UConn @ Vermont (November 2nd & 3rd 2018 @ 7:05p) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Vermont (November 2nd & 3rd 2018 @ 7:05p)

Reaction Score
There were two face offs under 30 seconds left in regulation and we lost them both
Can we recruit a so-so player who can just win faceoffs? I mean just one out of 20. Scout the far reaches of Canada for a faceoffs legend in some minute tundra town

Reaction Score
Get back to me when this coach can protect a 1 goal lead in the final minute of a weekend double header.

What number does Cavanaugh wear on the ice? Did he lose the face-off, did he get knocked off the play rotation? Jesus - there is a player execution factor in games no matter the messaging from the coach

Reaction Score
Hockey East is down. Way down. BU and BC are down. Way down.

Get back to me when this coach can protect a 1 goal lead in the final minute of a weekend double header. Or beat an in state school.
Your expectations shouldn’t be very high this year.
We have a very young team. Next year a lot of these young kids will be much better for it.
What hurts is there is no veteran skill player like letunov who can take over a power play.

Reaction Score
Your expectations shouldn’t be very high this year.
We have a very young team. Next year a lot of these young kids will be much better for it.
What hurts is there is no veteran skill player like letunov who can take over a power play.

I have an expectation to be able to hold onto a goal lead on 2 separate occasions in the final 30 seconds of a game and to not lose with .5 left. Sorry.

Reaction Score
As do all of us but you want cavanaugh to be reamed by the AD on Monday?
With young teams come horror scenes like tonight.
If this was a veteran team I’d be livid.
And if the Sox didn’t just win the WS I’d be more livid.

Reaction Score
As do all of us but you want cavanaugh to be reamed by the AD on Monday?
With young teams come horror scenes like tonight.
If this was a veteran team I’d be livid.
And if the Sox didn’t just win the WS I’d be more livid.

Reamed? Nah. I just want proof we even have an AD at this point.

Cooper11

Cooper 11
Reaction Score
If you think this loss hurts now....wait till end of season when they miss playoffs by two points...they need all the points they can get against these teams and they are giving them away.

Reaction Score
Thank God I didn't make the drive.

Hockey East is getting a huge chunk of the USNDT's U18 players, especially BU and BC.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I dont want this program shoved down my throat anymore. Predictable. Everything is predictable. they NEVER take both weekend games and always blow 3rd period leads. 2 of them in 34 seconds.

David Benedict will prove what a useless disaster he has been if Cavnanugh, Ray Reid, and Edsall are not called into his office first thing Monday and chew them all the hell out for what I watched this weekend.

Cannot STAND what I am seeing ingrained into this athletic program right now. Losing all over the place and total acceptance to it.
If you take a look at the HE standings, albeit a little skewed, UConn is currently in 2nd place...The team is young and things like this happen in hockey. Were lucky to have Cananaugh.

Unaware of what happened with soccer team, but Edsall should definitely get chewed out for the performance of the football team this season.

Reaction Score
I did overreact. I am just getting really sick of what is happening with UConn athletics. Anything outside of women's bball and field hockey and I guess baseball considering the resources is horrifying. Even Geno has left me mystified during his recent Final 4 losses. Hurley has given me hope. But I am just horrified at what I am witnessing every where else. Football. Women's soccer. Men's soccer. Ollie. Conference Realignment. Leadership. I follow all of the teams and all of the games and am examining everything right now. And when u get the break of a tying goal being called off and than immediately give it up anyways? Well the best I can say is that it sucks. I want to win every game we possibly can in every sport right now. You can't be giving away a game in that fashion.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom