UConn Vs ECU game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Vs ECU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought the Stanford game was worse. Especially since their D wasn't as good this helter skelter ECU team has. They're small but quick.

When you say Stanford game I assume you are referring to the N.C. game about 5 years ago when UCONN scored 12 points during the first half. I believe Geno's quote was something like " I have never seen a UCONN team play like that. I don't know what to say." Then he wandered toward the locker room.

Reaction Score
I don't think I can sympathize with Geno's halftime madness. ECU is a very good team, had we played like we did against Stanford the score would be swapped.

Reaction Score
I can't believe he just blew off poor Kerith like that. I've never seen him so mad to do that to her. He just walked away from her before she could even say anything.
I'm thinking that maybe he knew what would come out of his mouth if he continued to talk or she asked a follow up question so he had the sense to stop it there. I doubt that it had anything to do with her and he probably wanted to spare her and the tv audience what he had on his mind. He can be a little bit of a hot head when he's really upset and it sounds like the first half performance really upset him.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So Chong's shooting percentage and ppg are up this year, but she's regressed? Still has an A\TO ration over 2, but she's regressed? Doesn't have any of the the 15 TOs today as of yet. So why pick on Saniya? Some of the top guards in the country have shot 44% and not had their fans crying about their form. Give her a break.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good start. Much more focused. It's just frustrating to watch them play that poorly--by their standards--when you know they have it in them to be great.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
When you say Stanford game I assume you are referring to the N.C. game about 5 years ago when UCONN scored 12 points during the first half. I believe Geno's quote was something like " I have never seen a UCONN team play like that. I don't know what to say." Then he wandered toward the locker room.

Well I was just thinking I didn't have to go back further than this season to provide an example of a poorer performance.

Reaction Score
Nice play, Mo to Stewie to Nurse for the basket. Jefferson then steals it and passes to Nurse for another easy bucket.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ECU has losses to Syracuse (by 9), Cleveland and USF. The Cleveland loss is probably mystifying. They have wins over Fairfield, URI, Delaware, Wisconsin and Ohio among others. Not a "great" resume, but not horrible either... Except for Cleveland...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Nurse has to play less out of control. She'll learn.

When I see a player go flying to the floor that bad and point back at the rebounder I can't help but think there was a lot of acting there. But still probably a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom