UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. USF @ J.O.C. (Fri. 5/10 @ *3p*, *Sat. 5/11 > Double Header Gm 1 @ 11a/Gm 2 @ 2:45*)

Reaction Score
Finish under .500 in AAC play and we're out. Very worrisome.

Stop it. There's nothing magic about being 12-12 rather than 11-13. It's just one more win in your overall resume. We're not so close to the edge where one less win should matter.

Reaction Score
Wurster threw 23 pitches as well.

Makes them questionable for tomorrow. With weather forecast for Sunday, wonder if there is a chance schedule could be changed to dh tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Makes them questionable for tomorrow. With weather forecast for Sunday, wonder if there is a chance schedule could be changed to Dan Hurley tomorrow?

It is a doubleheader tomorrow, starting at 11am.

Reaction Score
Guessing that if UConn takes this series against USF and the series at Tulane that they will be in pretty good shape for an at large bid. Winning a game or two in the AAC tourney wouldn't hurt as well.

Reaction Score
Stop it. There's nothing magic about being 12-12 rather than 11-13. It's just one more win in your overall resume. We're not so close to the edge where one less win should matter.

If we finish under .500 and flame out of the conference tourney, then yes, we will be in the danger zone. D1Baseball staff agrees. Non-P5 conferences aren't treated the same way when it comes to conference records. Yes, we should get a bit more leniency for being a Northern program, but based on our history with the Selection Committee, I wouldn't count on anything. Best to finish .500 or better to not give them any kind of reason to leave us out.

Reaction Score
If we finish under .500 and flame out of the conference tourney, then yes, we will be in the danger zone. D1Baseball staff agrees. Non-P5 conferences aren't treated the same way when it comes to conference records. Yes, we should get a bit more leniency for being a Northern program, but based on our history with the Selection Committee, I wouldn't count on anything. Best to finish .500 or better to not give them any kind of reason to leave us out.

I'm more concerned that we make sure we get up to at least 3rd so as to avoid ECU until at least the final of the conference tournament.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Guessing that if UConn takes this series against USF and the series at Tulane that they will be in pretty good shape for an at large bid. Winning a game or two in the AAC tourney wouldn't hurt as well.

4-2, a win over URI and at least 1 win in conference tournament play should get us in. If we sweep tomorrow's doubleheader we should be thinking 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Gutty effort. 2 runs in 6 innings is getting it done in college baseball.

Two excellent outings for Feole in a row, allowing 1 earned run in his last two starts covering 13 innings. He is definitely trending in the right direction now, and that is certainly good news for UConn. It would be great if he could get back to consistently going 7 or 8 innings, but I'll certainly take these two starts. Feole is now one strikeout away from tying Anthony Kay for second place on the all time Husky career strikeout list.

Reaction Score
JOC Magic Lifts Huskies to Comeback Win

Notes:
  • The Huskies grabbed its second win of the season when trailing after six innings. (Illinois)
  • Mason Feole is one strikeout away from tying Anthony Kay for second all-time in UConn history by notching his 261st career strikeout.
  • The Huskies notched their 13th 30 win season under 16th year head coach Jim Penders.
  • Coach Penders grabbed his 555th career victory on Friday and is one win away from tying Andy Baylock for the UConn all-time record.
The Huskies will honor its seven seniors prior to the first game and there will be a ceremony after game two to commemorate the 51 years the Huskies have played at the JOC.

Reaction Score
I believe no one commented on Thad Phillips getting the start today at 3B. Phillips getting the 3B start is just another sign at how poorly Moriarty and Langer have played this season, something that Penders must be really fed up by. With Kersten getting the start tomorrow, it will be interesting to see who gets the start tomorrow. It seems that lately Woodworth has been getting starts at 2B for any starting pitcher not named Mason Feole, so I expect to see Woody at 2B behind Kersten tomorrow. The question is, will they go with a more experienced player at 3B behind Kersten, or will Phillips again get the start. It would be weird to strengthen the infield defense in one way with Woodworth, but then turn around to give Phillips the start at 3B. Like I said before, this decision for the doubleheader tomorrow will be interesting to see.

Reaction Score
That must have been my first AAC baseball game. Felt weird.

The new stadium should make trips back to campus seem more worthwhile, anyway. UConn has come a very long way. The surrounding cities even have appeal. It's unreal we are even in the AAC but our day will come to go elsewhere.

Tomorrow will have fans running the bases after the doubleheader. No idea if I'll be there for that.

Reaction Score

ECU beat Wichita State 6-1
Cincinnati beat Memphis 7-4

Houston/Tulane postponed due to weather. DblHeader tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Today is graduation day. Just got here and there is a logjam of traffic. If you are coming get here EARLY.

Reaction Score
Both today and tomorrow will have ceremonies on campus and they are already parking across the street from JO.

Reaction Score
I believe no one commented on Thad Phillips getting the start today at 3B. Phillips getting the 3B start is just another sign at how poorly Moriarty and Langer have played this season, something that Penders must be really fed up by. With Kersten getting the start tomorrow, it will be interesting to see who gets the start tomorrow. It seems that lately Woodworth has been getting starts at 2B for any starting pitcher not named Mason Feole, so I expect to see Woody at 2B behind Kersten tomorrow. The question is, will they go with a more experienced player at 3B behind Kersten, or will Phillips again get the start. It would be weird to strengthen the infield defense in one way with Woodworth, but then turn around to give Phillips the start at 3B. Like I said before, this decision for the doubleheader tomorrow will be interesting to see.

Good observation.

Reaction Score
Heading into today:

1F24FE70-E09A-4522-9618-B337591F9C12.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member