UCONN vs. Illinois: What outcome will leave you satisfied? | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. Illinois: What outcome will leave you satisfied?

What result will leave you satisfied for UCONN vs Illinois?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
So, I'm curious about boneyard opinions on this. We've seen UCONN and Illinois each play their first game. What do you need to see from UCONN on Saturday to leave the game satisfied? This is not a prediction thread. We have that. This is not about what you THINK will happen, but rather what you need to see from the team and coaches to be satisfied.

Since I'm starting the poll it's only fair that I go first.

I just want to win. I put my vote at "win by 1+" because that would leave me ecstatic. I don't care how we play to get there. We could run 3 and out every time and win on a turnover or special teams score for all I care. It would still be an improvement over last year! (OK maybe an entire game of 3 and out's would suck even if we won, but you get my drift.) Despite were I voted I will likely also be satisfied with a close loss. We've been so bad for so long even a close loss might feel like a victory, but I'm sick of thinking "We're so close. Just one play different and we could have....". I don't want to play that game anymore which is why I bumped my vote to "win by 1+".

What about you?

Reaction Score
Play hard & show improvement over last year. Stop accepting being the joke of college football. Get angry about it. Play with a chip on your shoulder. Fight hard on every play. Get some pride back. Don't get down when things go bad. Keep playing and keep fighting. Make positive plays and build on it. Give Illinois all they can handle and who knows what can happen.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Better keep beer tent open til the 5th quarter

Reaction Score
Year 3. Home game against a team that was bad last year. Win it.
Illinois didn’t look bad at all. Very fast and physical football team- especially at the first and second levels on defense.

Just saying.

Just want the boys to compete for 4 qtrs.

I’ll leave it there.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that UConn will play hard. Unfortunately UConn just doesn’t have the talent to compete against teams that play major college football. I firmly believe that UConn can play to the best of their ability and still lose 56-3. I’m just hoping for a nice day for tailgating, a decent crowd, and for UConn to play hard.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Dammit I want a win as I am tired of the team losing and think this could be the game to turn it around finally.

I know players think it will happen.

Reaction Score
Dammit I want a win as I am tired of the team losing and think this could be the game to turn it around finally.

Curious. How do you know that? I think every player on the team wants to win. If not, they should quit the game. But how do you know that the players think it will happen?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Curious. How do you know that? I think every player on the team wants to win. If not, they should quit the game. But how do you know that the players think it will happen?

id have pointed out it was the dumbest post of the day but someone compared lawrence’s stats to beaudry’s and tried to make an analogy that it means edsall isn’t coaching 60 years in the past

Reaction Score

I think we just won? Am I missing something did we lose the first game??

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think we just won? Am I missing something did we lose the first game??

No, going off of what some on here think about the team. I think they will win and I might be one of the only one's. We will all know by 7 pm on Saturday

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a win...however, if we lose by 3 or 7, I will be fine...if we get blown out... Not thinking that...

Reaction Score
Satisfaction for me is UConn being in the lead or less than 7 points behind late in the fourth quarter and winning it at the end. Whether on a touchdown drive and then the defense creates a turnover or they just make a stand I want to see UConn come out on the winning side for a change. If they can get their two top receivers back and the Caleb Thomas situation resolved it'll go a long ways to giving the Huskies a better chance. I wasn't that impressed with the Illini defense so UConn should be able to score on them. Even though the Husky defense is better than Akron's the key will be how long the UConn offense can keep the D off the field.

UConn-7 Illini-7 end of 1st quarter.
Uconn-10 Illini-14 at half.
UConn -17 Illini-21 end of 3rd quarter.
UConn 27 Illini 24 final.

note: this could end up being a rain and wind event depending on the hurricane so this could come down to who's offensive line can punch the better holes for the running backs. Art Tompkins changing directions in a slop fest could be the key and the player of the game. We could see a 14-7 final. Still think UConn comes out on top.

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Weyuo....we ain’t winning. How bad are the Zips? Probably would beat us 24-17.

Reaction Score
Weyuo....we ain’t winning. How bad are the Zips? Probably would beat us 24-17.
Ye of little faith. Sooner or later the ball has to start bouncing UConn's way so why not this weekend? UConn will clean up some of the mistakes from the first game and Illinois is playing short handed. Why the constant defeatist attitudes with so many of you? Is UConn a top 25 contender? No. Will they make it to the conference championship game? Probably not. Can they beat Illinois? Yes. Sometimes the fans need to will the team to win. I've seen it happen before.

Go UConn!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom