UConn vs #3 BC - 11/22/16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs #3 BC - 11/22/16

Reaction Score
Brian Morgan continues to play well...good addition IMHO. Thompson looks to be coasting a bit tonight...this kind of game is where I'd like to see him establish himself using his size to make a difference.

Reaction Score
bus-accident.jpg

Reaction Score
Another BC goal...4-1 now...as Griner just said..the ice bus is coming apart now

Reaction Score
Cav must have seeked out Fiasco for time out advice tonight...he used his timeout in the 2nd...could really use it now

Reaction Score
That should be about it..JD Dudek with the hat trick...right around Gendron..Miles has been beaten a few times tonight. 5-2 BC

Reaction Score
The Huskies couldn't get out of their own way tonight.BC got stronger as the game went on.That's why they're ranked 3'rd in the nation.

Reaction Score
Brian Morgan continues to play well...good addition IMHO. Thompson looks to be coasting a bit tonight...this kind of game is where I'd like to see him establish himself using his size to make a difference.
I know it is still only 14 games in but I thought the top line of Thompson and Letunov would have taken a bigger step forward this season.

I know this is sac religious but for all the talk coming into this season about Thompson's lack of scoring goals 5 on 5 last season, he has not scored one since Colgate, 12 games ago, and his only other two came against Alabama-Huntsville. He has 0 goals, PP or even strength, during Hockey East play (6 games).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just like the home game against #5 BU, I'm really disappointed in the disappearing act of Thompson and Letunov.
Last year There seemed to be a ton of excitement anytime they stepped on the ice.
Maybe they should be separated at some point soon

Reaction Score
Mac just was writing as u posted it
Couldn't agree more.
Letunov was a typical Russian genius with the puck last year. This year not so much. And Thompson is just playing like a big boy without much finish

Reaction Score
That was inexcusable! Get burned like that on a change...cant happen!
One of the worst line changes I have witnessed.

They did almost have a chance at a 2 on 0 breakaway in the second period but it was a terrible pass by Freeman straight to the BC defenseman.

Reaction Score
Tage Thompson
6 Hockey East Games
0 Goals
4 Assists
15 shots on goal

Geezus. Shake it up Cavanaugh.

Reaction Score
One of the worst line changes I have witnessed.

They did almost have a chance at a 2 on 0 breakaway in the second period but it was a terrible pass by Freeman straight to the BC defenseman.
That's the difference between very good and blah, right? They burn us on a bad line change and score. Then we have a chance on a 2 on 0 (I think by a bad BC line change) and we pass it to the only defender in the way, right on his stick, tape to tape.

Reaction Score
Crowd was fine. Huskies needed to come out in the 2nd period and grind out the 2nd goal but instead came out flat which didn't make sense since they should've been flying high after getting the goal late in the 1st and were sent off to the locker room in good fashion. I still think Masonius is a liability, it seemed like whenever BC got most of their pressure and possession near the UConn goal he was involved and we also had to burn the TO because he couldn't clear it out. In addition that putrid line change I'm pretty sure was made by him.

Reaction Score
And to you guys talking about ticket prices there's a scalper outside the XL that buys a block of seats and sells at a discount, buy from him. He stands in front at the corner of the Church Street Garage but he won't be at the SHU game and the following game you can buy for $12 if you wear Whalers gear (game vs. UMass-Lowell)

Reaction Score
Do they ever practice hitting the puck up the boards with authority to clear it out of the defensive zone?
I find myself about 20 times a game pulling my hair out when they choose to pass it to the center of the defensive zone instead or just lift it lightly up the boards where it's picked off.
And it is OK to ice the puck from your own end once in awhile instead of getting cute with it after 60 second of it being in the zone.

Reaction Score
Third game in five nights for UConn, that's a real tough turnaround, especially when BC only played Friday night and lost. York is probably the best coach in the history of the sport turning his team around after a loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom