UCONN vs. Baylor game plan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. Baylor game plan

Reaction Score
One would be crazy not to incorporate strategies for Baylor in the Wichita and SMU strategies for the practice.... I don't think that means looking ahead. 3 pt defense works for all opponents for example....

Reaction Score
Lauren presents problems other bigs don't. She's mobile, can shoot and pass, and she's strong. We'll see what happens come game day. Until then, it's Wichita St tonight.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
It seems that some on here are worried about defending Baylor 3pt shooting.

Forget IT!

Baylor doesn't shoot the 3 often or with any great accuracy, for example:

50 percent on 2pt shots (145 for 288)

37 percent on 3pt shots (27 for 73)

If we subtract Landrum's 14 for 23 career night vs Arkansas (a game they won 111 to 43)
.... they are shooting 26 percent from the 3pt line (13 for 50)

Nah, 12 to 15 3pt shots, making 4 - sooo, they will be shooting mostly from 15 feet and in.

UCONN by 18

Reaction Score
Little do you know about mojo. Head bang

Absolutely. Fans can’t muck up the game but we sure can do damage to the mojo

Mojo and I have had a long relationship and I have a great deal of respect for it. Talking about a future game doesn't offend Mojo as long as it makes no prediction, unlike the post below.

........... Forget IT! ............

......... UCONN by 18

Bad mojo is someone saying "nice birdie" when my putt is 2 feet from the hole or someone saying "she can't lose now" when my horse is 200 yards from the finish line. Head bang

Reaction Score
A little too optimistic. Baylor is the defending NC, and with Lauren Cox back, they will be a handful. If UConn wins, it will be extremely close, 2 or 3 points.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
A little too optimistic. Baylor is the defending NC, and with Lauren Cox back, they will be a handful. If UConn wins, it will be extremely close, 2 or 3 points.
Sorry, being the defending NC has nothing to do with this season (especially against our Huskies).
Well, on second thought, maybe if you are the 2 or 3 time defending NC, it might. But only 1 team in recent years knows how that worked out...:rolleyes:

I feel kinda sad that BU is going to miss out on seeing our 11 NC banners when they walk onto the court.

Reaction Score
It seems that some on here are worried about defending Baylor 3pt shooting.

Forget IT!

Baylor doesn't shoot the 3 often or with any great accuracy, for example:

50 percent on 2pt shots (145 for 288)

37 percent on 3pt shots (27 for 73)

If we subtract Landrum's 14 for 23 career night vs Arkansas (a game they won 111 to 43)
.... they are shooting 26 percent from the 3pt line (13 for 50)

Nah, 12 to 15 3pt shots, making 4 - sooo, they will be shooting mostly from 15 feet and in.

UCONN by 18
lol Baylor won’t lose by 18 I can guarantee that

Reaction Score
The match ups are most likely going to be
Te’a Cooper vs Crystal Dangerfield
Juicy Landrum vs christyn Williams
DiDi Richards vs Megan walker
Lauren cox vs ONO
Nalyssa Smith vs Kyla Irwin or whoever starts for her

Reaction Score
Predict Geno will start Anna or give Kyla minimal minutes. While most of us want to see Kyla play as much as possible, team flow seems better when Kyla not in and against Baylor we will need every advantage.

Reaction Score
Smith is a problem, biggest issue I see is ONO foul trouble.
I did notice Baylor had commited lots of fouls against Okla,
Cox 4, Smith 4, Landrum 4, Cooper 3 and Richards 2. That
could be an issue for Baylor against us. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
I feel like Baylor is gonna be the Hardest Game. They are just so deep and If we get in foul trouble, We are doomed. I think Baylor will win it.

Reaction Score
I feel like Baylor is gonna be the Hardest Game. They are just so deep and If we get in foul trouble, We are doomed. I think Baylor will win it.
Did you see Oregon womp on Colorado the other day? OMG they looked good. A very mature team, used to playing with each other for years, not having to think about anything. They were super aggressive and just surgically dismantled Colorado. I know - it WAS Colorado. But man, the Ducks looked VERY good. I'm nervous about them now.

Reaction Score
Did you see Oregon womp on Colorado the other day? OMG they looked good. A very mature team, used to playing with each other for years, not having to think about anything. They were super aggressive and just surgically dismantled Colorado. I know - it WAS Colorado. But man, the Ducks looked VERY good. I'm nervous about them now.

I saw this as well. UCONN will earn its undefeated season this year. Baylor looks to have the advantage Thursday but the game is being played in Connecticut so that evens things out. Oregon looks like a championship team today period. Another quiet match up that i think UCONN will struggle with more so than usual this year is South Carolina. They literally have the talent to compete with UCONN and possibly win the game. Chances are higher than ever with this squad Dawn has put together. Easily a championship caliber team as well.
Title contenders below
UCONN
BAYLOR
OREGON
SOUTH CAROLINA
STANFORD

I’m not sold on the beavers yet ....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can we worry about Wichita St and SMU first??? Let’s game plan for Wichita St

Now that the SMU game is behind us, we can turn/focus our collective attention to Baylor. How do we beat them? :confused:

Reaction Score
As of today, UCONN is a 4 1/2 point favorite vs. Baylor. We'll see it that changes during the week.

Reaction Score
Predict Geno will start Anna or give Kyla minimal minutes. While most of us want to see Kyla play as much as possible, team flow seems better when Kyla not in and against Baylor we will need every advantage.
I’d have to say it’s 50/50 between Kyla and Anna. Anna plays better perimeter defense and is better with ball handling and driving to the basket, but Irwin has been better from the 3 pt line, is a better screener, and has shown she is very very good at the high post. Overall their passing is about equal. I hope they play together because I could see them playing off each other well.

Reaction Score
IMO there’s no wing tandem in the country like our 3 in Dangerfield-Williams-Walker. I expect Geno to have those three prepared to hunt for their buckets against Baylor, someone will drop 30 because they’ll have to for a win. Baylor’s guards are long but they aren’t our three girls.

ONO has her work cut out for her Thursday night but I hope she learns a lesson in just how aggressive we need her to be. Kyla needs to stay within herself & not let the big moment scare her. Aubrey & Anna need to be steady as subs and not panic as well. I’m excited for this game & think we’ll win if we score 70+

Reaction Score
UConn has to speed up the game. Baylor is too big, physical & has too much quality depth if this turns into a half-court grind-it-out game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom