UConn vs BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wth did I just watch
This guy just got pushed on to the next level of America's Got Talent this season. He got a great reaction from the judges since he came out without his cast of characters to start with his intro. Pretty funny. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Saw a UCONN shirt at the Stones Throw restaurant in York Beach last weekend. If you are a boneyarder give me a shout.
hows is stones throw. might be staying there after labor day for couple days

Reaction Score
hows is stones throw. might be staying there after labor day for couple days

I have never stayed there, but it is hard to beat the location. Their breakfast is good though the menu does not have a lot of variety, so it is not super kid friendly. I like to pop in there for a drink or two at lunch while waiting for takeout to bring to the beach.

Reaction Score

That's funny, but all joking aside, I think that's the good move. Shows kids that there is a deserving team in the northeast worth cheering for. Also, I wish UCONN would bring back the high school band day. I loved those as a high school marching band member and one of the reason I chose UConn over Seton Hall.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I played golf in the BC Law Alumni Golf Event yesterday at Walpole Country Club. There was some BC swag (not much), but I also saw this hat...it was on my head.

s-l225.jpg

Reaction Score
I played golf in the BC Law Alumni Golf Event yesterday at Walpole Country Club. There was some BC swag (not much), but I also saw this hat...it was on my head.

s-l225.jpg

I was in Boston last weekend with the family as for some reason, my oldest son insists that he is a Red Sox fan.Head bangwalking

Anyway, after a day walking around Back Bay, doing the Fenway Tour, dinner in the South End and the game itself, my youngest son tells me that I have a lot of friends in Boston because about at 20 people came up to me saying go Huskies as I had a UConn t-shirt and hat on (wanted to; but, did not want to start a fight at Fenway by wearing a Yankees hat, so UConn was neutral). It was a bit crazy, especially as many sports reporters, sports bloggers, and BC fans insist hat UConn has no market sway in Boston.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was in Boston last weekend with the family as for some reason, my oldest son insists that he is a Red Sox fan.Head bangwalking

Anyway, after a day walking around Back Bay, doing the Fenway Tour, dinner in the South End and the game itself, my youngest son tells me that I have a lot of friends in Boston because about at 20 people came up to me saying go Huskies as I had a UConn t-shirt and hat on (wanted to; but, did not want to start a fight at Fenway by wearing a Yankees hat, so UConn was neutral). It was a bit crazy, especially as many sports reporters, sports bloggers, and BC fans insist hat UConn has no market sway in Boston.

It's funny. I've run in to several UConn grads in metro Boston. Here's why I think you see so many UConn hats and shirts in Boston.

If you went to BU: you don't care about sports, except maybe hockey.
If you went to Northeastern, Brandeis, Wellesley, Tufts, Harvard, Babson, Bentley, Emerson or whatever: you don't care about sports
If you went to BC, about 75% of you don't care about sports. The other 25% are split between hockey and football. Many of the football fans are older alumni.
If you went to UMass: you cared about basketball while you were there, and now you don't.
If you went to UConn: you support the sports teams now and until the day you die. We have a very high rate of ongoing following from alumni. So it doesn't take many. We do send quite a few alumni to Boston, and they have a disproportionate impact.

Reaction Score
That's funny, but all joking aside, I think that's the good move. Shows kids that there is a deserving team in the northeast worth cheering for. Also, I wish UCONN would bring back the high school band day. I loved those as a high school marching band member and one of the reason I chose UConn over Seton Hall.

What?

UConn versus Seton Hall was a real dilemma?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
What?

UConn versus Seton Hall was a real dilemma?

I really liked the campus at Seton Hall. Didn't (and still don't to an extend) care about basketball so that was a nonfactor. Just really enjoyed the campus feel.

Reaction Score
I have been to 100 campuses ... never Seton Hall. I can't imagine. But, for your sake, I will picture Amherst buildings in East Orange.

Reaction Score
I have been to 100 campuses ... never Seton Hall. I can't imagine. But, for your sake, I will picture Amherst buildings in East Orange.

Lol. I think it was the music department. I thought the building was gorgeous. Also enjoyed the thought of smaller classes. But in the end I chose UConn over Seton Hall, West conn, Hartford, new Haven and Berkley college of music. So I think I made the right choice haha

Reaction Score

I've caught a few soccer games at Hall, including UConn. The campus is OK; but, getting to the campus from the south and east (I-78 and GSP respectively ) through Irvington and the north (I-280) is not a great experience. The nearest train station to NYC from S Orange is not much better. Overall, it reminds me a lot of Springfield College (less D1 Sports) and Providence College (outside of downtown and College and Federal Hills, Providence is not the best).

Reaction Score
Anytime I have on UConn anything in Boston I get a ton of love. We don't get credit for it because unlike NYC we haven't played a ton of high profile games there. I may be remembering this wrong but did we turn down a game at Fenway as a return for the 2009 game at ND and it eventually became the ND vs BC game there? Bug mistake if I'm remembering right.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Anytime I have on UConn anything in Boston I get a ton of love. We don't get credit for it because unlike NYC we haven't played a ton of high profile games there. I may be remembering this wrong but did we turn down a game at Fenway as a return for the 2009 game at ND and it eventually became the ND vs BC game there? Bug mistake if I'm remembering right.
I "think" it was a yeah we will play you on the road but 3 of your home games will be at Gillette or Fenway and 3 at Giants Stadium or whatever that dump is called these days. We will throw ya a bone and play at The Rent in 2030 or something stupid like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom