UConn vs #5 BU (11/18 - 7pm -- @ BU 11/19 - 7pm) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs #5 BU (11/18 - 7pm -- @ BU 11/19 - 7pm)

Reaction Score
What was the reason?
It better have been good because I don't like the idea of a newspaper letting a coach dictate who covers a team.
Not too sure...it's not the first time this has happened. Calhoun had it done before as well. It's actually pretty easy...coach just freezes out reporter and they can't get things done. I'm sure the Courant doesn't want to alienate the WBB crowd. IMHO Altavilla and Amore are lazy and do just enough to get by.

Reaction Score
Not too sure...it's not the first time this has happened. Calhoun had it done before as well. It's actually pretty easy...coach just freezes out reporter and they can't get things done. I'm sure the Courant doesn't want to alienate the WBB crowd. IMHO Altavilla and Amore are lazy and do just enough to get by.

There was that incident during the NCAA tourney where Altavilla started tweeting about the apparel of the Texas cheerleaders. There might have been problems before that, but it looks like that incident pretty much got him dismissed from the UConn women's basketball beat. It should be noted he is still the Courant reporter for Connecticut Sun basketball.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom