UConn v. Northeastern - Monday 5/15@3p @ J.O.C. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Northeastern - Monday 5/15@3p @ J.O.C.

Reaction Score
Clarification - I think Blood is a great coach who is doing tremendous work down at UHart. I want him to run this program someday, but I only think that day should come when Penders retires. I will never understand why you guys try and force Penders out year after year because the team makes mistakes that -- news flash -- are common all across collegiate baseball. Do you honestly think we are the only team to strike out with the bases loaded, or boot the occasional ground ball, or screw up on the basepaths? Have you lost count of how many times we've inordinately benefited from other teams doing so this year alone? I've already brought forth data in past arguments to show that UConn does very well compared to most other DI teams in terms of fielding and pitchers throwing strikes. If you and ATL's wishes were indulged and Penders was sacked for Blood at the end of the season, you would be calling for Blood's head by the end of next February.
Don't mistake my comment for #firePenders. Penders has done a fantastic job with this program. I think Blood brought things to the program that Penders lacks. Both of them together were great.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I had such high hopes for this team but they seem to lose focus at the worst times. Everytime they have a chance to make a move or to take care of business against an inferior team, they implode with a series of missed pitches, unforced errors, looking at 3rd strikes, etc.
Is it Penders? Yeah he made some head scratching decisions as far as pitching moves and line ups.
More so its the players who at times play with their heads up their arses.
They need a couple of big bats and a catcher who can throw out runners
If they make the tournament - great
If they don't - they don't deserve it
So much talent to lose these damn games vs. NE foes.

Reaction Score
Clarification - I think Blood is a great coach who is doing tremendous work down at UHart. I want him to run this program someday, but I only think that day should come when Penders retires. I will never understand why you guys try and force Penders out year after year because the team makes mistakes that -- news flash -- are common all across collegiate baseball. Do you honestly think we are the only team to strike out with the bases loaded, or boot the occasional ground ball, or screw up on the basepaths? Have you lost count of how many times we've inordinately benefited from other teams doing so this year alone? I've already brought forth data in past arguments to show that UConn does very well compared to most other DI teams in terms of fielding and pitchers throwing strikes. If you and ATL's wishes were indulged and Penders was sacked for Blood at the end of the season, you would be calling for Blood's head by the end of next February.
I'm not saying he should get fired either. We know he has been a good recruiter and that we aren't going to find anyone who is better. My beef with him is he just really seems to hold grudges or something against players. He better hope Poulin pitches a great game today or I think he will really have many on here who might call for his head. Poulin threw 27 pitches Friday and 44 on Saturday, so 71 pitches and now your bringing him back on Tuesday. Meanwhile a guy like Nepiarsky who has pitched very well doesn't get the start today and is rarely used or only in clean up like yesterday. Nepiarsky, like Zapata have done something where they just can't seem to earn more playing time. Yet, he overloads other guys and in some cases guys who aren't exactly getting it done either. I get it, Zapata has struggled, but who hasn't at times and we know the kid has good potential but yet seems to be buried.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom