UConn vs. Florida Atlantic University Owls (Saturday 9/21/24 @7p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Florida Atlantic University Owls (Saturday 9/21/24 @7p @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Reaction Score
I watched the FAU press conference with Tom Herman on ESPN+. He said that UConn had probably the best OL that they will face so far. He mentioned that the 3-3-5 defense could be a problem with blitzers and twisters. He mentioned the run defense as well.

He had good things to say about Nick, Skyler and Cam although he didn't name them directly. And finally, he thought that if UConn was dropped back into the American that they would be one of the top 4 or 5 teams in conference.

Reaction Score
never even occurred to me. What are the gray lots? Are then general admission? Or another level or parking pass?
IMG_1163.jpeg

Reaction Score

-> Mora says that for Evers, who hasn’t been made available to media since coming to UConn, mistakes need to be fixed with live game reps.

“You can set up a practice for success or even challenges, but games, there’s just so many unknowns and the speed of the game and the competition and things you can’t anticipate happening,” Mora said. “…He can’t afford to take one single repetition in practice for granted. We have to make it as game-like as possible for him and he has to approach it like a game in order for him to improve. But the real improvement is gonna come in the game. Because the talent is there, you do see it.”

Mora continued: “But we have to eliminate the throws that are down in the dirt or the throws that are behind a guy when they’re wide open, and that’s just gonna come through experience and building confidence and building chemistry with those receivers… So I just come back to reps, reps, reps… getting reps, getting competitive reps in a game. It stunted his progress when he got hurt at Maryland, couldn’t finish out that game and didn’t get a chance to get the work versus Merrimack, when we had some success on offense. That could’ve been a real confidence builder. Now, I don’t think his confidence is lacking at all. I just think there’s some uncertainty at times because he hasn’t had enough repetition.” <-

Reaction Score

-> Mora says that for Evers, who hasn’t been made available to media since coming to UConn, mistakes need to be fixed with live game reps.

“You can set up a practice for success or even challenges, but games, there’s just so many unknowns and the speed of the game and the competition and things you can’t anticipate happening,” Mora said. “…He can’t afford to take one single repetition in practice for granted. We have to make it as game-like as possible for him and he has to approach it like a game in order for him to improve. But the real improvement is gonna come in the game. Because the talent is there, you do see it.”

Mora continued: “But we have to eliminate the throws that are down in the dirt or the throws that are behind a guy when they’re wide open, and that’s just gonna come through experience and building confidence and building chemistry with those receivers… So I just come back to reps, reps, reps… getting reps, getting competitive reps in a game. It stunted his progress when he got hurt at Maryland, couldn’t finish out that game and didn’t get a chance to get the work versus Merrimack, when we had some success on offense. That could’ve been a real confidence builder. Now, I don’t think his confidence is lacking at all. I just think there’s some uncertainty at times because he hasn’t had enough repetition.” <-

Not much of a football expert but not sure I get the equation of more game reps lead to not throwing the ball in the dirt or behind receivers. My homeboy Arch seemed to do pretty well for Texas with "few college game reps" under his belt.

Reaction Score
I along with the rest of you are hoping that we are not seeing an attempt to force a square peg into a round hole. 9 games left to show some serious improvement at being a competitive football team. Did any reporter ask how Cole Welliver is doing in practice? Or Joe Fagnano? In many ways this is a make or break season for us.

Reaction Score
Not much of a football expert but not sure I get the equation of more game reps lead to not throwing the ball in the dirt or behind receivers. My homeboy Arch seemed to do pretty well for Texas with "few college game reps" under his belt.
I am with you. Here is a QB in need of a redshirt year, get his four game appearances. Fagnano has the poise. Let him win some games.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing leading the 2s against UTs starting D equates to what Nick sees in practice

Reaction Score
I am with you. Here is a QB in need of a redshirt year, get his four game appearances. Fagnano has the poise. Let him win some games.
And to expand further, the approach being adopted now is similar to that of Bob Diaco who came in, played all his own guys because they needed the reps while more qualified players sat. WIN NOW!!!! You are paying players to win now. If they can't, play the players who have the necessary reps and who can.

Reaction Score

End around <<

-> There is no one on the UConn football team happier than wide receiver Skyler Bell that the Huskies will play their next six games at home.

"I'm not a big flyer," Bell said with a smile Tuesday. "I don't like flying. I get nervous on planes. So six in a row at home is fun starting with a night game at The Rent. Hopefully, it's packed and loud." <-

-> Being at home for an extended period will allow UConn to get into a routine and be comfortable. But there's only one way to build enthusiasm within the fan base and build momentum within the team — win.

"If you win you become more confident regardless of where you win," Mora said. "If you want me to take off my blinders and think about these six games, if you win and build momentum and your crowd size increases because they like to watch you play and you're winning at home, then there's more energy in the stadium and that helps you. It becomes a true home-field advantage. <-

Reaction Score
Due to prior commitments a few weeks ago this’ll be my first game of the year. Have an awesome tailgate planned too with friends.

Can’t wait.
who is that in your picture? sry if that's a uconn great and i'm an idiot.

Reaction Score
He's dug in. That's pretty clear. You expect improvement with more reps but how much improvement? And how many reps are needed? That's a question we're apparently going to see answered eventually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom