UCONN v. TULANE - GAME THREAD | Page 30 | The Boneyard

UCONN v. TULANE - GAME THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like an for thinking you were the voice of reason 2 weeks ago. Wake up. The player are bad but the results are on a different level.

I heard Lubin almost puked during the first BB practice. Is that true?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
My local HS team is 0-5 and they show more emotion then this bunch.

Reaction Score
I have no problem benching Newsome in the second half. The fumbles are a problem and it needs to be fixed. High and tight, cover it on contact!!! But, he aside from Davis is our next best offensive option. He showed the ability to be an every down back, if he can protect the ball. I like that he fights for extra yards but he needs to secure the ball. It's a fixible problem. I am confident, it's something he will work on. Tiki Barber was a similar type player, who had issues fumbling. He was able to correct it. I believe Newsome can too. That process needs to start now! We need him on the field.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And with that we should permanently close this thread....

Reaction Score
I agree Newsome is our most explosive player. The TO's were killer, but he makes plays.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I cannot be this pessimistic. The defense plays well for long stretches. Some way some how Diaco needs to find a way to field a competent offense. That starts with a game plan that the personel could actually execute. I will give him a clue for free. Slow developing plays should not be part of the game plan.

They lose Davis and Foxx. Don't have a single offensive lineman and don't have a quarterback.

You can't gameplan around that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
H
You win the prize then. If you weren't drunk tonight, then you are one miserable pr.i.ck of a newbie.
I love s like you. I have had season tickets since 1999. I joined this board a couple of years ago to read up on the team. Me a newbie? . Posting a lot of garbage does not make you a fan sonny.

Reaction Score
And with that we should permanently close this thread....
But why??? sportsart is gonna be around all night, trashing on basketball fans, newbies, and the frustrated faithful. It's gonna be a blast.

Reaction Score
They lose Davis and Foxx. Don't have a single offensive lineman and don't have a quarterback.

You can't gameplan around that.

If we go through another year like this year again next year, then you have to consider if we have the right guy. College teams graduate players every year. Players improve becoming familiar with their coach. These Olinemen have to get better by default. They're getting tons of reps.

I just want to see four wins next year. Beat an FBS team, blowout your FCS opponent. I've given up the pipe dream that we will be bowling anytime soon, but we simply can't continue to look this inept. Wasted two time outs today. They have clean that up.

Reaction Score
The strawman expert speaks. Pay no attention to the clown behind the curtain. He gets off on games like this because it makes him think the football program will be cancelled soon.

Dear Mrs Diaco,

Your son is clueless

Reaction Score
I heard Lubin almost puked during the first BB practice. Is that true?

I am obviously a basketball fan first and foremost. I have watched every second of football this season, itching for a reason to dive in headfirst because I realize how important CFB is to the realignment process. I think Diaco could possibly be bringing in a tremendous change of culture to the program. I just hate when I see people sugarcoating some of the absurd coaching decisions that are occurring this season.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
noeynox said:
If we go through another year like this year again next year, then you have to consider if we have the right guy. College teams graduate players every year. Players improve becoming familiar with their coach. These Olinemen have to get better by default. They're getting tons of reps. I just want to see four wins next year. Beat an FBS team, blowout your FCS opponent. I've given up the pipe dream that we will be bowling anytime soon, but we simply can't continue to look this inept. Wasted two time outs today. They have clean that up.

I'd be happy with blowout your fcs opponent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we go through another year like this year again next year, then you have to consider if we have the right guy. College teams graduate players every year. Players improve becoming familiar with their coach. These Olinemen have to get better by default. They're getting tons of reps.

I just want to see four wins next year. Beat an FBS team, blowout your FCS opponent. I've given up the pipe dream that we will be bowling anytime soon, but we simply can't continue to look this inept. Wasted two time outs today. They have clean that up.

They can clean things up but you can't conjure an offensive line from nothing. And they may have a true freshman playing QB.

Reaction Score
I am obviously a basketball fan first and foremost. I have watched every second of football this season, itching for a reason to dive in headfirst because I realize how important CFB is to the realignment process. I think Diaco could possibly be bringing in a tremendous change of culture to the program. I just hate when I see people sugarcoating some of the absurd coaching decisions that are occurring this season.

I'm hoping for a Matt Rhule like improvement in the COACHING dept next year. He looked lost year one, but looks solid this year. That is all I want. Forget wins and losses, just not looking totally clueless.

Reaction Score
They can clean things up but you can't conjure an offensive line from nothing. And they may have a true freshman playing QB.

I don't know. That 2012 UMass team was as inept an offensive squad as I've seen. Now look at them 2 years later.

Reaction Score
Go to bed. You're embarrassing yourself with yet another epic meltdown.

I've always admired how he defends the program no matter what. I wish I could do the same, but there is no defending scoring three points against Tulane.

We should never complain about this conference ever again. Were lucky they allow us to play football in it. We are by far the worst team in this league. I watched Tulsa look competent on offense against Temple today and Tulane shut us the fugg down. Chew on that everyone that rags on Tulane and Tulsa.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know. That 2012 UMass team was as inept an offensive squad as I've seen. Now look at them 2 years later.

Well that's 2+ seasons and the MAC is horrific this year. They have like 4 of the 10 worst teams in the country.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I said all along I didn't expect much this season (I thought 6 wins was a long shot even with CC).

I realize our O line is VERY BAD ( and much different than the line from the end of last season).

But, this is next level ineptitude.

I mean, this is just beyond dreadful.

3 points scored against Tulane??

There's a middle ground between not having the players, taking time to evaluate a new staff etc. but this team gets worse and more lost every week and that is on Diaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom