UConn vs. Florida Atlantic University Owls (Saturday 9/21/24 @7p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Florida Atlantic University Owls (Saturday 9/21/24 @7p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We all know coach speak and them laying it on leading up to a weeks opponent. But interesting comments (sounds like an alternate reality from what we've heard about the program for years from the outside)....looking back by a Tom Herman before the Wagner game. " What is Uconn and Coach Mora doing with that program.....NIL, 2 Deep, S & C etc. " we've got look like, play like, act like at Uconn " ...starts at about the 2:30 make.

"We've gotta speed this thing up in a hurry if we want to look like, play like, act like UConn."

Hot damn! If folks didn't already live the job that Mora and Benedict were doing, then take these comments and compare them against what we've gone through over the last decade...

Reaction Score
We all know coach speak and them laying it on leading up to a weeks opponent. But interesting comments (sounds like an alternate reality from what we've heard about the program for years from the outside)....looking back by a Tom Herman before the Wagner game. " What is Uconn and Coach Mora doing with that program.....NIL, 2 Deep, S & C etc. " we've got look like, play like, act like at Uconn " ...starts at about the 2:30 make.

FAU got hit hard in the portal last year. They lost 6 starters, 7 second stringers, and one 3rd stringer to other FBS schools. On the OL, lost 2 starters and 1 2nd string to the portal. On the DL/Edge, FAU lost 2 starters, 2 second stringers, and one 3rd sting. They lost 2 starting WRs and 1 backup. Hard to be a good team if you are getting hit like that.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
FAU got hit hard in the portal last year. They lost 6 starters, 7 second stringers, and one 3rd stringer to other FBS schools. On the OL, lost 2 starters and 1 2nd string to the portal. On the DL/Edge, FAU lost 2 starters, 2 second stringers, and one 3rd sting. They lost 2 starting WRs and 1 backup. Hard to be a good team if you are getting hit like that.
Yeah, but weren't we saying similar things after losing Ross, Joly, etc.? Maybe they got hurt a little more than we did, but let's tip our caps to the job that Mora and staff did in the portal and on the recruiting trail to make up for it...

Reaction Score
Hard to be a good team if you are getting hit like that.
Well Uconn got hit harder than anyone in CR ! So I don't care..... I guess all's good in the CR "free for all", buying your way into P-4's ( yeah you SMU) and now unlimited free agency, NIL, etc, etc.....Just Win Baby !

Reaction Score
Yeah, but weren't we saying similar things after losing Ross, Joly, etc.? Maybe they got hurt a little more than we did, but let's tip our caps to the job that Mora and staff did in the portal and on the recruiting trail to make up for it...
I think the transfers in >>> transfers out this year.

Reaction Score
"We've gotta speed this thing up in a hurry if we want to look like, play like, act like UConn."

Hot damn! If folks didn't already live the job that Mora and Benedict were doing, then take these comments and compare them against what we've gone through over the last decade...
It was a really, really impressive win. It was also one football game.

I’m really hopeful, and am excited to see this homestand play out. But can we see the season first before we act like all our problems are solved (even on our level)?

I know — it’s like I don’t know us at all any more (which, if I didn’t say this, was coming from ‘82 with no doubt whatsoever).

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It was a really, really impressive win. It was also one football game.

I’m really hopeful, and am excited to see this homestand play out. But can we see the season first before we act like all our problems are solved (even on our level)?

I know — it’s like I don’t know us at all any more (which, if I didn’t say this, was coming from ‘82 with no doubt whatsoever).
Are we going to litigate this again, counselor?? ;)

I'm basing it on what seems to be a clear pattern of improvement as evidenced over the last 3 weeks. Areas of concern are improving (such as tackling, etc.). Players from the portal that we thought would be impact players are doing exactly that. Not just the "skill positions", but players on the lines as well (such as center, etc.).

Are all of our problems solved? No. And nobody is claiming that they are. But let's also not pretend that the product we're seeing on the field isn't noticeably better than what we had last year...

Reaction Score
Are we going to litigate this again, counselor?? ;)

I'm basing it on what seems to be a clear pattern of improvement as evidenced over the last 3 weeks. Areas of concern are improving (such as tackling, etc.). Players from the portal that we thought would be impact players are doing exactly that. Not just the "skill positions", but players on the lines as well (such as center, etc.).

Are all of our problems solved? No. And nobody is claiming that they are. But let's also not pretend that the product we're seeing on the field isn't noticeably better than what we had last year...
Don’t disagree that we’ve shown improvement. As hopeful as you are that the program is taking a big step up this year.

But we haven’t taken it yet. We’ve beaten at least one crap team and another that may or may not turn out to be crap at home, and are 0-2 on the road (yes, against 2 P-4 teams but we still haven’t shown we can beat anyone on the road (and won’t be able to until mid November)). Our margins and aesthetics are much better than where we’ve been. But the ‘22 team would probably be 2-2 now also. I’m just being more cautious as to how much we’ve learned — that’s all.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom