UConn vs. #19 BC (Friday 11/8/19 @ Kelley Rink @ 7p & Saturday 11/9/19 @ XL Center @ 3:30p on NESN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. #19 BC (Friday 11/8/19 @ Kelley Rink @ 7p & Saturday 11/9/19 @ XL Center @ 3:30p on NESN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And I used to get blasted for saying Cavanaugh can't coach. Now you know.

There's really just one poster doing the blasting and thankfully he is now clearly in the minority. Imagine watching this game tonight and thinking things are just fine.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
For those of you wondering his 5 year contract runs out after the 2020-2021 season. He's making about 330K per year.
What is the going rate for HE head coaches in terms of salary? I found Gendron from Maine getting about 215K. Bazin from UMass Lowell makes roughly 500K while Carvel at Amerhest made about 318K (Due for a raise I'd say).
Sneddon at VT is making about 290K.

There’s an interesting point coming up, since he’s only got one year left on his deal. But college hockey coaches get forever. Everywhere. Doesn’t matter if they win, hell it doesn’t even matter if the players humiliate the university in some cases (hi, Vermont!). If I had to guess? There’s a new three-year deal that gets announced in May so he gets to coach in a new building.

It stinks, but it is what it is. Most programs have this happen. They get to a point where the fans realize the guy in charge isn’t going to be good enough. So you just hope he gets lightning in a bottle one March.

...provided he can even get them qualified for the tournament.

Reaction Score
Already down 2-0 in first period. This is gonna be a long year for the ice bus. They look terrible.

Reaction Score
I’m at the game. Is being outshot 23-6 in the first bad? Especially after being humiliated the night before?

I also don’t want to hear about the fan base anymore. Really solid crowd for a program that’s given them no reason to be here.

Reaction Score
UConn shouldn’t fire Cavanaugh. Stay the course. The clock shouldn’t even start on Cavanaugh until he gets on campus facilities. Once he gets his on campus rink and training facilities give him 4 years.

Reaction Score
UConn shouldn’t fire Cavanaugh. Stay the course. The clock shouldn’t even start on Cavanaugh until he gets on campus facilities. Once he gets his on campus rink and training facilities give him 4 years.

The same people saying we need to wait for the facilities also are the ones who try telling us he’s a great recruiter. (he’s not)

Reaction Score
3-0 and to be honest it’s not that close. I have never seen the gap between BC and UConn be as large as it is now. It’s a complete embarrassment

Reaction Score
The same people saying we need to wait for the facilities also are the ones who try telling us he’s a great recruiter. (he’s not)
He recruits well. He just coaches players into prima donna mentalities instead of grinders.

Reaction Score
I never said he’s a great recruiter. This is hockey east. There is a pecking order to recruiting. BC and BU get the pick of the the litter, then PC, NU, UMass Lowell, UNH, and UMass, then everyone else in the league.

zls44

Reaction Score
He recruits well. He just coaches players into prima donna mentalities instead of grinders.

grinders suck

zls44

Reaction Score
I never said he’s a great recruiter. This is hockey east. There is a pecking order to recruiting. BC and BU get the pick of the the litter, then PC, NU, UMass Lowell, UNH, and UMass, then everyone else in the league.

he recruits two elite Europeans and fills out the rest of the roster with AHA guys, it’s lazy.

Reaction Score
You know gun buy backs... UConn needs to do that but for their season tickets for all sports

Reaction Score
he recruits two elite Europeans and fills out the rest of the roster with AHA guys, it’s lazy.
I’d rather he just recruit Americans, and good tough western Canadian farm boys. I’m not a fan of the European player. Give me grit grinders.

Reaction Score
There is a reason BC is ranked. To much talent and speed for UConn to compete with. Time prepare for the next opponent.

zls44

Reaction Score
I’d rather he just recruit Americans, and good tough western Canadian farm boys. I’m not a fan of the European player. Give me grit grinders.

I want skill guys over grinders any day. You wanna watch bad fighting go watch bellator.

zls44

Reaction Score
There is a reason BC is ranked. To much talent and speed for UConn to compete with. Time prepare for the next opponent.

I love watching uconn dump and chase against teams of faster more skilled players. It's like if Sacred Heart tried full court pressing MBB last night.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Just got home from this poor excuse for a game. Of course we left right when it hit 5-1 to beat traffic. Best part of the day was no traffic getting out of the parking lot. My question is why....just why? We are really bad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom