UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has a lot to be proud of. A national title in men's basketball...15 billion in women's basketball and a football program that is on the rise. Iowa State has been in the cellar of the Big 12 for decades. It is very hard coming out of it when you face teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A & M, Oklahoma State, and Missouri (Kansas State, Nebraska, and Colorado have also had some great teams).

I have the utmost respect for UConn will follow your football team in the near future. It was a great game and tonight was ISU's night. You will have yours soon enough in a league in which you can be very successful. Have a great rest of the season!

Reaction Score
Really? Someone is uninformed. Iowa State is bigger than UConn in enrollment, bigger in research dollars (AAU school) and a bigger draw in football. Only talk darn about conference affiliation if you can show worth beyond the school you are talking about. I mean darn, UConn went to a BCS bowl last year and only brought 3k fans with them, are you kidding me with that? ISU brings more to a damn prep rally. I guess that is the difference between an old guard school like ISU in comparison to new blood like UConn.

Congratulations, you guys won the game, although I'm not sure how proud I'd be of that.......JohnU it's important to remember that longevity isn't a replacement for success. I'll take UCONN's athletics programs success versus your old guard status any day.

Reaction Score
They were Big 12 officials. If we're going down the 'the refs sucked' route (which I never like to do), I'll counter with the missed celebration penalty that should have been called on the trick play TD. Would've taken the TD off the board and sent ISU back to around the 20-25...but I'm not going there.

That was the one blatant make-up call I saw.

The refs sucked, period. Reynolds deserved 15 on that taunt, and I was screaming at him through the TV. We got lucky there, big time.

And I hate the "refs sucked" game too, but look at the stats. They were just boning us all night. Didn't matter in the end, but it was damn close to being a Huskie win on the basis of calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom