UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Iowa St. Gamethread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doug Flutie baby lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
need some time to digest, but initial reaction is its time to go to Nebrich and let him develop, mixing in McC every 6-7 plays or so

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
ISU only has 2 defenders in the area. That could have been a disaster for them.

I will see how the season progresses, but I have no problem firing PP after only one year with this level of play. ISU was not very good.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo took us to the woodshed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Very disappointing in the offense and coaching tonight.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

I will see how the season progresses, but I have no problem firing PP after only one year with this level of play. ISU was not very good.
We need to land all that CT high school talent.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I know I am harping on it. But have 40 more seconds if didn't blow that timeout.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

They also would have had 10 more points if they even remotely took advantage of the gifts by Iowa St. The failures early on were on the players, and the failures at the end were on the coaches.

Reaction Score
Need to have a trash can as a receiver next time, and I guess ISU didn't get the memo they're not supposed to defend. I can't put this on the QB's, its what I've been harping on since last week....coaches need to manage the game and tailor the game plan to the skill set of the team, but good god I just don't see it. I only saw the second half, but it's just not good.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Is it Deleone or is it PP?

I think these are DeLeone's calls. The Cuse fans all pointed DeLeone for their troubles on offense, less so with PP

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I take a timeout there everytime and draw up a good play.

Good play is the key. But, still had clock stopped and normal time to call a good play. Knowing if you dont make it and having those 3 timeouts is crucial.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
There was. But the UConn clock keeper is from Iowa. j/k

That's just a football play. You hope your home town guy has a trigger finger for you at the end, but they let a few seconds go after every other play, so why not the final one? UConn lost it well before that point.

Reaction Score
The buck stops with the head coach. If Deleone is responsible for 2 losses already, PP should demote him. I think it is the QB cluster duck* causing all this. No continuity anywhere, including the sidelines.

Reaction Score
There must be a reason for the lack of adjustments the staff isn't a bunch of dolts, it's not their first rodeo. It makes me shake my head though and wonder.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

This is fool talk. We can still win 7 games (in a transition year) and make a bowl. The plane has not yet crashed into the mountain. Iowa St. will win 7 games themselves from the Big 12 this year.

Reaction Score
Go with McEntee. He started to get into a little bit of a rhythm there at the end. Too little too late though.

Reaction Score
not sure why we didnt run on third now we will try it on 4th and get stuffed
Shows what you know-we tried the SAME difficult throw to the flat that failed miserably on 3rd down! No run there!:mad: We screwed it up an entirely different way than you predicted. Think back to last week-we made a game-losing decision to throw late against Vandy instead of run, why would we CHANGE that pattern this week?!

Reaction Score
This is fool talk. We can still win 7 games (in a transition year) and make a bowl. The plane has not yet crashed into the mountain. Iowa St. will win 7 games themselves from the Big 12 this year.

Based on what I've seen, what we've all seen, 7 wins is possible, just not probable. I wish I could honestly say I thought differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom