UConn vs Arizona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Arizona

Reaction Score
I believe that Arizona is in fact a very good match-up for UCONN. They are not very imposing up front and are not a very good offensive team minus points from turnovers and some spectacular doings from McDonald, who was not a very efficient scorer during the regular season (vs. her stats in the tournament). They are also prone to long scoring droughts and, other that whatever moves/shots McDonald conjures, really don't do all that well in the half court. On the other hand, they are tough defensively.

So, even at their very best on the offensive side of things, I don't think they can score with UCONN unless the Huskies have a boatload of live ball turnovers
Hope you're right about McDonald. Hard to forget Mississippi State and William a few years ago. Saved her best for the tournament.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Saw that too. I don't know why with UCONN as an east coast gets the later game and Stanford, a west coast team, gets the earlier time slot. 9:30 PM EST is really not prime time viewing for the east coast. The same for 6:00 PM EST for the west coast.
East coast - west coast doesn't matter. Both games have one team from the east and one from the west.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
A very cool nugget on the Final 4 I saw on Twitter but can no longer find:

As a player, Adia Barnes lost to UConn & Geno in the NCAA tournament.
As a player, Dawn Staley lost to Stanford & Tara in the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
I wonder who McDonald will guard, she could likely get in the head of Williams taking her out of the game.

Reaction Score
Saw that too. I don't know why with UCONN as an east coast gets the later game and Stanford, a west coast team, gets the earlier time slot. 9:30 PM EST is really not prime time viewing for the east coast. The same for 6:00 PM EST for the west coast.
Thy should move the whole thing up a couple of hours. It is really unfair for one team to have to play so late. That is true regardless of whether we play in that slot or not!

Reaction Score
I am more concerned with how Geno uses his bench. I wasn’t happy with how he used players in Baylor game. I realize that he was combating their bigs, which is why AG was used so much, but as exciting a player as she is, the offense suffers. I suspect if we had had Nika supplying that defensive energy, it would have been Anna, not AG, who would have racked up minutes. So given Nika’s absence, I give Geno a pass.

Reaction Score
I am more concerned with how Geno uses his bench. I wasn’t happy with how he used players in Baylor game. I realize that he was combating their bigs, which is why AG was used so much, but as exciting a player as she is, the offense suffers. I suspect if we had had Nika supplying that defensive energy, it would have been Anna, not AG, who would have racked up minutes. So given Nika’s absence, I give Geno a pass.
Geno just called to thank you for understanding. Said your line was busy - asked me to pass along the message. ?

Reaction Score
S. Carolina is in EDT and Arizona is in MST = PDT

Reaction Score
I’m sure he’s thankful

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Because none of these players were a part of 11-0......they live in the moment ..
So, they don't have pride in UConn? They don't connect to any past players like Rebcca Lobo? DT? Maya Moore? Breanna Stewart? Sue Bird?

Reaction Score
I hope that we don't make the mistake that Maryland did by underestimating Texas. I don't think the coaching staff will allow that to happen, but there is a temptation to look past the most unlikely Final Four team.

Someone should just whisper 'Chelsea Dungee', each time the players seem unfocused

Reaction Score
I hope that we don't make the mistake that Maryland did by underestimating Texas. I don't think the coaching staff will allow that to happen, but there is a temptation to look past the most unlikely Final Four team.

Someone should just whisper 'Chelsea Dungee', each time the players seem unfocused
I don't think we have underestimated anyone including High Point. If we lose it will be because Arizona played better than us..Period.

Reaction Score
A very cool nugget on the Final 4 I saw on Twitter but can no longer find:

As a player, Adia Barnes lost to UConn & Geno in the NCAA tournament.
As a player, Dawn Staley lost to Stanford & Tara in the NCAA Tournament.
As a player Dawn beat Geno in the FF before losing to Tennessee but still the MOP of the FF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom