertical stripes.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Checked, not plaid, but he should have been wearing black-white vertical stripes.

You're kidding ! I thought he was on the court for a number of calls !

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well we got the lead up to 22 and then let our foot off the gas pedal for the last 8 minutes.
See the earlier thread re: Geno's question whether this team has a "killer instinct" like the 2002 team. When you get a good team down by 22 you step on their necks and finish the job.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, their last two NCs came in years when they lost a good many games. Inspires'em.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Um, the KML flattener with 22 seconds to go in the first was considered just a nice clean block even though there were a lot of Cardinal arms in with hers, so no, not every block was a foul. But every time there was any outside bump when a ball handler was driving into a defender on either side (as on the call on the previous play against Dolson) that was a foul today where as in most other games that's a play on.
Second defender, Taylor, slid off the ball and did not have the ball but rather had KML's left wrist on the side away from the main view.

Last edited:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Second defender, Taylor, slid off the ball and did not have the ball but rather had KML's left wrist on the side away from the main view.
All reports I have seen of the play have described it as a clean block, which may or may not be, but Slaughter in back has and extreme downward motion with her right arm, though it is hard to tell how much of KLM she got from any angle I saw.

Point is, these are very dangerous plays when one player, usually the shooter, is bent backwards from the peak. Whether they really are completely "clean" or not, and they rarely are, with that type of momentum between two players, bad things can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom