UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, the Huskies had a rather lackluster night, but the Lady Vols had a worse night. ;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Post game presser - Geno's not happy with Z's defense...not one bit

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Just a guess: Molly got extended minutes because Geno intends to use her at point, thus avoiding moving Kia out of position.

Reaction Score
I think we all thought this was going to be Uconn team for the ages. So far not so much.

Danger- A lot better this year.
Kia- Same as last year.
KLS- A lot better BUT injuries have slowed her up.
Gabby- not same gabby as last year. That fearless determination is not always on the court. Migraines? Off games? IDK
Z- Clearly a huge addition and IMHO playing well.

PHEESE- Not playing as well as last year. Confidence issues, missing shots etc.

Bench - Clearly talked about on the BY. They've kinda been a dud

Mix in bad shins, bad hip flexors, black eyes, and it hasn't been the team we thought.

Yes we are undefeated, yes we've shown heart, yes we will march to the final four but the goal is to win it all. I'm a lot more concerned than I thought I'd be before the season started.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<Knowing what's in store for them, Tulsa may be reluctant to leave the locker room for the second half.>>

Losing the second half by 3 points? Wow. That's killing them. :(

Reaction Score
I think we all thought this was going to be Uconn team for the ages. So far not so much.

Kia- Same as last year.
Gabby- not same gabby as last year. That fearless determination is not always on the court. Migraines? Off games? IDK

Mix in bad shins, bad hip flexors, black eyes, and it hasn't been the team we thought.

Yes we are undefeated, yes we've shown heart, yes we will march to the final four but the goal is to win it all. I'm a lot more concerned than I thought I'd be before the season started.

You are 100% correct..

Reaction Score
As we have all suspected, this years UConn team is very very beatable. To me it is the defense that is struggling. If UConn goes the distance this year it will be with a 6 person rotation. Pray for good health and no fouls.

He has to continue to develop the bench, some of his core girls are already struggling with nagging injuries the more mins they play, IMO the more risk for injury, I’m not saying play the bench all at once, but he definitey has to keep developing at least 2 or 3 besides Stevens off the bench, this isn’t UConn team of the past imo they aren’t winning it all with a 6 man bench.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Kia- Same as last year.

Geno has a different opinion on Z.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It was somewhat to be expected that there would be a let down after a long road trip and an especially tough, physical game vs a top ten team. Geno is tearing the whole team a new one in the PC.

Reaction Score
Geno says "we may go from a six to five player rotation after this."

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations UConn Huskies!! Geno is really mad!! Lou, Gabby and Crystal are injured. Megan and Mikayla need to really step up. Azura need to start playing in beast mode, and stop playing lazy.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
9D2B2EA0-03BB-4002-A069-731DCF44120B.jpeg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Who said that?

Geno. And he Wanted to give everyone their $$ back. If you walked in the house after missing the game just to see the presser you'd never think they won by 18.
Geno is a hard marker!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
<<Knowing what's in store for them, Tulsa may be reluctant to leave the locker room for the second half.>>

Losing the second half by 3 points? Wow. That's killing them. :(

So, do we lose the #1 ranking ? Only half joking.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that Geno has taken the kid gloves off. Actually, I doubt he owns any. As the late, great Dick Enberg was fond of saying, "Oh my!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom