UConn v. University of Rhode Island Rams (Friday 3/26 @3p & Saturday 3/27 Doubleheader starting @1p @ Elliot Ballpark). Updated Times! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn v. University of Rhode Island Rams (Friday 3/26 @3p & Saturday 3/27 Doubleheader starting @1p @ Elliot Ballpark). Updated Times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 8th, Dunlop starts the inning. I'm of the mind that Dunlop should stick to one inning stints, but we'll see what happens. Crawford is warming up at 1st base according to Chris Jones.

Dunlop hits the first batter. He then gets two outs, then gives up a walk and a hit brings in a run to tie the game at 4. This further convinces me that one inning is the limit for Colby.

Kenny Campbell coming into the game with runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 8th, Dunlop starts the inning. I'm of the mind that Dunlop should stick to one inning stints, but we'll see what happens. Crawford is warming up at 1st base according to Chris Jones.

Dunlop hits the first batter. He then gets two outs, then gives up a walk and a hit brings in a run to tie the game at 4. This further convinces me that one inning is the limit for Colby.

Kenny Campbell coming into the game.
You can almost put Dunlop in the Simeone category. He at least has had a few big games and has shown he has the potential for something big. Just doesn't have the confidence.

Reaction Score
They’re working out the bugs each game but Husky All-Access is well worth the $12 bucks a month @ this point.

UConn Baseball since 1300 hours (WBB on TV in background earlier)... a little Bear’s BBQ delivery for game two followed by a scotch or two after makes for a very good day-off (even better if we can pull out this one).

I’m sure my wife will make me pay for my day of indulgence but...

Reaction Score
Campbell gives up a two run single. 6-4 URI. Strikes out the next batter to end the inning. Crawford heading to the bullpen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, nothing happening with the UConn bats. Crawford in to pitch the top of the 9th. Chris Winkel moves to 1B, Korey Morton is now in right field.

Reaction Score
Lol... your first basemen comes into pitch in the top of the 9th of the second game of a doubleheader and he’s throwing high 90’s.

Reaction Score
Crawford with a hit by pitch and 3 strikeouts to end the inning. 6-4 URI going to the bottom of the 9th.

Reaction Score
Hope the airmail throw home by Stock and giving up the extra run by letting the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd don't come back to bite us.

Reaction Score
That's it for this game, URI takes it. Still, I have to be pleased UConn took the series. Pitching could have been much worse in this game considering that all the big bullpen arms had been used.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That's it for this game, URI takes it. Still, I have to be pleased UConn took the series. Pitching could have been much worse in this game considering that all the big bullpen arms had been used.
Beating an average team twice in three tries is nothing to be ashamed about in baseball. Still, we need to start sweeping some trams to set our record straight.

Reaction Score
Beating an average team twice in three tries is nothing to be ashamed about in baseball. Still, we need to start sweeping some trams to set our record straight.

We lost too many games during the interregional part of our season to settle for 2 out of 3 against northeastern opponents. We need better starting pitching if we're going to have any chance to get to the NCAAs without needing to win the conference tournament

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching this kid Henry Williams from Darien CT throw 98 in the 7th inning for Duke. He has gone 7 innings, giving up 2 runs and only 4 hits to a Ga tech team. Be nice if we kept a kid like him home.

Reaction Score
I would expect Pat Gallagher will get the start Tuesday against Boston College as they get ready to ramp him up for starting in Big East conference weekend games.

Reaction Score
Yup Pat and the kitchen sink it feels like were the only ones that didn’t pitch this weekend.

no surprise from Penders interview. You can really hear the frustration in his voice considering the complete lack of consistency from this team. Nothing they can hang their hat on except it’s gonna be a high stress competitive game. Offense was really disappointing today and Reggie has the yips that Kyler did early this season. He looked like Serano from the Major League movie and needs Jobu to help him hit a curveball all of a sudden.
Also if you are a pitcher and still have not seen action yet guys with 27 plus ERAs continue to get opportunities you must be an even worse alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom