UConn vs #3 BC - 11/22/16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs #3 BC - 11/22/16

Reaction Score
Crowd was fine. Huskies needed to come out in the 2nd period and grind out the 2nd goal but instead came out flat which didn't make sense since they should've been flying high after getting the goal late in the 1st and were sent off to the locker room in good fashion. I still think Masonius is a liability, it seemed like whenever BC got most of their pressure and possession near the UConn goal he was involved and we also had to burn the TO because he couldn't clear it out. In addition that putrid line change I'm pretty sure was made by him.
Crowd wasn't fine to me...the end closest to UConn's bench was pretty much empty...across from the bench was a bit sparse. Those aren't student sections...those are the sections you yourself have said here many times are always full for weeknight games. I think this is gonna be the avg crowd you will see for a HE game unless UConn is ranked and it's a top 10 match-up. Not bad at all compared to rest of the league but the days of 7-8K for BC or BU is pretty much over till the scenario I just mentioned happens.

Reaction Score
That is why I did not and do not put much stock in their offensive output against the Alabama-Huntsvilles and AICs of the world. They have another one coming up on Saturday against Sacred Heart.

The only way support improves if they start beating BC, BU, and Quinnipiac at home. They will not create buzz and an increase in attendance by beating Alabama-Huntsville in front of 2000 people. They have to be able to put on a show in front of their bigger crowds.

Reaction Score
Crowd wasn't fine to me...the end closest to UConn's bench was pretty much empty...across from the bench was a bit sparse. Those aren't student sections...those are the sections you yourself have said here many times are always full for weeknight games. I think this is gonna be the avg crowd you will see for a HE game unless UConn is ranked and it's a top 10 match-up. Not bad at all compared to rest of the league but the days of 7-8K for BC or BU is pretty much over till the scenario I just mentioned happens.

Said they're always full for WEEKNIGHT games? Huh? Don't think I've ever said that lol especially since I'm very familiar with our attendance figures dating back to 14-15.. Again, wasn't at all bad, the lower bowl (which seats 5,600) was 90% full and is better than what BC or BU or most anybody in the Country could do on a Tuesday night. Would've been nice to have more? Sure and I was personally hoping for 6k+ but Mac's comment above could be tapping into something. The casuals might need a signature win or 2 to hold their attention. Who knows. All I can control is that I show up and I have to every game thus far this season like I'm sure you guys have.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The Huskies couldn't get out of their own way tonight.BC got stronger as the game went on.That's why they're ranked 3'rd in the nation.
True dat. Disappointing, but they will learn and grow.

Reaction Score
Said they're always full for WEEKNIGHT games? Huh? Don't think I've ever said that lol especially since I'm very familiar with our attendance figures dating back to 14-15.. Again, wasn't at all bad, the lower bowl (which seats 5,600) was 90% full and is better than what BC or BU or most anybody in the Country could do on a Tuesday night. Would've been nice to have more? Sure and I was personally hoping for 6k+ but Mac's comment above could be tapping into something. The casuals might need a signature win or 2 to hold their attention. Who knows. All I can control is that I show up and I have to every game thus far this season like I'm sure you guys have.
Go back and read some of your previous back and forth about a on-campus arena with me. I said it above as well....and I will say it again....This is what attendance is going to be until this team is ranked and plays a top 10 match with someone like BC or BU. It isn't a bad thing at all compared to the other HE schools..again what I also wrote above. Attendance has capped out at around 5000-5500. You have to admit that the end closest to the UConn bench was pretty empty though. As for showing up to every game..when you live 20 minutes away and don't work a rotating schedule it's pretty easy to do. Fortunately since I buy 2 season tickets and don't purchase them from a scalper I have earned the right to say what ever I want regarding attendance. And oh yeah since I can't go to every home game @TheDoggPound I subscribe to Huskyvision as well. That's how I know your statement of the lower bowl being 90% full is a reach. The view behind the goal closest to UConn's bench was empty seats for about 2/3's of that section ALL game.

As for your view of the game...add the 4th and 5th goals on Gendron..he was either tired or just got lazy skating back and was clearly beat. That change wasn't on Masonius alone..the group of forwards needs to make sure the puck gets deep or at least on the offensive has of the redline if UConn doesn't have possession. They jumped off as a group basically leaving a freebee there for the taking. You and I may agree on the football board but we aren't going to here pretty much 90% of the time.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was great, especially considering that there was a women's basketball home game at the exact same time in Storrs.

Reaction Score
That is why I did not and do not put much stock in their offensive output against the Alabama-Huntsvilles and AICs of the world. They have another one coming up on Saturday against Sacred Heart.

The only way support improves if they start beating BC, BU, and Quinnipiac at home. They will not create buzz and an increase in attendance by beating Alabama-Huntsville in front of 2000 people. They have to be able to put on a show in front of their bigger crowds.
1500 people.I was one of them.

Reaction Score
What was with the $23 dollar ticket prices right before game day? I hope UConn doesn't go there. North Dakota is $40+ a game? There's a lot of options for entertainment around here. The Civic Center is a historic building but it's not as if it's Matthews Arena or even Ingalls. Yale doesn't sell out against "lower competition". I don't see the Civic Center being torn down. There's really no reason. Clean it up, though.

These players need to learn to play a full 60 minutes.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
What was with the $23 dollar ticket prices right before game day? I hope UConn doesn't go there. North Dakota is $40+ a game? There's a lot of options for entertainment around here. The Civic Center is a historic building but it's not as if it's Matthews Arena or even Ingalls. Yale doesn't sell out against "lower competition". I don't see the Civic Center being torn down. There's really no reason. Clean it up, though.

These players need to learn to play a full 60 minutes.
All the pricing is opponent based. I think games vary from $17-$23 per game.

Reaction Score
$23 a ticket for games against BU and BC is pretty standard. I've paid $25 at Northeastern and Merrimack and just paid $30 for Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom