UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews

Reaction Score
I am glad Geno threw it back to Michelle Voepel when she said even Lebron and Geno's daughter said it was a foul.
As always Geno's response was dead on. I also appreciate the way he uses humor.

Michelle was rather bush league bring Geno's daughter into the presser. Why not talk about an old guy who was sitting in Arizona and thought it was a wonderful no call. Probably a lot more important things to explore in a limited opportunity to ask coach a question.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ridiculous and wrong for the media (2 articles on ESPN already) to focus on “controversial no call.” I counted at least 4 fouls that Baylor got away with throughout the game.
As soon as ESPN realizes they need to hype the FF games, this will go into the dustbin of history.

Already, Peck brought up how Paige was used as a trampoline (my words)

Reaction Score
I didn't watch live (thank goodness). I listened to a little of Carrington and a little of Mulkey and all I heard was complaining. So I skipped those and listened to Paige and Geno. I love Paige's humbleness (if that's a word), and Geno's practicle philosophy. I'm glad they won, but wished they were a little kinder to my heart.... It's still beating a mile a minute and I can't get off the edge of my seat.

Reaction Score
That's the problem when you think one play changed the outcome. Feel sorry for Didi Richards. However, UConn has lost a number of players during the tournament: Svetlana, Shea, Sue, Caroline, Morgan, Katie Lou. Probably missed somebody. It's part of the game. Who can stay healthy.

Reaction Score
As always Geno's response was dead on. I also appreciate the way he uses humor.

Michelle was rather bush league bring Geno's daughter into the presser. Why not talk about an old guy who was sitting in Arizona and thought it was a wonderful no call. Probably a lot more important things to explore in a limited opportunity to ask coach a question.
That was me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, I can appreciate being disappointed about the loss, but it was a really bad look for them to be whining about a no call at the end of play and be begging people for articles.

Reaction Score
As soon as ESPN realizes they need to hype the FF games, this will go into the dustbin of history.

Already, Peck brought up how Paige was used as a trampoline (my words)
Bout to be tons of irritated people at the amount of Bueckers hype you will see over the next 5-6 days. ESPN will wear out those Big Game Bueckers bumpers coming out of commercial breaks.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is typical Mechelle Voepel fare. She's more comfortable as a gossip columnist than as a sports journalist.

Reaction Score
ExstoxLWYAIjDdA

I don’t know what was going on here

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bout to be tons of irritated people at the amount of Bueckers hype you will see over the next 5-6 days. ESPN will wear out those Big Game Bueckers bumpers coming out of commercial breaks.
I hope Paige will embrace and have fun having the target on her back. That is where a little extra channeling of DT would help.

Reaction Score
Exactly four years ago, with seconds left, Saniya Chong dribbled into the lane and no foul was called on the Miss State defender who contested Saniya's shot. Free throws would have won that Final Four game for UConn. I do not recall Geno or Saniya whining through any post-game interviews.

Reaction Score
"So a call is a call, and you got to live with it." Geno

He also said it clear: lots of fouls in the first half against UConn and not Baylor. How come those fouls committed by Baylor were not called.

Reaction Score
Classy UCONN.
Not-so-classy Baylor.
Where’s the props Kim?
Glad Geno is our coach.
On to Arizona!!

Reaction Score
I'll repeat what someone said earlier because I think it is worth repeating. The refs decided early on that they were going to allow contact and let the players play. For them to change the way they were calling the game with less than 5 seconds to go would have been unconscionable. I blame the media more than anyone. They did their best to create a controversy rather than report on a truly great game. Shame on them.

Reaction Score
I think its pretty bad when one of our alumni goes on twitter and complains about the call. If you think it, you don't have to say it publicly. I'm sorry I have to say it, but just shut up Swin.
Lost a little respect for Swin and and Geno's daughter. You can say the last play was a foul, but to discredit what these ladies did for the entire game against a very very aggressive Baylor defense and many non calls that went Baylor's way is again taking away from the game and the girls who played in a great battle. Stinks that we get lost on how awesome this game was because of the many different runs.

I'm proud of the way Paigea and UCONN handled this and hope they use it as motivation. If ANYONE should be complaining from refs in this game it should be PAIGE BUCKETS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom