UConn vs East Carolina game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs East Carolina game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, both Stef and K last year. I think Kaleena did it in the NCAA tourney.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Meg and Eric keep saying the third person to get a triple double in UCONN history, but didn't KML last season along with Dolson and then Lishness??

I could be wrong though

OMG, YES. I was just wondering about this. I was SURE there were two. Thank you, it's not just me! LOL!

Reaction Score
Why didn't play stop when Mo got hurt? She scored the basket and was down out of bounds, but they didn't stop play after the bucket so UConn had to play 4 on 5.

Reaction Score
Why didn't play stop when Mo got hurt? She scored the basket and was down out of bounds, but they didn't stop play after the bucket so UConn had to play 4 on 5.

ECU had possession; a time out can't be called until UConn regains possession or play is stopped. That's been a rule in basketball forever.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KML triple double

Write up by Rich Elliot... March 25, 2014...

How awesome that some UCONN fans know things that the announcers (and their crack team of statisticians) don't know!!

Reaction Score
ECU had possession; a time out can't be called until UConn regains possession or play is stopped. That's been a rule in basketball forever.
But I've seen the refs blow the whistle for a hurt player before even in the middle of a play. They just stop play and inbound it from the sideline.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wanted Kaleena to have a big game tonight. But I'm happy because her classmate and teammate had a huge game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Haven't seen the game yet, but did anyone notice last game when
MoJo went to the bench and was having her back stretched out?

Reaction Score
I about freaked out when Moriah was sitting there saying she couldn't move her legs!

I was watching the game where the Pats receiver got hit by the Oakland Raider player back in the day. He was paralyzed for the rest of his life.

It was a long commercial timeout before they showed her on her feet. Whew!!!

They should have her checked out at a hospital. Back problems will stay with you for the rest of your life. Better safe than sorry.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Yeah, both Stef and K last year. I think Kaleena did it in the NCAA tourney.
St Joe's - 2nd tourney game- KML was a monster that game. The entire Tmt actually !

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
But I've seen the refs blow the whistle for a hurt player before even in the middle of a play. They just stop play and inbound it from the sideline.
In this case, I think they/the refs, have discretion to not stop play until the downed player may be vulnerable in more play. Mo Jef was off the court and ECar was headed the other direction. This way, someone can't fake an injury to stop a play or fast break. I have seen them/ refs allow play to go on until the downed players team controls the ball, or play could injure the downed player.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In this case, I think they/the refs, have discretion to not stop play until the downed player may be vulnerable in more play. Mo Jef was off the court and ECar was headed the other direction. This way, someone can't fake an injury to stop a play or fast break. I have seen them/ refs allow play to go on until the downed players team controls the ball, or play could injure the downed player.
Yes - it is usually a safety issue when play is stopped when the other team has the ball - either likely head injury or possibility for further injury from the continuing play of other players.

Reaction Score
I was yelling when Kiah got the basket for the triple double! The smile and thrilled 'tude in post game interview was great! I hope she remembers this feeling for tjhe rest of this season!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
It's funny how UConn takes over and you don't even notice the severity of the landslide. I went to the game with my brother last night and about 8-10 minutes in, we were talking about feeling good for East Carolina. It seemed they had improved since the last game and they wouldn't lose by 51 this time. And then it just happens. You become so accustomed to the excellent play and teamwork that you don't even notice it's happening. And then you look up at the scoreboard with a couple of minutes left in the game and you realize they're going to lose by more than 51. It just happens.

Reaction Score
It's funny how UConn takes over and you don't even notice the severity of the landslide. I went to the game with my brother last night and about 8-10 minutes in, we were talking about feeling good for East Carolina. It seemed they had improved since the last game and they wouldn't lose by 51 this time. And then it just happens. You become so accustomed to the excellent play and teamwork that you don't even notice it's happening. And then you look up at the scoreboard with a couple of minutes left in the game and you realize they're going to lose by more than 51. It just happens.
Needs to happen Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69