UConn vs Jackson State postgame thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Jackson State postgame thread

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
First round NCAA games for UConn, Margin of Victory(MOV)
23/24 Jack St MOV 22
22/23 Vermont MOV 43
21/22 Mercer MOV 45
20/21 High Pt MOV 43
19/20-- No games
18/19 Towson MOV 49
17/18 St Francis MOV 88
16/17 Albany MOV 61
The Stewie years had MOV's of 52, 56, 43, 68.

Good Luck on Monday
How many of those teams only had 8 available players? But thanks for dropping by.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
42C406DC-DCCE-4D97-B47A-B9A9814CE042.jpeg

Reaction Score
I didn’t think the officiating was particularly bad. There were a few questionable calls or non-calls. But on the whole they were pretty balanced and the game didn’t get too chippy.

I imagine first round games are especially difficult to work what with all the nervous energy on both sides.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A well played game by our young and talented ladies. Real good dfense and rebounding. Nice offensive flow. 23 assists on 34 made baskets!!!

Nika has 7 assists with Paige. Nika now has 658 assists for her career. Monday night she should set ther new career assist record for UConn. She needs 1 to tie and 2 to pass Moriah's 659.

Jackson State is a decent team. Doesn't have the talent to stay with a UConn. Their height was really not a factor..

Joe Vaszily is terrible. Poorly officiated game at times.Telling UConn players to stop complaining. I thought Geno was going to get t-ed up.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Joe Vaszily is terrible. Poorly officiated game at times.Telling UConn players to stop complaining. I thought Geno was going to get t-ed up.

I was hoping to see some different refs in the tourney. Joe Vaszily has done a lot of our games the past few years and I have never been happy with his performance. And judging from the way Geno yells at him regularly I don' think he's very happy with him either.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was hoping to see some different refs in the tourney. Joe Vaszily has done a lot of our games the past few years and I have never been happy with his performance. And judging from the way Geno yells at him regularly I don' think he's very happy with him either.
Vaszily is one of those refs who thinks the game is his. Too many of them.

Reaction Score
One advantage of being a 3 seed is having a first game against a competitive team. JSU wasn't talented enough to push UConn very much but good enough to make us work up a sweat. It makes the team a little sharper going into game 2.

KK really needs to shoot more. I started counting open shots she declined and gave up when I ran out of fingers and toes. Nika can get away with not taking many shots but when a team can lay off two of five on the floor it makes things harder for the other three. Shade made up the slack today. We can't have to count on that.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I am guessing that you might be referring to is Dee Kantner and she is still working this tournament. She was either in Columbia SC or Baton Rouge yesterday doing the lower seeds matchup.
YES, darn I thought that she retired, I guess I can only hope that the two don't officiate together when UConn is playing. I don't think we have enough players to survive their calls.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
One advantage of being a 3 seed is having a first game against a competitive team. JSU wasn't talented enough to push UConn very much but good enough to make us work up a sweat. It makes the team a little sharper going into game 2.
Agree - Whole lotta tape opportunities to use for tune up vs next opponent. 1 v 16 are all fun, but if the team isn't dialed in, the mistakes could be overlooked going forward to the 1 v 8, etc etc.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A well played game by our young and talented ladies. Real good dfense and rebounding. Nice offensive flow. 23 assists on 34 made baskets!!!

Nika has 7 assists with Paige. Nika now has 658 assists for her career. Monday night she should set ther new career assist record for UConn. She needs 1 to tie and 2 to pass Moriah's 659.

Jackson State is a decent team. Doesn't have the talent to stay with a UConn. Their height was really not a factor..

The players were complaining because some of the calls were atrocious. I thought Dee Kantner was really bad, but Joe V. appears to be worse.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
First round NCAA games for UConn, Margin of Victory(MOV)
23/24 Jack St MOV 22
22/23 Vermont MOV 43
21/22 Mercer MOV 45
20/21 High Pt MOV 43
19/20-- No games
18/19 Towson MOV 49
17/18 St Francis MOV 88
16/17 Albany MOV 61
The Stewie years had MOV's of 52, 56, 43, 68.

Good Luck on Monday
Two questions:
1. How many of those previous games were played against #14 seeds?
2. Any purpose to your post here other than general unpleasantness?

Reaction Score
Post game presser with Ash and Geno is absolutely hilarious with her discussing the Geno pic on her shirt, and how he says, "I love you"!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some folks thought this would be a 40-point MOV. I think Vegas predicted a 33-point MOV, but I didn’t see it. I thought maybe 25.

As some folks noted, this was a 3 v. 14 game, not a 1 v. 16 matchup.

Some facts about JSU:

They ran the table in their conference AND won the conference tourney.

Their bad losses were to Texas, Oregon State, and Kansas State, all top-15 teams. The relatively close losses were to UCF, Miami, and Miss. State.

Two years ago, they led Baylor in the tourney by 10 before losing by 6. That’s the Baylor team that we struggled with.

Their big player transferred in from USC.

Geno seemed legitimately concerned about them.

I’m not disappointed in our performance. I would have liked 90-50, but JSU has talent and athleticism and they played hard.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Some folks thought this would be a 40-point MOV. I think Vegas predicted a 33-point MOV, but I didn’t see it. I thought maybe 25.

As some folks noted, this was a 3 v. 14 game, not a 1 v. 16 matchup.

Some facts about JSU:

They ran the table in their conference AND won the conference tourney.

Their bad losses were to Texas, Oregon State, and Kansas State, all top-15 teams. The relatively close losses were to UCF, Miami, and Miss. State.

Two years ago, they led Baylor in the tourney by 10 before losing by 6. That’s the Baylor team that we struggled with.

Their big player transferred in from USC.

Geno seemed legitimately concerned about them.

I’m not disappointed in our performance. I would have liked 90-50, but JSU has talent and athleticism and they played hard.
I think it would have been over 40 if the officials would have called the fouls on JS and if UConn had hit their usual percentage of their 3pt shoots. UConn was 9-10 vs JS being 16-22 from the free throw line. There is no way that should have happened considering the hacking that JS did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom