UCONN vs. Baylor game plan | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. Baylor game plan

Reaction Score
If you are Geno and Kim what's your game plan on Offense and Defense for the UCONN vs. Baylor game? Who guards who?

Reaction Score
Seems simple on offense. Run up and down full speed. Make Cox price she’s already back to 100%. She moves well for her size but Liv is already quicker. Sprint the court and see if you can get easy buckets in transition and good position down low early.

Defensively I play it straight up. Liv can guard her without help. She needs to avoid early fouls and make Cox work to get baskets.

Reaction Score
Far too soon for this discussion....
Yes, if you want to prepare for Baylor do so by improving our game against upcoming opponents, including improving three point shooting defense. Playing weaker teams isn’t about padding your won-lost record, it is about putting your strategy into action, it is about getting your players on court game practice.

Reaction Score
If you are Geno and Kim what's your game plan on Offense and Defense for the UCONN vs. Baylor game? Who guards who?
The ultra simple game plan for Baylor: Get Uconn in early foul trouble. Work on ONO and Walker. Play half court packed in Offense. Work it inside and hope ONO picks up those defensive fouls. Shoot those easy threes that Uconn tends to give. Zone defense for the first half. Don't let Uconn force you into a running game.
Slow it down on every position but take the easy given shots.
Uconn's game plan: Feed ONO. Stay out of foul trouble. Play your game. Hope Anna and Aubrey play to their talent.

Reaction Score
It took a bit with the holiday and all but channeling the inner self as Kim she came back a bit snarky with
"Oklahoma is our next game!"
Moving the thoughts to Geno with his typical scratch of the head and out came "did I miss the Wichita St and SMU games?"

Reaction Score
It took a bit with the holiday and all but channeling the inner self as Kim she came back a bit snarky with
"Oklahoma is our next game!"
Moving the thoughts to Geno with his typical scratch of the head and out came "did I miss the Wichita St and SMU games?"
You got to give it to Kim. She handled that well. Obviously, knows Uconn's schedule better than some uconn fans.

Reaction Score
Seems simple on offense. Run up and down full speed. Make Cox price she’s already back to 100%. She moves well for her size but Liv is already quicker. Sprint the court and see if you can get easy buckets in transition and good position down low early.

Defensively I play it straight up. Liv can guard her without help. She needs to avoid early fouls and make Cox work to get baskets.
This just ME being ME. Olivia may be quicker, a better post, etc. I'd like to hedge my bets so I'd like to see Aubrey working down at the post with Olivia and protect her a bit. That allows Megan, Danger, CW, or irwin to get some easy rebound and hopefully easy layups. Every team is beatable. The difference between a team that has an 12 and 0 record to one with 11 and 1, is the loss. I doubt Geno shall expect that game as more than that.

Reaction Score
Bad mojo to look past the next couple of games. :mad:
Far too soon for this discussion....
Yes, if you want to prepare for Baylor do so by improving our game against upcoming opponents, including improving three point shooting defense. Playing weaker teams isn’t about padding your won-lost record, it is about putting your strategy into action, it is about getting your players on court game practice.

While true for the team, we fans can't lose a game due to a lack of focus. ;)

Reaction Score
Baylor plays Okla on 1/4, it will be their first real road game. Then they
will travel to the XL Center to play us on 1/8. I was surprised that this
will be only their 2nd road game of the season. Hopefully, this will
benefit the Huskies.

Reaction Score
benefit the Huskies.

Two months of the season go by before Baylor plays a road game. Let’s not hear any more criticism about UConn’s OOC schedule. :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
benefit the Huskies.
The Baylor game is on Thursday 1/9.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Two months of the season go by before Baylor plays a road game. Let’s not hear any more criticism about UConn’s OOC schedule. :rolleyes:
Just to be clear, 3 of Baylor’s games, including the loss to SC, were played on a neutral court in St Thomas.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very excited to see how are young guys perform. I think we know what we will get from Meg and Crystal but everyone else is a bit of a mystery in a game of such magnitude. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Understood. Still ain’t a true road game. And that’s not by accident.

One season about 3-4 years ago, Baylor's first road game of the season was a B12 conference game @Oklahoma State, they lost that game. Baylor's point guard (Niya Johnson) was injured, and did not play in that game. Kim scheduled ALL of their OOC games that year at home.

BTW - Niya Johnson was hired by the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor women's basketball program as an assistant coach.

Link

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Actually, if I heard correctly, Liv in her Pre game presser said they are working on prep for Wichita St and Baylor. An interesting admission

Reaction Score
Let's see: what would be the game plan ---- make the ball go through the hoop more than Baylor and keep Baylor from scoring as many baskets. Make 3's; give the Ball to Liv and hope they foul her more than she fouls them; Chrystin, Megan, and Crystal drive the basket hoping to get fouled and/or make the basket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom