UCONN vs Iowa St Pregame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Iowa St Pregame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now if we impose our will compared to them over us, we might see AD and AO making them pay inside, but I don't see it going that way. Our guards Bazz, Boat and Lamb need to be able to be on the floor for a lot of the game.

We're not a very good team as imposing our will in terms of size. Our bigs can't really finish as a primary offensive option (how many post entry feeds result in made baskets or made free throws?), and don't especially dominate the paint on defense or the boards. That's why I see it as a disadvantage, since their strength is already one of our weaknesses.

Reaction Score
Jeremy could be huge in this game they dont have anyone that can really gaurd him

Reaction Score
i expect a real good game. its important not to give this team any confidence.

Reaction Score
We're not a very good team as imposing our will in terms of size. Our bigs can't really finish as a primary offensive option (how many post entry feeds result in made baskets or made free throws?), and don't especially dominate the paint on defense or the boards. That's why I see it as a disadvantage, since their strength is already one of our weaknesses.
Lob, Lob, Lob to Drummond. 6'8"? Opens up Jeremy

Reaction Score
Live by the three, die by the three. Even if you don't challenge them on every single shot, three point shooters can go cold for long stretches (see Starks, John: Game 6, 1994 NBA Finals). If ISU make their open jumpers (assuming they even get them. I think JC can come up with a in four days to challenge their shooters) they'll win. If they don't, they won't. Simple

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If we pound the ball inside can we get White in foul trouble? We knocked Kilicli out of the game and that put a major dent in what WVU was doing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We need to make it a dunk fest. If the first three UConn FGs are not dunks by our bigs we set the wrong tone. We are worried about their guards, they must be wondering how they defend a lineup with AD, AO, Scoe and Lamb. Get those high scoring guards off the court by making them defensive liabilities.

Clearly a very interesting matchup.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i want scoe and giff to play a lot over dd and possibly ao if match ups need be bc i like giffs defense and roscoes ability to block shots and rebound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom