UConn Vs ECU game thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Vs ECU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When was the last time that Kaleena was our SIXTH leading scorer?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If you're ranked outside of the top 10 in the women's game, I don't think it really matters whether you're #20 or #50.
Sure but beating #39 East Carolina is still way better than beating #110 LSU any way yo want to slice it. A lot of fans are living in the past and haven't seen what's going on with a lot of the teams.

Reaction Score
247 games since the last time ECU has allowed 90 points, UConn won't do it and will end with 89 points.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have 89 late in the game. Scoring by class:

Seniors 13

Juniors 42

Sophomores 18

Freshmen 16

Putting Morgan with the rest of her 2012 recruiting class gives that trio 56 points. Yikes!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know, for the hoo ha over how UCONN Played in the first half...

Half one - 45-22
Half two - 44-16

Not saying they "looked" terrific in the first half, but the end results were almost identical. Also, we did have our walk ons in during the last 3 minutes... But remarkably similar in the scoring stats...

Reaction Score
Mo looks so tiny going through that hand shake line. Kerith w/Geno post-game: "I don't know that us being up 23 was because of how well we played, I thought we were up 23 because ECU just really struggles on offense and they caused us a lot of problems defensively with things that should not cause us problems, then we came out in the 2nd half and the game was played at a pace that we wanted to play. Team caught up in a frenetic pace in the first half. We have to dictate the pace of the game. When you go on the road you can't just fall into the style of play that the other team wants you to play. We need to be the more poised team, and when we leave here we're certainly going to have a lot to talk about besides the margin of victory."

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Mo looks so tiny going through that hand shake line. Kerith w/Geno post-game: "I don't know that us being up 23 was because of how well we played, I thought we were up 23 because ECU just really struggles on offense and they caused us a lot of problems defensively with things that should not cause us problems, then we came out in the 2nd half and the game was played at a pace that we wanted to play. Team caught up in a frenetic pace in the first half. We have to dictate the pace of the game. When you go on the road you can't just fall into the style of play that the other team wants you to play. We need to be the more poised team, and when we leave here we're certainly going to have a lot to talk about besides the margin of victory."

Classic Geno. There is always a "teachable moment."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Hoops gets my vote as the official Boneyard stenographer!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Overall a good test for the Huskies who will see a lot of scrappy grabbing defenses this year and need to learn how to pick them apart like they did to open up the 2nd half. Why play ECU again? Because the Pirates will learn from the game and come back with another tough defensive show the next time.

Reaction Score
Of all the players this year, Saniya has been the most disappointing. There are times when she looks scared and other times when she looks lost. I had high hopes for her coming out of high school. It's clear she has a long way to go. Moriah and Kia need to stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
... your negative Nelly routine is getting tired and old.

I rather like the overwhelming majority of your posts, as you well know, Eric, but I think you're off base here. I find Sluconn's posts very insightful and useful in getting a rounded understanding of the game as it unfolds.

Reaction Score
Nice job by SNY today. Stewie and Mo interviews after the game, and for once Geno's post-game press conference.

Reaction Score
Geno repeatedly said the first half was embarrassing and that they weren't going to come out for the second half, but they [the team] promised me they would be better.

Reaction Score
Of all the players this year, Saniya has been the most disappointing. There are times when she looks scared and other times when she looks lost. I had high hopes for her coming out of high school. It's clear she has a long way to go. Moriah and Kia need to stay out of foul trouble.

I have never seen someone who is willing to take all kinds of 3pt shot in HS and made them, be so hesitant and scared of taking an open shot like Chong. Her shooting confidence is gone, despite all the playing time she is getting. I can't imagine what the coaches are telling her in film session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom